Anyone ever have to relocate because of their spouse?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Anyone ever have to relocate becuase of their spouse?

I hear ya....I'm dieing to move back to NYC or maybe even Cali since the Graphic Design industry is better, ....i just don't have the fund to do so....sometimes I just think that the best thing to do is drop everything and just go....but then reality checks in and I start thinking about how irresponsible that would be.

Sometimes I just think that I'm never gonna get out of this stinking state. :(

That's interesting to hear you say this Boota...... (if I may call you Boota :) ) I was under the impression that you liked where you live and what you do??? :confused:

Either way, it'd be great to have another fellow freak come out this way :rock I hope you can figure out where you'd like to go...

That's interesting to hear you say this Boota...... (if I may call you Boota :) ) I was under the impression that you liked where you live and what you do??? :confused:

Either way, it'd be great to have another fellow freak come out this way :rock I hope you can figure out where you'd like to go...

I mean...I like what I do...but it's not what I really wanna do.....for that I need to move. And Florida sucks....u know that Chris!:rolleyes:

I mean...I like what I do...but it's not what I really wanna do.....for that I need to move. And Florida sucks....u know that Chris!:rolleyes:

So what is it that you really want to do? All I know about you is that you got talent! I've seen some of your work, and you got great drawing skills. Not to mention some great resume fillers.... So I'm sure you could land something :)

And yeah, I know that Tampa isn't as abundant in some industries there..... I'm glad I ventured out of my comfort zone. It's very eye opening :) Never easy, but rewarding to say you conjured up the strength :cool:

It would seem that so many people are in love with someone but they don't truly LIKE them. If you already knew these controlling aspects about her (and didn't really like it), what would make you think loving her would make it better?

I've never asked my hubby to give up anything for me or change something about himself and he's not asked me. If either of us gave up something, it was because we chose to on our own -- not to show we loved the other enough to do so but because it was the right thing to do for the situation and/or ourselves. Giving up a part of yourself, regardless of whether it's collecting or something more serious, doesn't really prove love. And if the person is asking you to give it up, then that person doesn't really like you for what you truly are; that person doesn't give 2 cents about love -- it's manipulation and control that drives them.

I've relocated 10 times for my husband, not because he asked me but because I wanted to be with him. And I've HATED more than 2/3 of the places we moved to. But it was part of the package deal when I agreed to marry him and it was implicit that I would accept his career/life. We've been married 36 years and I haven't regretted anything nor missed any "what might have beens."

You need to find someone you LIKE first, then worry about the love part later.

So what is it that you really want to do? All I know about you is that you got talent! I've seen some of your work, and you got great drawing skills. Not to mention some great resume fillers.... So I'm sure you could land something :)

And yeah, I know that Tampa isn't as abundant in some industries there..... I'm glad I ventured out of my comfort zone. It's very eye opening :) Never easy, but rewarding to say you conjured up the strength :cool:

Well....My dream job would be to work for film marketing (if that's how u call it)...u know...that Graphic Designers that work for Major Media Companies doing all the posters, promos, dvd art designs, etc...u know....I've researched a little about a few companies, and most of them are based mainly in Cali....

I also am interested in Packaging and Branding Design...most of those are in NYC.

So yeah....in a nut shell....I just wanna be in the Advertising Industry...i guess.

I hear ya....I'm dieing to move back to NYC or maybe even Cali since the Graphic Design industry is better, ....i just don't have the fund to do so....sometimes I just think that the best thing to do is drop everything and just go....but then reality checks in and I start thinking about how irresponsible that would be.

Sometimes I just think that I'm never gonna get out of this stinking state. :(

Why do u stay Bam? :confused:

Why do u stay Bam? :confused:

Stay where?.... in Florida?? Cuz I'm broke son! :monkey5

Can't afford to move yet....but I'm patiently saving my pennies....so I know it's gonna happen....i just need to be optimistic...i guess. :rolleyes:

All you need is somewhere to stay for a bit. I've moved with alot less then that guarntee...:lol

"guarntee"
Is that hillbilly for guarantee?

:p

Sorry to hit a rawr :naughty nerve there Sam. Continue on with your grooming without regret or guilt. :lol

I apologise for my snide and unfounded comments, and for besmirching your unblemished reputation. :monkey3 I await your forgiveness and hope this hasn't caused a rift in our friendship. Oooo la la.
Oh now Creechie... You *know* you're due punishment if we should ever meet!

:lol

I know this will come out wrong, but you can teach an old dog new tricks...that's what I meant by prepping. Thought there may be some new 2010 moves that need the kinks worked out.
th_thinking.gif

Now that you mention it, I do need some kinks worked out!

th_wink-1.gif

It would seem that so many people are in love with someone but they don't truly LIKE them. If you already knew these controlling aspects about her (and didn't really like it), what would make you think loving her would make it better?

I've never asked my hubby to give up anything for me or change something about himself and he's not asked me. If either of us gave up something, it was because we chose to on our own -- not to show we loved the other enough to do so but because it was the right thing to do for the situation and/or ourselves. Giving up a part of yourself, regardless of whether it's collecting or something more serious, doesn't really prove love. And if the person is asking you to give it up, then that person doesn't really like you for what you truly are; that person doesn't give 2 cents about love -- it's manipulation and control that drives them.

