Anyone else having problems with Direct Collectables?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone tried contacting the domain registrant?

I haven't got anything on order with them, but I used to deal with fraud at the company I worked at a few years ago and 95% of the time we were trying to track down details an individual registrant on a domain was a dead giveaway as being the site owner, or at least a personal friend who may have contact details, as it'd be unlikely to be someone registering domains as a small business.

Dan

Last edited by a moderator:
They went all OSB ages ago, surprised it's taken people this long to realise.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried contacting the domain registrant? [u

I haven't got anything on order with them, but I used to deal with fraud at the company I worked at a few years ago and 95% of the time we were trying to track down details an individual registrant on a domain was a dead giveaway as being the site owner, or at least a personal friend who may have contact details, as it'd be unlikely to be someone registering domains as a small business.

Dan

Interesting, well im just finishing a formal letter to them so ill send to the this address as well as the other rather ominous one... Its a last ditch effort that i am not expecting a response from but at least id have done everything possible on my end. I sent a load of facebook messages and spammed the twitter but its seems like as of the 20th May they just ceased all communication. Ill keep people posted and this is a general shout out for people to avoid this seller.

Okay it seems a chap on twitter had been invoiced in April for the remaining cost of his Delorean from Direct Collectables, just waiting to hear if he ever recieved his but it seems a few others on there are experiencing the same issue and it also looks like the account directcollect1 has been removed?!?

Has anyone tried contacting the domain registrant?

Dan

Even more interesting is that the address for Mr Simon Hunt doesn't collate with the electoral register... This smells all shades of foul...

Anyways, some good news... it turns out that this chap received his Delorean on the 25th May so perhaps not all is dead yet!

So I tried to send a message to DC on Facebook to find that 'this person isn't receiving messages from you at the moment' which apparently suggests I've either been blocked by them, or Facebook thinks I'm spamming them. To be fair I have messaged a few times in the last months with no response. Oh well! Happy to see that someone at least has received something from them. 25th May was a while ago though, roughly around the time they stopped communicating.

Pray tell what the giveaway was. I would be interested to know how you knew they went dodgy ages ago..?
When you take my cash and can't deliver an item, lying about when you're receiving stock and then *gasp* lie about selling my order by accident, and having to order another one especially for me, (which never arrives, forcing a Paypal dispute), you are a piece of s*** .

This was 5 months ago.

When you take my cash and can't deliver an item, lying about when you're receiving stock and then *gasp* lie about selling my order by accident, and having to order another one especially for me, (which never arrives, forcing a Paypal dispute), you are a piece of s*** .

This was 5 months ago.

Sorry to hear that sky_captain, Sounds like you are absolutely right they have been a bit dodgy for a while. Doh! Why can't people just be genuine and deliver what customers pay for? is that too much to ask! lol

So today i am sending a letter to 3 of the addresses found for the registrant and direct collectables... basically i'm giving it 10 days before pushing forward with trade standards, this is on the advice of the citizens advice bureau. I would recommend to anyone else who has had problems and tried every avenue of communication to do the same. There have been others on Facebook and Twitter who are in the same situation so ill relay it to them.

There's been plenty of discussion about these guys in Facebook groups. Seems they been acting suspiciously for around a year. Taking lots of orders but only coming through with a couple on each figure, those who don't receive tend to get the silent treatment. With the fact that they have used a name so close to a very reputable company ( Collectables Direct ) it sounds like a planned scam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's been plenty of discussion about these guys in Facebook groups. Seems they been acting suspiciously for around a year. Taking lots of orders but only coming through with a couple on each figure, those who don't receive tend to get the silent treatment. With the fact that they have used a name so close to a very reputable company ( Collectables Direct ) it sounds like a planned scam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could you link or name some of the groups, need more ammo for the inevitable next step if you get my drift.

I think it's fair to say, what ever money you put in with them is lost. I've lodged a pay pal dispute. So far, nothing.

I think it's fair to say, what ever money you put in with them is lost. I've lodged a pay pal dispute. So far, nothing.

When did you order/preorder it... A couple of us have tried recouping money through paypal but due to the 180 day policy they have they just reject any disputes in favour of the seller.

So today i am sending a letter to 3 of the addresses found for the registrant and direct collectables... basically i'm giving it 10 days before pushing forward with trade standards, this is on the advice of the citizens advice bureau. I would recommend to anyone else who has had problems and tried every avenue of communication to do the same. There have been others on Facebook and Twitter who are in the same situation so ill relay it to them.

Hi pocoster, would you mind sharing the 3 addresses you used please? I'm going to send some letters myself to start my claim against them.

Thanks

Hi tenaciousb, sure i sent them to the ones on this thread.

private address deleted

The first one was from https://www.uksmallbusinessdirectory.co.uk/listing/177904/... I can confirm that this is a non address so DONT post to this address! This was stated by Royal Mail.

The second is the address that the site is registered to. I am still awaiting a second delivery of this letter after it was lost in the post (expected tomorrow latest).

The third is from the electoral register and i believe is the owners family home due to multiple people living at the same address including Simon, else two Simon Hunts live only a couple of doors away from each other and one isn't on the electoral register (unlikely). Or of course the wrong address was given for the website registration? (likely lol)

Either way the ****** letter arrived and was signed for by a R Hunt which i have evidence of and in it i have given them 10 days to respond before i have enough evidence to push forward a bit more with trade standards.

Anyway, i recommend sending to both addresses just to be sure but it seems 25 is the magic number.

Hope this helps and ill keep you updated on where things stand at my end.

Hey all, just to let you know that today i received a full refund from Direct Collectables. I don't know if anyone else has also heard from them or received the same but if not then i'd get on to them about it. Now sourced my item from elsewhere so soon ill finally receive the damn thing after what is almost a 3 year wait. Thanks to all who helped and good luck to those still waiting.

With Pocoster receiving a refund it shows there is someone there and responding... fingers crossed I get a refund soon too. Hope no one has made recent orders with them as the site still seems to be active.

Hi all. Just to say that I got my full refund through into paypal last month. I missed it when it came in. No reason or apology given, but hey I guess its none of my business. I'm just happy to have got my refund. Seems that someone is there after all, if not fulfilling orders then at least refunding money. Best of luck to everyone else still waiting for something from these guys.

Cheers,

JR.

Back