Anyone else have every figure they want?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah. There could conceivably be any number of hypothetical figures that could be made that'd pull me back in. I may never be done with this completely.

Agreed. I thought I quit in 2006. And then I thought I quit with the end of the HT Nolan figures I decided to limit myself to. Right now I'm mapping out a display cabinet with 10 shelves behind glass doors and a huge empty spot that housed old school TVs. I'm telling myself once it's full, I'm done. But we all know how THAT goes. I think if anything I will tell myself if it doesn't fit, you have to sell something old to make room and not get any more display space. Is the new stuff that looks appealing worth getting rid of the old things? I'll make my decisions on new stuff then. I'm being very meticulous over my current set up though and it includes things I collected as a kid, things I've always dreamed of owning as a kid, and some things that are new and just being released today.

I am nearly done with high end stuff like HT and SSC though. I just want a Ra's al Ghul from BB. There's some customs and bootlegs out there that I'm eyeing up, but they're not in my budget. One day I'd like to own him and then I'll call it quits on high end 1/6 stuff and devote my attention fully to TOYS and cheap-o action figures that I don't have to rearrange my budgets to buy.

Similarly with myself, I'm trying to have only childhood favourites inform what I buy now as an adult. Cutting out the impulse purchases driven by other people's hype etc etc

So although I may still be doing this years in the future at least I won't be financially crippled by it, the hobby won't own me as it has in the very recent past.

There's a couple that I want that will probably never be made: a new HT quality Six Million Dollar Man, and David Lynch Dune figures.

That's funny, because that's pretty much my list: Lee Majors as Col. Steve Austin and Kyle MacLachlan as Paul Atreides in a stillsuit. Maybe James Purefoy as Solomon Kane.

As long as there's Star Wars stuff to collect I dont see myself stopping. I love that universe so much that I'll almost buy anything (never Jar Jar... I refuse to put that thing in my collection... ever...) SSC is going to make me poor once the McQuarrie stuff is out.

I started collecting last year, and as you know, there is a huge selection of figures to choose from. Ended up buying everything I wanted and have no real desire to buy anymore(other than ht robocop).
I still feel like a collector, but until some new fig comes out I have to have, I've kind of lost my interest in this hobby.

Anyone else like this? Maybe it's a patience issue, idk

I've cut back, only when something really grabs me will I get it. I think many buy figures out of habit rather than desire.

I don't tend to get multiples of the same character and with HT that's pretty much all they do.

I thought I had everything I would need after I bought the hot toys tech noir T-800, I figured how could it get better than this, however they just seem to keep making stuff I want, its like a never ending cycle of awesomeness:yess:

I've gotten rid of almost everything.

At this point I only want a few oddities that will stand out from everything and each other.

1/3 Blitzway Bruce Lee GoD statue
1/2 Sideshow Indiana Jones Legendary Scale statue (previewed 2 years ago, release the pre-order already!)
1/4 Sideshow Conan Rage of the Undying
1/6 Big Chief Studio's Sherlock 'limited signature edition numbered pairs' (Sherlock + Watson)

....wow...that is a bizarre eclectic mix of licenses and sizes! :D

PR6.gif

Back