Anyone else Like captain america aou better then civil war cap?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't even use the BV base I bought a standard CW Cap base for my BV. Owning both figures BV is the superior figure, the weathered outfit is subtle and brings a realism to the figure that the standard doesn't have. My only gripe is I wish HT would have left off the Avengers logo on the shoulders as I don't alter my figs and would prefer them not being there

Geeze, is it so difficult to tell? Bottom, shiner, better paint, AoU

Yeah it was Geezeguy, that's why I asked. I find the CW shield look to be much improved, I really appreciate the blackline detailing and the "steel" looks more on point to me. Shiny doesn't always mean better -- to each their own though.

I gotta say Geezeguy, there's no need to go geezing on people when they ask you a friendly question. You might geeze on the wrong dude and accidentally get geeze all over yourself. Like everywhere.

in what world is the bottom shield shinier??

The top is clearly shinier with more visible reflection from the silver.

Never was a big fan of the AOU Cap. The boots and gloves are kind of an ugly design. The pants are too baggy. Colors just a tad too bright. And I hated the magnetic shield. Loses that classic quality. The CW suit keeps all the great parts but fixes all the issues, so I much preferred that one.

Yeah it was Geezeguy, that's why I asked. I find the CW shield look to be much improved, I really appreciate the blackline detailing and the "steel" looks more on point to me. Shiny doesn't always mean better -- to each their own though.

I gotta say Geezeguy, there's no need to go geezing on people when they ask you a friendly question. You might geeze on the wrong dude and accidentally get geeze all over yourself. Like everywhere.

:rotfl :hi5: Well said and civil war cap is such a better designed suit, shield, and figure.

Threads like these usually end up heated.

Either don't start opinion threads like these or let's all act like decent human beings and respect each other's opinion.

With that said, I seriously fail to see the point of this thread. If you like the figure, then you like it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
:rotfl :hi5: Well said and civil war cap is such a better designed suit, shield, and figure.

Because I waited so eagerly for cw cap thinking that almost every time hot toys does a new version it is usu ally soo much better "have u seen new war machine mk1 wow" and I was simply shocked that I like the older one a little more "especially with angry face cw head on aou" and basically I was asking other collectors if anyone felt the same??

I don't know about you but I don't usually find lots of people in my life that give a **** about my dorky toy collecting....so I am forced to find other like minded dorks to ask my dorky questions to lmao.

This us usumy nit a big topic with the ladies if ya know what I mean lmao.

Glad I could share my personal motivation for seeking others approval with ya though hahah

Lol just caught up with this thread and got a good chuckle out of the AoU shield looking much better than the CW one, followed by the subsequent "geeze" commentary. I try to see things from the perspective of different eyes but I'm gonna go ahead and say the CW shield is better by a mile unless you just hate the straps (though he was specifically talking about paint). Either way it's just my opinion. I hope I don't get geezed on. And hopefully it's okay for me to comment even though I don't have either figure...

Lol just caught up with this thread and got a good chuckle out of the AoU shield looking much better than the CW one, followed by the subsequent "geeze" commentary. I try to see things from the perspective of different eyes but I'm gonna go ahead and say the CW shield is better by a mile unless you just hate the straps (though he was specifically talking about paint). Either way it's just my opinion. I hope I don't get geezed on. And hopefully it's okay for me to comment even though I don't have either figure...

Your comments are appreciated brotha, thats the whole idea lol. I am stoked so many people have drummed in as I am starting to look a little harder at CW cap as far as the shield and such. I didnt even pay any attention to that as the straps and no magnet just kind of bummed me out so I didnt even consider the paint job as they both look pretty similar to me upon initial inspection. And I do like that the pants arent up so high as well. But I still have a totally easier time posing aou.

Back