Any Sideshow customer service reps collecter's like us?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JC

Super Freak
Reaction score
Any Sideshow customer service reps collectors like us?

Hey guys, Well if you have had a good experience, you know how good and friendly Sideshow's customer service reps are...So I was wondering if any of you think or know if any of the reps are collectors like us? And if any of the reps are fellow collectors, cmon and speak out and join us on the freaks boards!...Where are you if your out there...

Last edited:
i always assumed the SS staff laughs at us behind our backs. "they're actually paying money for this stuff? BWHA HA HA HA HA HA!!!" as they laugh all the way to the bank.:lol

but there are some SS folks who post on this board. i dont think they are die hard collectors like us though.

From discussions with some of them I would say yes they are collectors. Some of the things that get done are based on the fact its something they want.

They should be, figure they would get the exclusive stuff before it comes out or at least when it comes out...thats a good perk of the job

That is not always true. While I can't speak for Sideshow, I can speak for the folks over at the now defunct Master Replicas. I was able to talk to a lot of the people over there while I was working freelance copywriting and all of them were collectors of some sort, large Star Wars following obviously but believe it or not a lot of other kinds of followings as well. Their photographer Gary was a huge Disney and Marvel fan, Amy, who is now over at eFX loved Disney as well. Every single one of the employees that I met had a collectible habit of some sort but they didn't get limited editions or signature editions or anything before it came out and they had to buy them if they wanted them. They got to know about what came out and what was coming obviously before anyone else but if they wanted it, they had to put the cash down and wait like everybody else. I'm gonna assume that things are the same over at SSC.

From discussions with some of them I would say yes they are collectors. Some of the things that get done are based on the fact its something they want.

Yeah, they're like us for the most part collecting stuff here and there.

Don't know the extent of their mania, but the few I've talked to are collectors as well. In fact, many of the pieces/lines get done because there is at least a couple of advocates for them within SS -- often within the sculpting group. In past, we've been told -- in person and on these boards --that employees also have to pay for pieces. (would think that they'd probably get a discount).

There's plenty of SS folks who read these boards and post. Unfortunately, if they identified themselves as SS members, they would be innundated with stuff from us. And let's face it, whatever they say could be misconstrued by us as "official" info regardless of if they were posting as just plain folks.

The "Man" behind Cinemaquette acutally commissions all of the production pieces from his own collection, or so he said.

"You're alone."

"What did you think...

That deep down, everyone else is as ugly as you."

Freak on!

Last edited:
kind of baffles me that the sculptor/artists have to actually pay for their own finished product. :lol

Back