Hot Toys Captain America Stealth Strike Suit problem.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dollmanron

Super Freak
Reaction score
I bought the Hot Toys Captain America Stealth Strike Suit and Steve Rogers set and after having it for years I discovered that the collar on my Stealth Strike Suit Cap has stained the neck blue. I wrapped the neck with plastic to keep it from getting worse but I'd like to know if anyone else has had this problem. And if so, what can I do to get the stain off without messing up the paint job on the neck?

I bought the Hot Toys Captain America Stealth Strike Suit and Steve Rogers set and after having it for years I discovered that the collar on my Stealth Strike Suit Cap has stained the neck blue. I wrapped the neck with plastic to keep it from getting worse but I'd like to know if anyone else has had this problem. And if so, what can I do to get the stain off without messing up the paint job on the neck?

Hmm, just checked mine, yep, stained on one side at the back of the neck and side. *Shrug* My Winter Soldier bodies are all stained from the cheap dyes HT uses, wouldn't be surprised if my Caps are all stained too. If it doesn't show I don't worry about it re too much potential damage trying to get stains out.

U can check Starlord thread or:
https://www.howtocleanstuff.net/how-to-remove-ink-stains-from-plastic/

No idea how much paint would be affect while getting stain out. For me I'd probably try Oxyclean or nail polish remover on a Qtip first - something mild. Also dye remover.

I didn't even think about my Winter Soldier. I just got though looking at his neck and it's stained too. I'm glad the neck isn't moveable so it's doesn't show. Nothing to do about it now, but thanks for letting me know that one.

In the stealth cap thread this is mentioned a few times. Mine was pretty bad out of the box. I did try magic eraser but that started removing plastic so i stopped. Maybe a knockoff head/neck would be a better option.

Yeah its a known problem. Afaik nothing will remove the stain. I always wrap the necks of all my figures in plastic if it contacts the suit

Since this is the internet, pics or the staining never happened!

Any excuse to screw around with my figs...

HotToys_Steve_Bucky_stained.jpg

Yeah, stains:(. Heck of shock first time I stripped a fig - tho Cap is a surprise. The dyes HT uses must be absolute ****:(. Here un-modded TWS Cap neck stained at base; TWS Bucky original body stained from fatsuit.

On a positive note tho - since I was messin' with my collection - happy to see TWS figs are holding up well w. joints, costumes, etc. *Sourly* Bucky kitbash outfit I think is from Soldier Story. Great stitching and quality. As in CLOTH.

E.g. am still miffed at HT stuffing IW Cap into a plastic-like material that had nothing to do with the film costume:google. (BTW Bucky isn't displayed like this:cool: - just messin' around. Personally don't think most soldiers run around the woods shirtless, re getting cut up and yah know, ticks...and I'd put more weapons on him too.:monkey3)

CLOTH. FABRIC. Even if HT uses cheap dyes. Re the original post - personally unless it shows I don't do anything about it. Honestly I'm more concerned right now of HT cutting corners and putting out new figs that won't hold up as well as these older figs - based on what seems to be "softer" sculpts coming out for some figs.:dunno

I’ve noticed this happens mostly when figures are stored in their boxes without any plastic separating the clothes from the neck/hands/etc. In my experience it’s often been used eBay purchases, probably where the seller had once displayed the figure and then eventually moved it back to its box and kept it in storage without its original plastic protection for who knows how long before selling. I think the figures are probably heating up or getting too humid inside the clam shells and that is what causes the staining in many cases. It could also be happening during shipping too, as I can imagine that a typical package might get exposed to some pretty extreme temperatures in transit. Anyway, I’ve yet to have a figure stain anywhere that I purchased new and have kept out on display but again see it all the time with second-hand figures. I did have the staining issue right out the box with my first Star-Lord v2 figure that I was able to get exchanged, but none of those came with any plastic protection between the coat and neck to begin with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hmm, great...now this thread's got me concerned since all my figures are boxed up...gonna need to go through them if I have time to wrap up some necks.

Hot Toys seem to keep better out of the boxes and displayed. Shut up in the box heats up the figure which isnt good for them

Hot Toys seem to keep better out of the boxes and displayed. Shut up in the box heats up the figure which isnt good for them

Well, for sure my Stealth Cap was new - might have been stored a while but got the Cap set new from BBTS. I stripped new CW Buckys and they already had stained torsos. I think HT uses either oversaturated dyes, cheap dyes, or isn't fixing the dyes so they don't bleed. I don't store my figs except spare parts. Re the padded undersuits a cold water rinse with vinegar solution might help fix the dye.

If my new Hela starts getting marks definitely will be unhappy.

Back