Anybody take advantage of 20% off?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered the Sentinel diorama + Hot Toys Krauser last night, sweet price! Unfortunately, I haven't gotten an order email and it's not in my order history, I'll probably email them on Monday if it's not there yet. Either way, some solid deals in the clearance area.

Did you register as a member, or just do a simple checkout? If you dont create a username and password, it may be difficult to check your order history.

I hate to start un-needed panic, but its looking more and more like the company that handle's CSC's credit card info was hacked. Over on the Fwoosh message board many other people's credit card numbers have been stolen this week (mine among them). CSC being the only connection between us that had our cards stolen.

I'm not saying "don't order" but rather watch your credit card accounts for any charges you didn't do. If fact, even if you don't order just check your accounts since the credit card handler seemed to be hacked and not just CSC.

how do you check if your CC number was stolen off of CSC? Info please

You don't. You just check your cc and see if there are only false charges. We are only speculating CSC is one of the places hacked as we all had orders with them and they were the only store in common.

I know most dont like it. but I love it, just thought it was overpriced.
$420 sounded reasonable. Just means I'll be returning my broken Species maquette for a return rather than an exchange /...

You don't. You just check your cc and see if there are only false charges. We are only speculating CSC is one of the places hacked as we all had orders with them and they were the only store in common.

Thanks for the heads up. I bought a HT Dark Knight figure from them last month, so I thought I may be screwed. Fortunately, I paid through PayPal.

I know most dont like it. but I love it, just thought it was overpriced.
$420 sounded reasonable. Just means I'll be returning my broken Species maquette for a return rather than an exchange /...

I think it looks cool but didn't really have the funds so kind of glad it's sold out now.

I hate to start un-needed panic, but its looking more and more like the company that handle's CSC's credit card info was hacked. Over on the Fwoosh message board many other people's credit card numbers have been stolen this week (mine among them). CSC being the only connection between us that had our cards stolen.

I'm not saying "don't order" but rather watch your credit card accounts for any charges you didn't do. If fact, even if you don't order just check your accounts since the credit card handler seemed to be hacked and not just CSC.

Yeah, Thomas talks a little about it here:https://board.spawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=500551

Thanks for the info. I'll take a look at my statements to make sure their aren't any inconsistencies are happening on my cards.

Just as an FYI to everyone. If your card was stolen, the first charge made seems to be an iTunes one most of the time. Keep watch for that.

Really? Well that's just swell. I keep an accurate account of all my purchases made on any credit card or debit card, so I'll know, but I still don't want to be hassled.

Like I mentioned, looks like the cart system was a little dated. Not sure if that has anything to do with how "hackable" the site is, just an observation.

Over at spawn boards, Thomas noted the following:

Hey guys! We've been through the web logs and cannot find any breach. Nonetheless, we still went ahead and moved the entire order server and updated every password we've got. It's a valid concern and we do not take it lightly. We're super paranoid about this stuff.

Over at spawn boards, Thomas noted the following:

That's all well and good, but it looks like CSC itself was not the source of the breach. I looks like the company they use to handle their credit card transactions was hacked. CSC would not find any sign of it in their logs.

Did you register as a member, or just do a simple checkout? If you dont create a username and password, it may be difficult to check your order history.

Registered as a member. I still haven't gotten an update so I'll give them a call in a bit. Reading the rest of the thread, this is about the first time I'm glad I used Paypal (since I had some dough in my balance).

That's all well and good, but it looks like CSC itself was not the source of the breach. I looks like the company they use to handle their credit card transactions was hacked. CSC would not find any sign of it in their logs.

Fair enough. In that case, it wouldn't be their fault. But still doesn't help the situation of those with the stolen numbers. Curious, did you have your card saved on the CSC "billing info" page under your account settings?

Laffo, turns out my order wasn't recorded (despite them taking the money from my account) and the Sentinel statue sold out afterwards. Can't say I'm too happy about that. I'll try one more order with the 20% off, and if they screw that up, I'll avoid dealing with them.

So far so good. No odd transactions on my card. But I'm not letting my guard down just yet.

Back