Any Vegetarians on This Board?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just as there is no need to eat tofu in lieu of eggs, there is no need to farm strictly for vegetarian consumption in lieu of cattle. There is no need because it is unnecessary to farm like the tools who have destroyed Africa's farmland. In 1901, James J. Hill (the greatest railroad builder ever) wrote a series of lectures on how the U.S. would be unable to sustain the population booms looming on the horizon if it permitted the independent farmers to continue destroying farmland one plot at a time. It was guaranteed that it would not be possible.

And here we are. Presumably, those practices ceased, and now large scale, vertically integrated farming has taken us to this point. Compare the populations of America in 1901 and now. Now consider how much of the rest of the world we feed.

Population booms are another problem. You mention railroads, which make me think of "Manifest Destiny", which I don't agree with.
We should not feed the rest of the world. Exchanging topsoil for money is a stupid thing to do. It's what Egypt did, and look what happened to it. Egypt used to have a lot of very fertile farmland, that they squandered using it to grow food for livestock, and to export grain, and now there is the Sahara Desert, where there was once the Sahara FOREST. It took Egypt thousands of years to do it, but do it, it did. We are on a similar path in the U.S.

And it would be insane for the sole reason that veganism is flat out not necessary. Nor for many is it in the least bit preferable. When we get right down to it, that is all that matters. Unless you intend to begin prescribing the values by which people live their lives, and have designs on converting those who do not share your tastes to tastes which you approve of. If that's the case, I'm reminded of one famous vegetarian in particular. But I'll keep that one to myself.

THAT vegetarian was only a vegetarian when he was a starving artist. When he came to power, he did indeed partake of meat.

Population booms are another problem. You mention railroads, which make me think of "Manifest Destiny", which I don't agree with.
We should not feed the rest of the world. Exchanging topsoil for money is a stupid thing to do. It's what Egypt did, and look what happened to it. Egypt used to have a lot of very fertile farmland, that they squandered using it to grow food for livestock, and to export grain, and now there is the Sahara Desert, where there was once the Sahara FOREST. It took Egypt thousands of years to do it, but do it, it did. We are on a similar path in the U.S.
Uh yea. I'm pretty sure stuff like that has more to do with planetary changes that we can do nothing about than mankind turning a forest into a desert.

as a new yorker i resent being called a rat. The city is not filthy. I have been to better and i have been to worse.

but then again, i just stood next to a guy on the subway who must have been tenderizing himself.

as a new yorker i resent being called a rat. The city is not filthy. I have been to better and i have been to worse.

I'm not saying that New Yorkers are rats. I'm saying that they are like rats in too small a cage. It leads to stress and crime. If you put just a few rats in a cage, they get along peacefully, but if you put in more, than they will become aggressive and fight the other rats. The same happens with people. New York City is way overcrowded and congested.

I'm not saying that New Yorkers are rats. I'm saying that they are like rats in too small a cage. It leads to stress and crime. If you put just a few rats in a cage, they get along peacefully, but if you put in more, than they will become aggressive and fight the other rats. The same happens with people. New York City is way overcrowded and congested.
The whole planet is getting that way. What do you suggest? Euthanasia?

Uh yea. I'm pretty sure stuff like that has more to do with planetary changes that we can do nothing about than mankind turning a forest into a desert.

No, that is incorrect. They chopped down the trees to make farmland upon which to grow feed for livestock, and to sell grain for export. Without the root structure of the trees, there was little to hold the soil together to prevent erosion, and the intensive farming of the land was directly responsible for topsoil loss, to the point at which it became desert. THEY chopped down the trees, which changed the climate of the area, by reducing the water retention of the land. The major cause was NOT climate change due to natural phenomenon. The Sahara Forest existed without special irrigation to maintain it, unlike their crop fields. The Egyptians destroyed their arable land with unsustainable farming practices. We are on the same path. https://www.powerattunements.com/article78.html

i get what your saying. i also enjoy the fact that everyone is so aggressive. I guess it comes down to the point of whatever works for one self. Different strokes for different folks

The whole planet is getting that way. What do you suggest? Euthanasia?

One natural born child for every woman until the population reduces is an excellent suggestion. My suggestion is to only allow tax breaks for 2 natural conceived pregnancies for every woman, or one natural conceived pregnancy if there is more than one child produced by the first pregnancy. That way, every woman who wants children will still be able to have two kids if she wants, if she has more than one child, like one child in the first pregnancy and two or more children in the second, they are all claimable as dependents for tax purposes. Some women will invariably have no children, which will invariably bring down the population, and for those people to whom Mother Nature, the Universe, or God thinks should have more than two children, there is the allowance for that too, by covering multiple children in the same pregnancy, as stated. No artificial insemination will be covered, and no fertility drug induced pregnancies will be covered. The effect of the human ego driving people to have children would be weakened, and more natural numbers will be restored in a very peaceful manner.

Some of you really love writing lots of words and I bet you love re-reading yourself all over again and again.

Big Words = Big nerds.

One natural born child for every woman until the population reduces is an excellent suggestion.

<Blah, blah, blah>

The effect of the human ego driving people to have children would be weakened, and more natural numbers will be restored in a very peaceful manner.

You can't be serious!!!! :horror

I am against genetic engineering on the one hand, but for forced procreation. :sick You speak of these wonderful diaper-less tribal groups, I wonder if they'll go for that one. :lol

You can't be serious!!!! :horror

I am against genetic engineering on the one hand, but for forced procreation. :sick You speak of these wonderful diaper-less tribal groups, I wonder if they'll go for that one. :lol

I never said forced procreation. You totally misread what I said. I said for women who WANT to have children. It's the best solution to the overpopulation problem that I have come up with. Can you think of a better one, that DOESN'T involve some sort of euthanasia?

Some of you really love writing lots of words and I bet you love re-reading yourself all over again and again.

Big Words = Big nerds.

That's because 90% of my blood flow isn't going to my pen.s most of the time, unlike some people. :lol

Last edited:

Big Words = Big nerds.

LOL That was funny. Not the big words = big nerds part, but the above part because it's so true.

Some people think they are interesting to themselves. Self fascination is funny. In a way, most of us are. :)

I mean that you are enforcing limits on procreation.

The enforcement would simply be the denial of tax deductions for too many children. If people can afford to have them, they still could, under my idea. Again, do you have a better idea?

Back