Anyone ever buy a statue off ebay at a great price?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wanderlai

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ive been watching ebay since May and Ive yet to see a really good deal be it BIN or auction on any Sideshow statues Im wanting to get. Nothing seems to sell for under market value so I suspect sellers are bidding up their own auctions. So is it possible to actually get a good deal on ebay?

You can if you look hard enough, and wait long enough. Seems like whever I am looking for something every one I see is set at a huge BIN price.

Oh yes I've backtrack at least 30 of them on eBay. Some are good deals and most are market price. Yes patience is the key!

I got my Gentle Giant Baby Doll (Japanese version) for $499, unopened and brand new. I scour Ebay at least twice a day for stuff I'm looking for, but I think that's the best "bargain" I've snagged lately.

Mine was the Droids ex set for 800.00 shipped. Just last week. It was a good find. Isn't the reg going for the same price?

I look several times a day and at night since I have a night job, but I just dont see any good deals. I would think not every auction would end at or above market value but thats what I see time and time again. Granted I only look for SS EX stuff.

I look several times a day and at night since I have a night job, but I just dont see any good deals. I would think not every auction would end at or above market value but thats what I see time and time again. Granted I only look for SS EX stuff.

Yeah I used to do that too. Now I have most what I need so I only check 2 to 3 times a day now. I used to check 20 times a day when I started. :monkey1 yes even more so...........

Mine was the Droids ex set for 800.00 shipped. Just last week. It was a good find. Isn't the reg going for the same price?

Was that a BIN price? Seems like the seller would loose money after shipping it. Droids EX was $775 plus shipping then then the seller has to ship it to you, so thats well over $800.

I hope that was a reliable seller so you dont get scammed again being that itll be >45 days till the Droids are ready.

i got my exclusive neytiri polystone new for $270! wich i was very proud of but that was like 2 years ago, havent seen anything like that since so maybe i just got lucky.

i got the life size salacious crumb a little over a year ago for 400 shipped and that was through bidding not BIN but when he arrived the guy packed his tail on the outside of the box so it was broken, i was very sad now i can't find one for a decent price.

Yeah seriously that's a great deal since there is a good chance you would pay more directly though sideshow after shipping. And yeah i hope it's legit since they won't be shipping for quite some time.

I've found better deals in forums than on ebay. GG Leia Slave for $100 shipped. GG Boba Fett for $125 shipped.

As far as ebay just save a search. You can set it to notify you via email when new listings are posted.

Tap'd from my Maxx

There's always going to be a seller somewhere who gets in a bind and has to let something go dirt cheap to ensure that it sells. I know I've had unexpected crap come up and have sold some stuff for a lot less just to get some fast cash.

You bought a preorder on eBay? That's dangerous. Did you pay for it? :cuckoo: :horror :thud:

Yes must be paid in full, I know I'm an idiot for doing this. I asked him how about 200.00 first and the rest when it comes out. He said no way, because he needs the money to buy so ething else now, the reg version, then he wasn't so sure? It was when I trusted people. I had colossus ex and this one both locked in. So I thought it's all done and paid for. So now I just sit back and relax waiting to collect, and wow was I wrong. That seller scam me good for colossus. I hope this one pulls through. After this one I'm done with buying preorders off eBay. I agree with you it's really not worth the risk. Now I'm wondering again will I get this or is it another scam. I guess we shall find out in a few months time. :/ the good thing is I got it from the same seller a couple here did as well. It's the ewok seller. Please please pull through............:pray: :pray: :pray: I promise after this one I'm never doing that again.

Yes must be paid in full, I know I'm an idiot for doing this. I asked him how about 200.00 first and the rest when it comes out. He said no way, because he needs the money to buy so ething else now, the reg version, then he wasn't so sure? It was when I trusted people. I had colossus ex and this one both locked in. So I thought it's all done and paid for. So now I just sit back and relax waiting to collect, and wow was I wrong. That seller scam me good for colossus. I hope this one pulls through. After this one I'm done with buying preorders off eBay. I agree with you it's really not worth the risk. Now I'm wondering again will I get this or is it another scam. I guess we shall find out in a few months time. :/ the good thing is I got it from the same seller a couple here did as well. It's the ewok seller. Please please pull through............:pray: :pray: :pray: I promise after this one I'm never doing that again.

All joking aside CBG but you are a complete ......... . I have no word to describe how one person would take such a risk in this. You do know that after 45 days you will lose your buyer protection right? If I where you, i would file a claim now before the 45 days expires and get your money back. You should have learn your lesson from the other eBay seller. Complete utterly fail on your part CBG. :slap Consider your money gone! That is why eBay does not allow preorders like this....just top many people scamming other buyers who are as gullible as you.

Last edited:
All joking aside CBG but you are a complete ......... . I have no word to describe how one person would take such a risk in this. You do know that after 45 days you will lose your buyer protection right? If I where you, i would file a claim now before the 45 days expires and get your money back. You should have learn your lesson from the other eBay seller. Complete utterly fail on your part CBG. :slap Consider your money gone! That is why eBay does not allow preorders like this....just top many people scamming other buyers who are as gullible as you.

Wait eBay does not allow preorders like this? I see so many of them on there. I had this the same time as colossus, otherwise I wouldn't do it. I didn't use paypal. I sent in a money order. Does that make any difference? :panic: crap! What to do!?!?! ........
On another note about the 45 days paypal/ eBay thing. Well I have a long story about that with another seller. I will explain when the thing is complete. It's another thing I learn that I will never do again.
Btw there's a few here who also bought the preorders from the same seller. At least 2 or 3 of them.

Back