Anyone ever buy a statue off ebay at a great price?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never pay by check, money order or cash. You have ZERO protection. I hope the guy is an honest seller but you are seriously making it way, way too easy for people to rip you off. When dealing with your hard earned money, you got to look out for yourself...protect what is yours. Also never do a preorder on eBay unless you are going to get the item well within the 45 day window to file a claim. But since you paid with a money order...I doubt eBay could even help you anyway.

I don't mean to sound rude, but you really need to use some common sense when making transactions with complete strangers. You seem to make these deals to save a few bucks - but in doing so are putting yourself at the mercy of the buyers. Not a good position to be in because these people know that if they do choose to rip you off, there is very little you can do about it.

:goodpost::exactly: Top it off Comic Guy will not post the person name of the person that has rip him off. This is the 2nd time in less then a week I have seen him make these kind of posts. Again I know this is going to sound hard. But by not doing so Comic Guy is help rip off others on this board.

So Comic Guy.....Who has rip you off?? Post there names.

So I'm guessing money order is that bad huh? :slap I really hope this sale goes through, if not I'm going to consider quitting this hobby. That would be the last straw for me. I didn't buy this one after the first scam. They were both purchase before any scams. But now after my first scam, I would not have bought it since. It's too late to go back on this one now. I'm just praying that this will go through. :pray: I'm going to ask the guys on the Droids forum to keep update. Yes it does sound too good to be true, since it's 800.00 shipped saying if anyone buys it from SS it will already costs more than 800.00 shipped. :gah: I will keep you all updated. I'm really wishing that I'm going to not get scam again on this one. Seriously if I lose this one. I'm really going to decide if it's really worth all the many headaches collecting statues. It's not just these scams, but all the claims going on from broken statues, SS not replacing certain broken statues, etc ...........

The bottom line is that you can't be naive and take people's word on anything with money. Money makes people do stupid things. Like Jen said, trying to save a measly few bucks versus losing hundreds of dollars is not worth it. You need to use your common sense. If your not sure, ask someone.

I am hoping that guy comes through for you but I just don't see it happening. :(

I also notice that your collecting habit seems to be more focus on ES or a fashion of these so call grails. Buy it because you like it and would be proud to display them. Should you quit this hobby because of a couple of bad purchases? IMO, no! Only do so when you no longer appreciate the look of the statue. But like others have said, use your common sense. Without that, you are playing Russian roulette on potential scams to something that could be legit.

Never pay by check, money order or cash. You have ZERO protection. I hope the guy is an honest seller but you are seriously making it way, way too easy for people to rip you off. When dealing with your hard earned money, you got to look out for yourself...protect what is yours. Also never do a preorder on eBay unless you are going to get the item well within the 45 day window to file a claim. But since you paid with a money order...I doubt eBay could even help you anyway.

I don't mean to sound rude, but you really need to use some common sense when making transactions with complete strangers. You seem to make these deals to save a few bucks - but in doing so are putting yourself at the mercy of the buyers. Not a good position to be in because these people know that if they do choose to rip you off, there is very little you can do about it.

:exactly::goodpost:

Once something sells out...its open game. I see alot of crazy prices on ebay, but where else can u go?

Thanks very true and everyone else I know what you mean. I guess noob mistake. I will never do that ever again. It's just not worth it. Way too much risk and if it doesn't happen now, I will get scam sooner or later with more transactions comes much more risk as I found out on colossus ex. Thanks all for the warning. I will learn from this mistake and never again buy a preorder not from SS or a very well known member. :)

The bottom line is that you can't be naive and take people's word on anything with money. Money makes people do stupid things. Like Jen said, trying to save a measly few bucks versus losing hundreds of dollars is not worth it. You need to use your common sense. If your not sure, ask someone.

I am hoping that guy comes through for you but I just don't see it happening. :(

I also notice that your collecting habit seems to be more focus on ES or a fashion of these so call grails. Buy it because you like it and would be proud to display them. Should you quit this hobby because of a couple of bad purchases? IMO, no! Only do so when you no longer appreciate the look of the statue. But like others have said, use your common sense. Without that, you are playing Russian roulette on potential scams to something that could be legit.

:exactly::goodpost:

:exactly: very well said! I will learn well from all this thanks so much. This info here is priceless. :hi5: sometimes I just need someone to kick me as a reminder. :)

Last edited:
Ebay can be a decent avenue for purchase but you have to be patient and smart. The good deals that I have gotten come mostly on BuyitNows where the seller is looking to sell something quick and thus has the item at a decent price. I got my Cap and Thor comic PFs this way. Granted, those are expensive to begin with but I still got them for far less then market value. Also, occasionally someone doesn't pay after winning an auction so if you are second in the bidding, the seller may sell to you. Obviously that is just a lucky break. So, luck does play a part but patience is the key. It's also important to stay away from shady sellers...low feedback numbers, not using a standard payment process etc are red flags. don't jump on a good deal unless you are protected by paypal and ebay and are dealing with a legitimate seller.

:goodpost::exactly: Top it off Comic Guy will not post the person name of the person that has rip him off. This is the 2nd time in less then a week I have seen him make these kind of posts. Again I know this is going to sound hard. But by not doing so Comic Guy is help rip off others on this board.

So Comic Guy.....Who has rip you off?? Post there names.

