Anybody have news on a DX Han Solo?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SS should just stick to premium format and let HT do all the 1/6 figures. They outclass them anyway. DX Luke is so much better than anything SS did (other than Vader) that its not even a competition any more.

Why would anyone want another SS Luke or Han when we all know HT's version would be immensely better?

SS should just stick to premium format and let HT do all the 1/6 figures. They outclass them anyway. DX Luke is so much better than anything SS did (other than Vader) that its not even a competition any more.

Why would anyone want another SS Luke or Han when we all know HT's version would be immensely better?

I agree with you that HT puts out superior figures hands down. The only problem with them doing all the figures are the supporting characters like bib fortuna, cantina band, nameless clones/ troopers, etc basically background and not primary characters would they be worth it for HT to do them...in my opinion no.

HT does great work but I am no were ready to shell out 180-300$ for 3 rd clone from the right or jabas dancer 4. SSC does a fine job on there figures and having HT do other than primary characters at this time is just money down the drain.

I agree with you that HT puts out superior figures hands down. The only problem with them doing all the figures are the supporting characters like bib fortuna, cantina band, nameless clones/ troopers, etc basically background and not primary characters would they be worth it for HT to do them...in my opinion no.

HT does great work but I am no were ready to shell out 180-300$ for 3 rd clone from the right or jabas dancer 4. SSC does a fine job on there figures and having HT do other than primary characters at this time is just money down the drain.

At this point, I wouldn't mind seeing SSC stay in PT and troopers. Let HT handle the grail OT characters, heck I would love to see HT do a Vader and RotJ Fett in addition to the heros.

After Bespin Luke, its so hard not to be excited with the thought of Hot Toys staying in OT for awhile. I think the only thing in PT that would make me cry tears of joy would be an announcement that SS handed off Grievous to Hot Toys to do. :clap

SSC Clone and Alien characters are very good and much more reflective of value. Like whats been said many time HT should stick to the primary human characters where their sculpting and paint apps is more suited.

At this point i just can't warrant HT price for a secondary or background character nor a generic characters such as clones and stormtroopers.

I think the only thing in PT that would make me cry tears of joy would be an announcement that SS handed off Grievous to Hot Toys to do. :clap

I dont give a **** who makes Grievous I just want to atleast see some pictures of what they have been working on or them to just flat out tell us they have been lying about making Grievous just to crush our dreams :(

At this point, I wouldn't mind seeing SSC stay in PT and troopers.

Dunno about that. SSC have done an awesome job on all Aliens also.
Hammerhead and Greedo are two of my absolute favourites in my collection, including my Hot Toys figures.

SSC just can't get the humans right, Old Ben, The Obi's and Lando are fantastic but not many others cut it anymore.....

When it comes to HT they are superb on sculpts, however SSC does armored figures right. Now if SSC & HT would stop being babies, we'd get a merge figure. If it wasn't for HT who pulled off the Commander Cody Helmet we'd still be waiting for him. Way I see it, HT should have control of portrait sculpts and SSC on clothing and etc. However... HT makes real shoes instead of molded on some products.. So... :dunno It's a endless debacle till the companys merge... Now as a product which this topic was about, we've had SSC Hans and now Enterbay/Medicom Han just released. And one Anakin... I vote for Anakin... I'd drop $300 for one... A Han, just don't see it unless we get Han in Carbornite as a accessorie.

They designed it I believe, reason why ya see Hot Toys on bottom on package. Everything else ya see instantly says SSC since they made the clone armor. Most of the Commanders have Hot Toys Logo on bottom, Cody, Bly, Rex... You think SSC pulled off some of the new accesories? :p

They designed it I believe, reason why ya see Hot Toys on bottom on package. Everything else ya see instantly says SSC since they made the clone armor. Most of the Commanders have Hot Toys Logo on bottom, Cody, Bly, Rex... You think SSC pulled off some of the new accesories? :p

Constantly see people ask/say why the hot toys logo is on yhe box but I am pretty sure it is due to hot toys envolvment in the design of the armored body.

:slap

Um, yes. Only thing HT did was help develop the armor body, which is why their logo appears on all the clones from SSC. To hear some of you tell it, HT invented the wheel...

:lecture

No.

Hot Toys assisted with engineering the armored body (armature only), and that involvement ended when the first armored figures were released (Stormtrooper and General Kenobi).

Everything else on those and subsequent figures was Sideshow.

When it comes to HT they are superb on sculpts, however SSC does armored figures right.
Not entirely correct. SSC's Stormie armour sculpt is inaccurate from head to toe basically, & that's why I'm hoping at some point HT makes a Stormie / Sandie.

JKNO knows what I mean. :)

Exactly. It's information I need to know, therefore I've spared no expense ensuring that I have all the data necessary to form ironclad conclusions.

What, you don't? :dunno

Also...

ssc21383_12.jpg

vs.

Sandtrooper1.jpg

Really?

Yep - totally, thanks for posting that comparison actually. :lol

The SSC ones there may have the benefit of a lavish studio photo shoot, but the differences in sculpt accuracy speak volumes as the comp shows. ;)

In short, the proportions are all wrong on the SSC ones, while the Marmits look like the guys on film - home studio lighting, focus & exposure aside. :lol

Back