I've relocated 10 times for my husband, not because he asked me but because I wanted to be with him. And I've HATED more than 2/3 of the places we moved to. But it was part of the package deal when I agreed to marry him and it was implicit that I would accept his career/life. We've been married 36 years and I haven't regretted anything nor missed any "what might have beens."

You need to find someone you LIKE first, then worry about the love part later.
Chris, this is a most excellent post.

The reason your ex got ticked at your collectible "stunt" was because you didn't give it freely with your heart- there were strings attached.

People often use the term 'compromise' but what successful, loving adults do is "give gifts" to each other. To make each other happy, or more comfortable, or to be together! Or just to make life easier for their spouse. It keeps love and appreciation flowing.

You or she: moving or selling or what-have-you should be given as a gift. With love. And no resentment.

And sorry, Chris- This Friday night I will be at the House of Blues watching The Damned play! :rock

Anyone ever have to relocate becuase of their spouse?

Yeah. About 7 years ago. So I know, it sucks. I was originally from New York (The Bronx). Loved it there. One thing led to another, and I ended up married to my first Wife. She was cool. At first. And everything was going great. And then 2 months into our marriage she had the nerve to tell me she was pregnant.

Now, I immediately knew the baby wasn't mine. For a couple of reasons. First off, I hadn't had sex with her in the last 12 hours before her announcement. That's a dead giveaway she was lying. Also, when we DID have sex, I would always pull out. And when a man has an orgasm and then pulls out he can't get a woman pregnant. That's a scientifical fact.

So that's when I knew it was time for a change of scenery. I got my Wife, hopped in the car and we went "Camping". Afterwards, when I arrived back home, alone, I quickly packed up whatever I could grab and I moved out here to San Francisco.

So yeah.. I know relocating sucks. You have to change your identity. Your name, social security number, etc. It sucks. Plus there's always that lingering thought of the Police knocking on your door and taking you away. I know bro. Been there and done that! So I know exactly what you're going through.

But I'm happy now. Got a new Wife, and everything is great. Although if this one keeps nagging me about the
toilet seat being up I'll have to take her ass "Camping" too. And that'll mean yet ANOTHER move.

But it's all part of life's adventure. So good luck man!

P.S. Hey don't tell anyone about all this ok? Thanks!

Oh now Creechie... You *know* you're due punishment if we should ever meet!

:lol

This Friday night I will be at the House of Blues watching The Damned play! :rock

Rock on Sam. :rock :rock :rock OOooooEeeeee. :banana:banana:banana

Yeah. About 7 years ago. So I know, it sucks. I was originally from New York (The Bronx). Loved it there. One thing led to another, and I ended up married to my first Wife. She was cool. At first. And everything was going great. And then 2 months into our marriage she had the nerve to tell me she was pregnant.

Now, I immediately knew the baby wasn't mine. For a couple of reasons. First off, I hadn't had sex with her in the last 12 hours before her announcement. That's a dead giveaway she was lying. Also, when we DID have sex, I would always pull out. And when a man has an orgasm and then pulls out he can't get a woman pregnant. That's a scientifical fact.

So that's when I knew it was time for a change of scenery. I got my Wife, hopped in the car and we went "Camping". Afterwards, when I arrived back home, alone, I quickly packed up whatever I could grab and I moved out here to San Francisco.

So yeah.. I know relocating sucks. You have to change your identity. Your name, social security number, etc. It sucks. Plus there's always that lingering thought of the Police knocking on your door and taking you away. I know bro. Been there and done that! So I know exactly what you're going through.

But I'm happy now. Got a new Wife, and everything is great. Although if this one keeps nagging me about the
toilet seat being up I'll have to take her ass "Camping" too. And that'll mean yet ANOTHER move.

Sorry, hope you're not practicing that now!

https://www.contracept.org/withdrawal.php

And I have to ask....how does not having sex with her for 12 hours before she says she's pregnant mean it's not your's?

And sorry, Chris- This Friday night I will be at the House of Blues watching The Damned play! :rock

Care to give us a clue on the title of the damned play you're going to see?

Haha.

SnakeDoc

Sorry, hope you're not practicing that now!

https://www.contracept.org/withdrawal.php

And I have to ask....how does not having sex with her for 12 hours before she says she's pregnant mean it's not your's?

:lol:lol:lol

You don't have a problem with ANYTHING else that I wrote, just that part!? C'mon Ween. :D

LOL....I can't tell if ur joking or not.:lol
But u did mention my hometown...so for that it deserves a quote.

BIG UP 2 da BX! :rock

that is true story from da Devil and you all thought he was a nice guy :rolleyes: :lol

I've found from trial and error that a Falcon Punch is the best form of birth control, and stress relief.

Chris, dude from here on out AVOID any drama in your life. It robs you of the very energy you need to succeed in your career. What you're doing now may seem "self-centered" from the perspective of people who have not yet sorted out what they want out of life, but the truth is, you're on the right track.

Being from FL myself, and having moved to CA, I can relate to a lot of what you're feeling. SoCal has a lot more going for it in the arts and entertainment scene than SF, so if that's what you want, you're in the right place!

Don't regret the past nor dread the future. Now is all you have.

Back