Any real life pics of the Dr. Manhattan 1/6 figure out there yet?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Irish Jedi, I agree that it looks a lot better in person. Nice pics! Better than my stairwell pics!

That "six pack abs" hinge in his middle just drives me nuts. I can't buy any figure, any size with that kind of articulation. It just draws my eye to it way too much.

No need to hint. DC Direct and WB folks pretty much told me and others point-blank back at SDCC that Hot Toys was doing WATCHMEN figures. All we've been waiting on is THE official announcement.

And even if we didn't have those conversations, the fact that HT (who now has a very healthy relationship with DC) is producing four figures from a turd like THE SPIRIT would pretty much have clinched it anyway. :lol

I'm getting Rorshach. And thats about it for now, i'll pick the rest up in the future...but even then, i'll probably just get Ror, and Manhatten. Perhaps pick the rest up via the crappy DC-Direct stuff.

If there is different display options like Manhattan with suit and without I'll be getting two. :rock

With Hot Toys, I'd probably do that as well.

Also, same with The Comedian should they throw in an extra "younger" head without the mask. Hell, I might get 3 of him and bash a 1940 Minutemen Comedian.

I'm getting Rorshach. And thats about it for now, i'll pick the rest up in the future...but even then, i'll probably just get Ror, and Manhatten. Perhaps pick the rest up via the crappy DC-Direct stuff.

I wonder how HT does Rorschach's mask, I hope it's just sculpted and not fabric.

With HT, I could see Fabric for the realism but I could also see a sculpted masked head and then an unmasked headsculpt.

Yeah a fabric mask is definitely the way to go. I'm looking forward to a HT Rorschach, don't know if I'll be picking up anything else yet. I'd get a Nite Owl, but I don't like how the costume is changed in the movie.

dc_manhattan_04.jpg

Interesting that the symbol on the forehead looks slightly off. I saw one today in Forbidden Planet that was much worse - it was so offcentre that I would have been really peeved if I'd ordered it online. Maybe this is one that you need to choose in person.

Got my 2 Manhattans today and surprise, surprise I actually really like them! My wife hates them, called them "Art S. Bucks painted blue" and "Overpriced" and said I should have just waited until Hot Toys had theirs but you can never have too much blue.

DrManhattan001.jpg

DrManhattan002.jpg

DrManhattan003.jpg

DrManhattan004.jpg

DrManhattan005.jpg

DrManhattan006.jpg

DrManhattan007.jpg

Back