Anyone else Like captain america aou better then civil war cap?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*Than ha

Having both, CW Cap is much improved... The proportions are better, the colors are superior. I can actually pose it without the boots and knee pads looking horrible. Even in a museum pose, the knee pads on AOU Cap tend to point inward.

And even though AOU has the magnetic shield, they decided to put the magnets on the c-grip open hands which looked so ridiculous to me that I bought tiny magnets to put on the back of his closed fists. I actually like the classic straps on the shield with CW Cap... he just looks more natural holding it.

I currently still have my AOU cap with the Rogers head and shield on his back, holding his helmet in a museum pose (he might not be long for my collection). CW Cap with that angry sculpt and improved pose-ability just looks so sick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think like most here, when I got AOU cap I thought there was no way they were gunna top it. AOU's proportions are head and shoulders above Stealth suit or any of its predecessors. When I got CW cap though I was blown away by how much better not only the body proportions were, but the articulation! The figure really is beautifully tailored. The shield also features one of the best "clean" paint apps of the shield so far.

I'm still somewhat undecided in the grimace faceplate.:slap

Own both [does everyone commenting here own both? Guessing no] but I think CW is much better.

Classic look. No goofy knee pads. Faceplates [love having some character to the figure]. Articulation.

Hands down winner.

I own both and would sell CW before AoU Cap but overall CW is the better figure.

*Than ha

Having both, CW Cap is much improved... The proportions are better, the colors are superior. I can actually pose it without the boots and knee pads looking horrible. Even in a museum pose, the knee pads on AOU Cap tend to point inward.

And even though AOU has the magnetic shield, they decided to put the magnets on the c-grip open hands which looked so ridiculous to me that I bought tiny magnets to put on the back of his closed fists. I actually like the classic straps on the shield with CW Cap... he just looks more natural holding it.

I currently still have my AOU cap with the Rogers head and shield on his back, holding his helmet in a museum pose (he might not be long for my collection). CW Cap with that angry sculpt and improved pose-ability just looks so sick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:wink1:
IMG_2173.JPG

I think CW Cap is the best CA figure ever produced. Definitely a step forward, as we should expect based upon the passage of time, from AOU Cap!

The only cap I'm getting is the civil war version.. The mark 46 is going to need an enemy, so, that's cap.

It's a shame to hear about the shield. I wonder why they did that. I also think the age of ultron head sculpt looks better (well, in the prototype photos.. I haven't seen the production versions side by side.

I am pretty sure it is the same headsculpt on both minus the angry face add on lol. Thats just his sexual frusteration for Bucky coming through. Gritting his teeth trying so hard to be straight lmfao.

"Not for me, articulation is king in my book, so it's CW Cap all day." and I think AOU is totally more posable then CW cap because the new suit is so tight like strike suit cap where it is hard to move him around much as the suit is so restrictvie

I like the color scheme of the AOU figure better. It not as muted as the CW version and the white on the sleeves matches the original comic look better. Having said that, the articulation on the CW is much better, but for as much as these things cost, I'll just stick with AOU.

Read a few responses before posting this. AoU Cap and CW BV Cap In my opinion are about on par with each other. Both have their strengths and weaknesses but instead of going down the AoU road since it's been discussed to death 💀, I'm actually going to focus on the regular CW Crap 💩 oh sorry, I mean Cap.

Aside from the ridiculous straps for the shield, the shield itself is absolutely THE WORST painted diecast Cap shield HT has released so far. Yes, the stupid back material on his outfit sucks too but it actually does help articulation even if it doesn't exactly look great. Another positive is the shorter gloves that do help make for more convincing punch poses and the like. But really? The regular version is just the first Cap fight with Crossbones and I'm so surprised that HT left the Avengers A on the BV version (took them off day 1).

I'm sorry for anyone who is loving their Regular CW Cap but I just think it's basically just one small step above the SSS Cap. Other issues I have with the regular CW version is the head and separate neck. Maybe I missed that in the promo pictures but I'm not, and have never been, a fan of the separate neck and head (last Cap that used this was GA Cap). Now there's a definite possibility that with the interchangeable mouth pieces, they had to use the separate neck but I feel a little more R&D and they could have kept it a solid piece.

Definitely glad I was able to pickup both of these (x2) as I knew modifications were going to be needed for me to actually display the figures the way I felt was not just consistent with the film but also with my vision of my ultimate CW displays. As soon as I received my regular CW Caps, I immediately swapped out the gritting teeth mouth, head and neck for my BV Cap. Thankfully, the pose I chose for my BV Cap (holding his shield to block IM repulsors) hides most of the neck to head seam but neither are really as stunning (all around) as AoU Cap In my opinion. Anyways enough rambling, here's a few side by side shots of the 2 CW Caps.

Last picture shows the difference between regular CW Cap shield and In my opinion, the best shield so far, AoU Cap shield.

Attachments

• IMG_2130.jpg
    IMG_2130.jpg
    264.7 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_2131.jpg
    IMG_2131.jpg
    257.3 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_2132.jpg
    IMG_2132.jpg
    317.5 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_2135.JPG
    IMG_2135.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 86
I currently have CW Cap displayed in a museum pose without the angry faceplate and will probably not display him with the angry plate any time soon, but the fact that it is included and I have this option definitely sets it apart from any other Cap figure!

I currently have CW Cap displayed in a museum pose without the angry faceplate and will probably not display him with the angry plate any time soon, but the fact that it is included and I have this option definitely sets it apart from any other Cap figure!

HT knew they should have included them with the BV which allowed them to sell 2 almost identical figures

HT knew they should have included them with the BV which allowed them to sell 2 almost identical figures

I was moments away from pre-ordering BV way back when and literally slammed on the brakes when I realized that it did not include the additional face plate...I had to double check and then check again because I could not accept that an "exclusive" version did not include such an exclusive feature. I thought it would be a given! If I had completed that transaction I would have felt baited and switched. Not to say that there is anything wrong with BV and its exclusive features but for me it's all about the figure itself versus bases or extra props or weapons.

I was moments away from pre-ordering BV way back when and literally slammed on the brakes when I realized that it did not include the additional face plate...I had to double check and then check again because I could not accept that an "exclusive" version did not include such an exclusive feature. I thought it would be a given! If I had completed that transaction I would have felt baited and switched. Not to say that there is anything wrong with BV and its exclusive features but for me it's all about the figure itself versus bases or extra props or weapons.

Ok, granted and I agree. The base really doesn't mean much to me except that it keeps Cap on the same level as Mk. 45 but the BV doesn't just bring a base, it brings a MUCH more realistic weathered outfit and the BP Claw marks along with the paint scheme on the shield, In my opinion, make the BV the superior version.

Back