Anyone else get their Hot Toys Pedators yet?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the head looks rather oversized in pics. how does it look in person?

nash said:

IMHO...I think they look perfect in person....With the armour and large shoulder plates and the shoulder cannon his head does not seem oversized at all to me.Everything fits into proportion to me...Some people still think the heads are to big, but to me they are just fine!

I just received both today from Mike at Razorsedge. So far I've only put Scar together, but these things are amazing!!!!! I'm so glad I picked these up, The quality is amazing and I think the wife was impressed with these. My daughter is fascinated and can't wait for me to get the Celtic together.

Well I got word that I can get a replacement, I have to send the whole figure back which meant disassembling the entire kit and repacking it.
I didn't have any problems disassembling the figure, the net body suit actually came off easier then when it went on. The head, arms, and lower legs didn't want to come off without a struggle though.
To more specifically answer Nash's question, you can disassemble most of the figure for storage but I don't recommend removing anything from the basic body (Head, hands, feet, legs, arms, net suit, etc..). They would be a pain to get back on the figure and repeated removal would cause wear and breakage. The package won't hold the figure unless you remove all those mentioned pieces so I can confirm that putting the figure back in the package as it came for storage is a no no.

I did discover that once the body suit came off the figure and a few turns of the shoulder the right arm fell off. That squeaking noise I was hearing was the screw that was just barely keeping the arm in place and allowing it to turn a bit. So it's broke and I need a replacement, It'll be going back to Mike tomorrow who will send it back to Sideshow.

thank you for that info screamingmetal! good luck on your replacement. I got a celtic on the way :).

nash said:
I've been thinking about this aspect since I got mine, and I now think it's a little of both (too large, just the right size). The face area seems to be just the right size, it's the back part of the head, from around the ears back that appears to be too large/high. Perhaps that was a compromise to get the bendy dreads into the head.
Another thing I didn't notice until I took mine apart was that the two upper mandibles are separate pieces glued nicely into place.

Finally after 2 weeks I got around to finishing SCAR. Tricky work, lots of pegs to juggle at once, but at last in my now famous kitchen...

Predatorforpostfull.jpg

PredatorforpostCU.jpg

He's just a monstrous piece. Me likey... :D

Wor-Gar said:
Finally after 2 weeks I got around to finishing SCAR. Tricky work, lots of pegs to juggle at once, but at last in my now famous kitchen...

He's just a monstrous piece. Me likey... :D

Man, you're killing me with those pics...

Celtic and Scar are already in Miami waiting to be shipped over here, can't wait to have them in hand.
HotToy's has quickly surpassed SST's SW line in excitement for me.

Back