Anyone else SICK TO DEATH of Sideshow's choices for statues?!?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, but I'm sick to death of constant complaining.

Have You been lurking for years before joining in last May or were you a member under a different account before? Eitherway, if you can't stand it, then maybe just stay away. People complaining about those who complain can be just as annoying, if not more so.

I'm fairly satisfied with the selection. We even got a Green Lantern remake and a nice Aquaman.

Have You been lurking for years before joining in last May or were you a member under a different account before? Eitherway, if you can't stand it, then maybe just stay away. People complaining about those who complain can be just as annoying, if not more so.

Chris-Pratt-Middle-Finger.gif

Sick to death? No

But as a collector that only has so much space and money the lack of a PF Robin and Nightwing is pretty frustrating. I think SSC generally knocks their statues out of the park but I haven't been able to swing for any since Batgirl. Robin and Nightwing would be day 1 PO's and I am starting to wonder f we will ever see them?

You can't please all the people. Sure there are choices I don't agree with, it's frustrating when pieces are teased and never come to fruition, I hate when lines dead end, I wonder why the hold up on characters like Flash. But on the other hand there are a ton of cool SS pieces in the collection.

Careful, bitching about Sideshow's lack of variety is a no-no around here. The punishment is usually being called names or being told to stop crying about it. However, 10 pages of people losing their **** over Rey's buck teeth is perfectly acceptable. You'll figure it out the longer you stick around.

Ditto hahaha

I've long said I wish sideshow would complete core member lineups. It's my biggest issue collecting from sideshow. I'm a HUGE X-MEN fan and that lineup is riddled with holes. I'm hoping that doesn't happen with their JL lineup. Complete the Big 7 and then they can add (or not) any other Leaguer they wish. However, I'm really hoping to see a classic Flash and Martian Manhunter PF. I know there are unlicensed custom versions of some of these characters but they are pretty expensive and I'm just not a big fan of the way they look usually. Sideshow abandons so many lineups and I personally find that frustrating as hell.

I think my signature banner kind of answers the question. But all they are doing is saving me money. I don't know how they are able to make multiples of many other characters yet not finish lines or release statues that they previously announced.

Lol well for this question it depends on what scale you like collecting. Seems like most of us are 1:4 and me included. So for some new characters DC wise this year we've had Black Canary, Huntress, Killer Croc and Bane all coming out. Those are the same ones over and over again. I'm sure there's been plenty more. They'll reveal a big one that they haven't done yet between now and comic con I'm sure. Don't worry 😁

You can't please all the people. Sure there are choices I don't agree with, it's frustrating when pieces are teased and never come to fruition, I hate when lines dead end, I wonder why the hold up on characters like Flash. But on the other hand there are a ton of cool SS pieces in the collection.

Sideshow has like 240 something things in various stages of production

60 Batman, 60 Harley, 50 Star Wars, 30 prints, 20 Joker, 10 COTD, 10 anything else (but probably mostly Deadpool and Hulk)

I like what Sideshow has been putting out lately but agree that generally they play it safe with repeat IP. In their defense, they are a company that has mouths to feed and although there is a demand for the not so main stream characters, I don't think there is a mass market demand for them. It is mainly the avid collectors looking to complete their collection which sometimes I am a victim of too. Solution for Sideshow would be to at least offer smaller releases of them. Do it. :pray:

Back