Anyone else get their Hot Toys Pedators yet?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

x-Mcfreak

Freaked Out
Reaction score
After seeng all te pics on the net for the past several months, I thought I would not be impressed. I was dead wrong.:chew Got mine yesterday from Sideshow. Scar is absolutely amazing. Putting it together was a pain in the dirt box, though. You must have an hour or 2 to kill and a whole lot of patience.Once assembled it is absolutely beutiful. The Dreds on mine are fine, you just have to play with them a little.They do not get in the way of the cannon.

If the fine folks at Fireside ever decide to ship mine, I should be getting them 3-5 days after that... :angrycanu

x-Mcfreak said:
After seeng all te pics on the net for the past several months, I thought I would not be impressed. I was dead wrong.:chew Got mine yesterday from Sideshow. Scar is absolutely amazing. Putting it together was a pain in the dirt box, though. You must have an hour or 2 to kill and a whole lot of patience.Once assembled it is absolutely beutiful. The Dreds on mine are fine, you just have to play with them a little.They do not get in the way of the cannon.

What specifically was so hard about assembling it? Does it come with instructions (and in English)?

I'm asking because I have the Hot Toys Robocop on pre-order, and I'd like to know what kind of a headache I may be in for.

Sith Lord 0498 said:
What specifically was so hard about assembling it? Does it come with instructions (and in English)?

I'm asking because I have the Hot Toys Robocop on pre-order, and I'd like to know what kind of a headache I may be in for.

Its not hard...not at all..its just time consuming...If you rush you may break something.I actually had alot of fun putting mine together.So I wouldn't really worry about it.

Really the only difficulty is getting the bodystocking on. That's what took me the longest. The rest is cake.

Cool. So it sounds like Robocop won't be a major headache...just a trial of patience then.

Gee...good thing I'm collecting Sideshow's 12 inch SW line. That'll make anyone look like a saint of patience!! :D

Seriously, thanks for the responses. Appreciate it.

wasn't that it was difficult, but it did require alot of patience. Attatching the head and body net were my 2 issues.

Mine was delievered on Friday, and I finally got around to attempting to assemble it today .. But, when I opened the box, I found that the piece that connects to lower right leg to the upper leg was not staying connected, and there is something rattling around inside the leg. Seems like a peg is broken .. What does SSC do in situations like this?

Darklord Dave said:
Really the only difficulty is getting the bodystocking on. That's what took me the longest. The rest is cake.

Yep. That netting was really tight on mine. It took me almost an hour just to keep easing it up to get it over his shoulders. I haven't even started the armor or head yet.

ZombieReign said:
Mine was delievered on Friday, and I finally got around to attempting to assemble it today .. But, when I opened the box, I found that the piece that connects to lower right leg to the upper leg was not staying connected, and there is something rattling around inside the leg. Seems like a peg is broken .. What does SSC do in situations like this?

Sideshow has a complete satisfaction guarantee on all of their products. If you return it within 30 days, you can get a refund or replacement. If you buy it directly from them, you can return it for any reason. (A broken figure is a pretty good reason!) Just follow the instructions HERE. They'll treat you right!

I got my HT predators on Friday, and had a couple of hours throughout the weekend to put them together. I don't want to sound too nerdy, but I took things slowly to enjoy the experience. I used to love old Horizon vinyl kits, and I know this is a snap together job, but it sure was fun.

The paint job is outstanding, and the basic body for both scar and celtic are identical. They only differ in that scar has his scar on his forehead, natch. The body stockings are identical as well as the the "skirt" piece. The forearm gauntlets differ between the two, as well as the masks, and Scar has an additional armor piece that covers his abdomen.

They don't seem like toys as much as the SS stuff does, as it just seems like they are a little more fragile and less ready to handle wear and tear compared to figures I am used to.

The scale isn't an issue at all. These look amazing, especially next to other figures. The heads do not have the oversized look that some of the pictures suggest at all, and they look great with other figures. Sorry, no pics, as the girlfriend has the digital camera, and I haven't figured out how to get decent shots at this scale yet anyway. If you have a few bucks and like predator, these two toys are fantastic, but Scar is much closer to the iconic predator look that you would likely want!

Got my Celtic predator finally yesterday. Love him to death, but am afraid one shelf fall will wipe out any weapons he may be holding. Wow, they feel fragile! And I'm a clutz!

I got my Scar Predator from Mike over at Razors Edge Collectibles today! :wave
Simply amazing. every part of this figure is 100% original, although the body is based on the Hot Toys Basic body, it's much larger and has texture sculpted into the surface. I mentioned this since having poured over photos of the figure for several months, I never noticed any scaly texture, I thought it was just a larger body with a lot of paint.
The net body suit is really nice. The whole thing seems to have been specially woven together for these figures because there's no seams on the legs and arms of the suit, it's one whole piece!
Another thing I noticed was the claws in the gauntlets retract quite a ways in and extend out fully.
The head is slightly over sized but it's not so big as to be a disappointment. I have a theory that the bendy tentacles are the reason for this; the head is a soft vinyl to allow the tentacles to be pushed into the head, and that same softer vinyl that gave us larger heads on the Sideshow rooted hair heads is doing the same here with the Predators.

Assembly went fine. No real problems at all, nothing broke. But I did notice that the right arm on mine is looser then it should be and makes a squeaking noise when moved. It's also a little farther out then the right from the joint and appears to have a little excess glue at the joint. It gives me a bad feeling that it might be broke but it works fine, doesn't come apart at the joint, and holds it's pose. But it is giving me the willies that it might need to be replaced.

One tip I can give to people that isn't mentioned in the instructions is to put that scull necklace on after the armor is in place but before the head goes on.

Another thing, if anybody had a hard time putting the Preds together, they'll have a nightmare when putting together the Colonial Marines Hicks and Apone figures when they get them. Their upper torsos come unassembled and are much more difficult putting together then the Preds.

Last edited:
I have a question guys...

Once you put the predator kits together, what if you want to store them again? Will they fit back safely in the original box?

nash said:
I have a question guys...

Once you put the predator kits together, what if you want to store them again? Will they fit back safely in the original box?
Nope. You'd have to completely disassemble them and that's not an easy task. But if you remove the plastic inserts from the box, it might be possible. If you want to store these, you'd need a new larger box that can hold either a single figure or two of these guys.

I'll repeat my question incase it was missed, does anybody who has these figures have a loose shoulder joint on the right arm? If it's common place I'd just as well keep this guy and not try to get a replacement.

Back