Any real life pics of the Dr. Manhattan 1/6 figure out there yet?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one coming too. I'm hoping if HT does him they step up and make it more interesting. Cast in translucent plastic with a light up feature would be cool - but very difficult to do so it looks right.

I got him. He looks a lot better in person to me. I had low expectations on the way to the shop, but I think he looks pretty good for the price.

P1181216.jpg

P1181223.jpg

P1181220.jpg

P1181224.jpg

WHHOOOAAAHHHH!!!!! PPAAAARRRTTYYYYYYY!!!!

P1181227.jpg

P1181228.jpg

P1181230.jpg

P1181229-1.jpg

P1181234.jpg

P1181237.jpg

Needs more black around the eyes. Easy fix.

And, again, it's only a $100+ figure if you don't know how to shop.

Also, I would personally have no problem at all with an "anatomically correct" Manhattan figure. It's funny how that freaks so many people out. You kids and your insecurities. lol

Looks really cheap....no way a $100 figure.

I didn't pay $100. :D

The clothes were higher quality than I'd expected. Not as good as the HT Joker though, obviously. I'm still happy with it for what it is though. It looks better than the DC Direct 1/6 Batman from TDK.

Looks like a $30 figure you could buy at walmart.

You could say that about any of the DC Direct 1:6 figures. But, eh... it's the first ever officially released WATCHMEN figure of any kind. I'd be getting it for that reason alone.

That said, I'm indeed looking more forward to their Busts, 7" figures and prop replicas than these. But I ordered one of everything through Joe. :monkey3

Looks like a $30 figure you could buy at walmart.

I wouldn't go that far. The shoes have individual tied laces that help the shoes to come on and off. The belt and tie are real (no snaps or anything). The layers of the clothes actually look pretty decent. As far as I'm concerned, a nude HT Predator figure doesn't look much better than this. The only difference are more noticeable joints and no extra paint because he is supposed to be smooth and blue.

Is it a $170 HT Joker? No. But I could understand the things it is missing that made it $75 and not $170. However, with that same logic, there are the upgrades I spoke of that makes the $75 over $30 "Wal Mart toy" justifiable.

I didn't pay $100. :D

The clothes were higher quality than I'd expected. Not as good as the HT Joker though, obviously. I'm still happy with it for what it is though. It looks better than the DC Direct 1/6 Batman from TDK.

The suit coat sleeves look like a bath robe, not well tailored at all.

Holy ^^^^, did all of the budget go into the suit? Is there ANY reason why this didn't come in, say, clear blue plastic with some added paint details? Or at least just the added paint details? For ^^^^'s sake, even the head barely has any colors...Talk about a cheap POS. I know it's not a Hot Toys product, but clear blue and/or painted details was something that they could have EASILY done.

Cool. Looks just like the proto.

Nice to see some Watchmen love in the DC section, for a change.

Got mine today, and I actually dig it. Looks much better in-hand than in any pics I've seen yet. I snapped some quick and dirty pics:

dc_manhattan_01.jpg

dc_manhattan_02.jpg

dc_manhattan_03.jpg

dc_manhattan_04.jpg

I fixed the black around the eyes (though I still have some tweaking to do). Makes a huge difference, imho, and even brings out some of the Crudup likeness. Good job, Mr. Bergholtz. :duff

Back