Anyone ever buy a statue off ebay at a great price?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait eBay does not allow preorders like this? I see so many of them on there. I had this the same time as colossus, otherwise I wouldn't do it. I didn't use paypal. I sent in a money order. Does that make any difference? :panic: crap! What to do!?!?! ........

The only way you can stop this is cancel the money order (that's if it's not already cashed). Otherwise consider your $800 gone.

:thud:

You really should stop doing this. Maybe it's best to ask for advise before buying anything.....especially with money orders. That is why ebay refrains transactions with cheques and money orders..... tons of potential scams out there. And if you want to give your money away so easily, donate it then.

Wow man, thats some serious bread to throw down on a pre-order....I mean you just got scammed hard cause of that, now again!??

First Rule: NEVER SEND GIFT PAYMENT
Second Rule: NEVER PRE-ORDER OFF EBAY
Third Rule: LOOK AT RULES 1 & 2 AGAIN AND FOLLOW THEM :lecture

that is all

Wow man, thats some serious bread to throw down on a pre-order....I mean you just got scammed hard cause of that, now again!??

First Rule: NEVER SEND GIFT PAYMENT
Second Rule: NEVER PRE-ORDER OFF EBAY
Third Rule: LOOK AT RULES 1 & 2 AGAIN AND FOLLOW THEM :lecture

that is all

And

Rule 4: If its too good to be true... Walk away!
Rule 5: don't pay by money order or cheque!

Well I'd say watch your step with that one, I did get the 1:1 WM for $850 shipped to me,which is wayy too good to be tru, buuttttt it happened :yess:

Well that's not a bad price....

What I meant though was ........

(Example)...

About a year ago, I was the 4th highest bidder on the Doom PF at $425 shipped with a 2nd chance offer. The seller was from Malaysia. The going rate at the time was $1200. I knew instantly it was a scam and I walked away from it without hesitation.

Oh's yea! Good call!! Woulda sucked to get the shipper of doom :lol Still looking huh? Me too :monkey2

No I finally got one.... :)

f0q1k3.jpg
dr1

Alright! That's it. I'm throwing my hands up...

cbg wins for most gullible pseudo freak of the year. :horror

(that is if he's not just a troll, or mole, or something)

My best buy was the Arnold t850 cinemaquette. Got it for $560 + 180 shipping. Item was brand new never opened

My best buy was the Arnold t850 cinemaquette. Got it for $560 + 180 shipping. Item was brand new never opened

Damn. Thats an amazing deal!

Mostly I've gotten deals because they are statues no one else wants LOL

Indy Crystal Skull PF - $240
Jedi Luke PF - $200

Both were good deals and I really like the statues.

You paid with a money order? Are you serious? I am at a loss for words...

So I'm guessing money order is that bad huh? :slap I really hope this sale goes through, if not I'm going to consider quitting this hobby. That would be the last straw for me. I didn't buy this one after the first scam. They were both purchase before any scams. But now after my first scam, I would not have bought it since. It's too late to go back on this one now. I'm just praying that this will go through. :pray: I'm going to ask the guys on the Droids forum to keep update. Yes it does sound too good to be true, since it's 800.00 shipped saying if anyone buys it from SS it will already costs more than 800.00 shipped. :gah: I will keep you all updated. I'm really wishing that I'm going to not get scam again on this one. Seriously if I lose this one. I'm really going to decide if it's really worth all the many headaches collecting statues. It's not just these scams, but all the claims going on from broken statues, SS not replacing certain broken statues, etc ...........

Yes must be paid in full, I know I'm an idiot for doing this. I asked him how about 200.00 first and the rest when it comes out. He said no way, because he needs the money to buy so ething else now, the reg version, then he wasn't so sure? It was when I trusted people. I had colossus ex and this one both locked in. So I thought it's all done and paid for. So now I just sit back and relax waiting to collect, and wow was I wrong. That seller scam me good for colossus. I hope this one pulls through. After this one I'm done with buying preorders off eBay. I agree with you it's really not worth the risk. Now I'm wondering again will I get this or is it another scam. I guess we shall find out in a few months time. :/ the good thing is I got it from the same seller a couple here did as well. It's the ewok seller. Please please pull through............:pray: :pray: :pray: I promise after this one I'm never doing that again.

Best to just wait for the item to come out. I don't care where you are from if you pay for something and its not in hand. Your asking for it. eBay, PayPal will not do anything to help you. Why should they. Really. If I walk in and order a Rib eye Stake, then I am told it will not be given to me for 1/9 months. I would be a fool to pay for it then.

Sorry, I have read a number of post of yours. I don't see you as getting scam. I just see you giving away money.

FYI just wait for the item to come out. Buying from SSC a head of time is one thing. Buying from Joe is another.

So I'm guessing money order is that bad huh? :slap I really hope this sale goes through, if not I'm going to consider quitting this hobby. That would be the last straw for me. I didn't buy this one after the first scam. They were both purchase before any scams. But now after my first scam, I would not have bought it since. It's too late to go back on this one now. I'm just praying that this will go through. :pray: I'm going to ask the guys on the Droids forum to keep update. Yes it does sound too good to be true, since it's 800.00 shipped saying if anyone buys it from SS it will already costs more than 800.00 shipped. :gah: I will keep you all updated. I'm really wishing that I'm going to not get scam again on this one. Seriously if I lose this one. I'm really going to decide if it's really worth all the many headaches collecting statues. It's not just these scams, but all the claims going on from broken statues, SS not replacing certain broken statues, etc ...........

Never pay by check, money order or cash. You have ZERO protection. I hope the guy is an honest seller but you are seriously making it way, way too easy for people to rip you off. When dealing with your hard earned money, you got to look out for yourself...protect what is yours. Also never do a preorder on eBay unless you are going to get the item well within the 45 day window to file a claim. But since you paid with a money order...I doubt eBay could even help you anyway.

I don't mean to sound rude, but you really need to use some common sense when making transactions with complete strangers. You seem to make these deals to save a few bucks - but in doing so are putting yourself at the mercy of the buyers. Not a good position to be in because these people know that if they do choose to rip you off, there is very little you can do about it.

Take this how you want to... But I don't really feel sorry for you. You are and have set yourself up to be rip off. I have (as with most) gotten great deals from time to time. But if the deal is to good watch your #ss. Back in 1996 when I was a admin for a ISP. I was the person who ran the newgroups for SoCalif. This person posted that he had 19 Wayne Gretzky Rookie (The great one, hockey). I seen the post before everyone else and I had email him. $20 to $30 each. I bought them all. I would not send him any money till I got them. I own 18 of them till this day. So deals can be had just take your time, watch your money and for the love of whatever God you believe in watch your money. I don't care how much money you have. It's not the hobby its the buyer. It just seem you get rip off more then most. This is why I buy mostly from SSC. At this time I only have one Statue with 2 on the way. Sure I pay more, but if there is a problem. I am not going to take it to the boards. I will email/call SSC and let them work it out with me.

Business side: If I was the seller and a item is going to cost me $800 and I have to pay shipping to me. An I sold it a head of time for $800 and I have to pay fee's and shipping. I would cancel it from SSC/eBay . Why would anyone knowing lose money. Now if I had it in hand, that is a different story.

Back