Anyone ever have to relocate because of their spouse?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Anyone ever have to relocate becuase of their spouse?

girls-are-evil.jpg

:lol:lol:lol

You don't have a problem with ANYTHING else that I wrote, just that part!? C'mon Ween. :D

:lol I didn't even realize that it was you that said it! That's what I get for reading the board at work. I was just skimming basically. I didn't even catch the "camping" part. :lol

I guess my eyes got crossed from reading all (or most) of Blackthornone's posts!

DUH!! :duh

Dude - you made the right decision. Besides you are here in LA now. PLENTY of things to do. The graphics industry is growing faster than any other.

Do what you want right now and when you meet that special someone, she will stick by your side and encourage you to go even further.

As for me, I'm ready to pack my bags and leave Cali. It was fun but I am from the Midwest and enjoy nature and being able to buy a giant house for under $300k with a yard, man room, bar, etc...

Plus I want a Love Shack next door to 316what. So when his wife yells at him he can walk on over and crack a bottle, sit down and watch sports right next to me. :p

Dude - you made the right decision. Besides you are here in LA now. PLENTY of things to do. The graphics industry is growing faster than any other.

Do what you want right now and when you meet that special someone, she will stick by your side and encourage you to go even further.

As for me, I'm ready to pack my bags and leave Cali. It was fun but I am from the Midwest and enjoy nature and being able to buy a giant house for under $300k with a yard, man room, bar, etc...

Plus I want a Love Shack next door to 316what. So when his wife yells at him he can walk on over and crack a bottle, sit down and watch sports right next to me. :p

You forgot in the nude.:banana

Thanks for the words :)

Yeah, that's what I thought too.... That a TRUE friend and wife would be very supportive and want me to succeed. And if she wanted something different, then discussing it wouldn't be so difficult!

But that's what I'm worried about too...... That I stay here for school, then realize that I just can't afford it. Or that I eventually want to move back east, and ironically end up being back there anyway (which was the whole reason we split up for good anyways.....) I can't tell what's gonna happen. Just sucks that things crash and burn so unexpectedly.... I'm always one to plan ahead and KNOW what I have ahead of me :eek:

But yeah, a nice house with a big yard and a man cave sounds pretty sweet :D

Thanks for the words :)

Yeah, that's what I thought too.... That a TRUE friend and wife would be very supportive and want me to succeed. And if she wanted something different, then discussing it wouldn't be so difficult!

But that's what I'm worried about too...... That I stay here for school, then realize that I just can't afford it. Or that I eventually want to move back east, and ironically end up being back there anyway (which was the whole reason we split up for good anyways.....) I can't tell what's gonna happen. Just sucks that things crash and burn so unexpectedly.... I'm always one to plan ahead and KNOW what I have ahead of me :eek:

But yeah, a nice house with a big yard and a man cave sounds pretty sweet :D

Chris, what you need to do is learn to live for today a little. Instead of this maste plan you seem to have, you should set smaller attainable goals.

First should be to finish school. Once that's done, only then will you really see what doors open up.

One thing that is hard for younger people is to learn to sacrifice. Believe me, if only I knew then what I know now....I'm sure you've heard just about everyone older than you say that. And they say it because it's true. Learning to sacrifice early will makes thing a lot easier as you get older.

No one can tell what is gonna happen because life loves to throw crazy curves at all of us. You just have to learn to roll with them and seek out the lesson in each curve. For every thing that happens, there's a lesson to be learned. But all too often we have a habit of concentrating on the bad/negative part of it instead of seeking out the lesson.

Couple months have passed... I appreciate all the helpful advice from everyone, and it's helped put perspective on things. But I have to admit, it STILL sucks...

I tried dating, and that was a bad idea. Can't seem to shake this feeling of anger and betrayal... :mad: I've been through two tough break ups before, but this one's a doosy.... :angelsmil

Couple months have passed... I appreciate all the helpful advice from everyone, and it's helped put perspective on things. But I have to admit, it STILL sucks...

I tried dating, and that was a bad idea. Can't seem to shake this feeling of anger and betrayal... :mad: I've been through two tough break ups before, but this one's a doosy.... :angelsmil

So what are u trying to say?

If you still feel that way then you my friend need more time and are not ready to date. :lecture

So what are u trying to say?

Nothing really. We're not back together... We've barely even spoken to each other. I'm just still in the heat of the mourning process......:angelsmil

If you still feel that way then you my friend need more time and are not ready to date. :lecture

That I'm becoming aware of... I just try and meet people and make friends, but they want more from me. And I can't offer it right now.

Nothing really. We're not back together... We've barely even spoken to each other. I'm just still in the heat of the mourning process......:angelsmil

That I'm becoming aware of... I just try and meet people and make friends, but they want more from me. And I can't offer it right now.

Best thing you can do is be honest and up front and let them know that. You will be fine. Just takes time. :duff

Best thing you can do is be honest and up front and let them know that. You will be fine. Just takes time. :duff

Thanks man. But my question is, what's a normal time frame for someone to start moving on?!?!? I mean, the thing is I just moved out here to LA so I don't have many CLOSE friends... Sure I've met people, but of course it'd be easier to move on if I had the comfort of family and friends I've known for all my life. But I don't have that luxury right now, so it feels very difficult to shake this off my mind........ :eek:

So many nerds...so few women for them = More for me.

Back