If you want the name and info, pm me I will give it to you. I've sent it to about 15 members already. The reason I didn't post it here is because I wanted to wait until I was finish the case up first. I have request everyone to not post it until I was finish with the case. But the thread has been done and it warn people who wanted to know. I email everyone who needed it. So I requested the thread to be shut down by the mods. I will post a update when I'm done for sure. Until then let's move on. :wink1:

Snow White
My $100 Score at a Show

100_9072.jpg

100_9076.jpg

100_9073.jpg

100_9074.jpg

100_9075.jpg

100_9081.jpg

100_9077.jpg

:clap Madame is such a sexy statue! So is the Disney one you posted! :clap I liked both a lot. :hi5: congrats on both!!!! Love your shelves in the pics! I see you own a she hulk there too. One of my all time favorites and my very first SS PF!

Dang, CBG, not to pour salt in your wound but you paid with a money order...Yikes! I knew something didnt add up when you said it was only $800 shipped. It'll cost maybe $900 shipped by the seller to get it to you after "he" pays SS...that doesnt add up. I hope you dont get ripped off again but it sure looks bad.

If you want the name and info, pm me I will give it to you. I've sent it to about 15 members already. The reason I didn't post it here is because I wanted to wait until I was finish the case up first. I have request everyone to not post it until I was finish with the case. But the thread has been done and it warn people who wanted to know. I email everyone who needed it. So I requested the thread to be shut down by the mods. I will post a update when I'm done for sure. Until then let's move on. :wink1:

I understand to a point of what your doing. Its just if there is a problem why wait? How many can close in the time you take to work things out? If you really want to look at it this way. Say I had a problem and its sometime we both collect. I bid, won, and its now been 3 weeks without my item. Two days ago after I had made this post you seen something you wanted from the same seller. You bid, its a 3/7/10 day item. You won, you paid the seller. In the same time I did not get it. I called PP (you seem to pay off the books and by money order). PP sides with me, and I get my money back. Yet you paid by a using PP Gift or a Money Order. Your out your money.

In short this board is for collectors. We buy many items. Sellers that do this know this. If we do not talk to each other they will take our money. In the end who is to blame? Someone that is a thief is still a thief. Posting their name just helps the next person so they don't get rip off.

I'm sorry that this is happening to you, I really am. If I can help you I would and I would hope you would do the same.

As for this being locked. No, it should not be lock unless there is a problem. Vent, we will listen, bitc# and we will listen. But to say we need to PM you so we can stay away from a bad seller is lazy. Yes this is a open board.

I'm very sorry if this come off hard and I don't mean too. But if I was rip off and you known about it. I would see you as person that help rip me off.

Just post the user name. I would. What are they going to do? Call the police?

I understand to a point of what your doing. Its just if there is a problem why wait? How many can close in the time you take to work things out? If you really want to look at it this way. Say I had a problem and its sometime we both collect. I bid, won, and its now been 3 weeks without my item. Two days ago after I had made this post you seen something you wanted from the same seller. You bid, its a 3/7/10 day item. You won, you paid the seller. In the same time I did not get it. I called PP (you seem to pay off the books and by money order). PP sides with me, and I get my money back. Yet you paid by a using PP Gift or a Money Order. Your out your money.

In short this board is for collectors. We buy many items. Sellers that do this know this. If we do not talk to each other they will take our money. In the end who is to blame? Someone that is a thief is still a thief. Posting their name just helps the next person so they don't get rip off.

I'm sorry that this is happening to you, I really am. If I can help you I would and I would hope you would do the same.

As for this being locked. No, it should not be lock unless there is a problem. Vent, we will listen, bitc# and we will listen. But to say we need to PM you so we can stay away from a bad seller is lazy. Yes this is a open board.

I'm very sorry if this come off hard and I don't mean too. But if I was rip off and you known about it. I would see you as person that help rip me off.

Just post the user name. I would. What are they going to do? Call the police?

I know what you're saying. The seller blocked me out and just stopped listing everything right after I posted this thread. So no one is going to get scam anytime soon. Lol hey to the person who scam me, most likely watching my moves, take care ok? :wink1:

Thanks very true and everyone else I know what you mean. I guess noob mistake. I will never do that ever again. It's just not worth it. Way too much risk and if it doesn't happen now, I will get scam sooner or later with more transactions comes much more risk as I found out on colossus ex. Thanks all for the warning. I will learn from this mistake and never again buy a preorder not from SS or a very well known member. :)

Dude you are still doing it.....

back on topic, I just picked up a Logan PF for £87 including shipping. I know theres not much love for the big headed freakazoid, but I love it.

Looks awesome next to my X-23.:hi5:

:slap you're right! Ok I'm using only paypal within the covered months from now on. :wink1: thanks for knocking some more sense into me. Sorry bad habit, takes a while for it to kick in. :)

Now all we need to do is kick some sense into you and post the user name :1-1:

On a deal but not off of eBay. My Judge Dredd Helmet (H) and Lawgiver came the other day. The Lawgiver is not a hero but I can live with it. Yes I put the helmet on and said "I AM THE LAW"!!!

How about a PF ex boba fett for 400.00? That's a great deal. I saw it on eBay and contact a member here who needed one. If I didn't have mine I would be all over it. ;)

How about a PF ex boba fett for 400.00? That's a great deal. I saw it on eBay and contact a member here who needed one. If I didn't have mine I would be all over it. ;)

Since you seem to have a ton of statues. I only have one and two on the way. Do these brake easy? I know shipping it happens, this is why I only buy them from SSC. But in hand. I understand if it falls but if someone picks it up how do they hold up?

Back