Any possible new T-1000 hot toys?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:horse

We know how great the MMS is. The problem is the inflated price, it would be better to do a newer up to the standard that Hot Toys currently is version of it.

I wouldn't say the price is inflated , it's the most bang for your buck IMO. It was way underpriced and not classified as a DX to start .

So it's price now reflects what it should of cost to start , sorta :wave

I think would would warrant another T1000 is if Hot Toys took advantage of marketing under the PPS (Power Pose Series License) and did the grenade battle damage T1000 before he falls into the molten steel. Kind of like a mix-media with cloth and ABS

I think would would warrant another T1000 is if Hot Toys took advantage of marketing under the PPS (Power Pose Series License) and did the grenade battle damage T1000 before he falls into the molten steel. Kind of like a mix-media with cloth and ABS

That's not a bad Idea, they could also though in a new up-dated sculpt for the orginal figure too:exactly: however I would want the frozen t-1000 personally

I wouldn't say the price is inflated , it's the most bang for your buck IMO. It was way underpriced and not classified as a DX to start .

So it's price now reflects what it should of cost to start , sorta :wave
Yeah, there are a lot of overpriced Hot Toys figures out there. Looks like T-1000 sells for around $250 now. More than retail, but not so ridiculously unreasonable considering what you get. Unlike, say, Hawkeye.

I don't think it's that no one wants a newer version it's just that this one was, for whatever reason 'cause we all know HT will milk anything, came with pretty much everything needed for all his looks.

Perhaps HT knew this wasn't a figure they wanted to revisit. Based on how it sold HT probably did the right thing. I have two of these and the second was bought for well below retail. I wasn't going to buy two, but the deal offered an opportunity for more display options.

This thing sat and sat. Anyone that wanted one the opportunities where there.

Totally agree!
And I might add (as some other fellow collector stated before):
The MMS covered ALL the T-1000 scenes from T2.
You just can't improve the MMS besides of PERS, but do you need it with the T-1000?
No!

I think it's just wishful thinking that HT will some time reissue the MMS or release an improved version...

:exactly:

Wouldn't it be hard to disguise a pers panel on a t-1000 sculpt anyway?:dunno

The figure is perfect as is, I hate all this re-releasing nonsense anyway! I wish hot toys were a true "collectible" producing company, but who am I kidding, they love money. :slap

I just don't know why everyone is so anti-Terminator in all these posts :dunno

Anti-Terminator? You must be reading another thread.

MMS is great, we get it. But not everyone was able to get it, so why not do another which is even better? Or would you prefer another Iron Man? -_-

Why not? Probably for all of the reasons already stated. Making an educated guess about the likelyhood of a redo has nothing to do with one's like for the franchise or desire to see said redo.

I just don't know why everyone is so anti-Terminator in all these posts :dunno

MMS is great, we get it. But not everyone was able to get it, so why not do another which is even better? Or would you prefer another Iron Man? -_-

Yeah we could do with another couple of iron man figures or maybe some more predator figures.
Well i don't think the T-1000 head sculpt can improve as it is spot on.

The figure is perfect as is, I hate all this re-releasing nonsense anyway! I wish hot toys were a true "collectible" producing company, but who am I kidding, they love money. :slap
I don't get this mentality that some people have about stuff like this. Some of us like myself didn't get into collecting Hot Toys stuff until recently and a lot of the older figures are hard to find without paying outrageous prices. So we should be punished so only those who have collected for longer can maintain their "collector status" because they have something and someone else doesn't? Seems childish to me. If you really care about collecting in my opinion how limited something is shouldn't matter.

There's always someone who missed something. It would be unrealistic to expect a company to continually satisfy the whims of late-comers on any given figure. The subject in question needs to be massively popular to warrant a new figure or rerelease. T-1000 isn't quite up there with the T-800 it seems.

There's always someone who missed something. It would be unrealistic to expect a company to continually satisfy the whims of late-comers on any given figure. The subject in question needs to be massively popular to warrant a new figure or rerelease. T-1000 isn't quite up there with the T-800 it seems.
Right and I can see less popular lines not being revisited but big films like Batman, Iron Man, Predator, Terminator, etc it's bound to happen and people throw a fit when it does. My point wasn't really regarding this figure in particular more just people who get upset over re-releases.

I myself have no problems when a character gets reissued. I have missed many characters that I like. If they reissue a character I like and if I want the new version I will buy it. If I don't like it or if its not improved in any way in my eyes I can pass on it. Either way its my choice to buy or not. I see no need to get angry about a new version of a character for people to have a chance to make a purchase. I am not a Iron Man fan but I have no issues with all of the Iron Man figures out there. I am hoping that Hot Toys goes back and does Indiana Jones again but from Temple of Doom or Last Crusade.

Hello 2013! :wave
i see you're continuing to study the forum for T-1000 threads :lol
this all reminds me - i must take all my T-1000 variants out of the box and look at them again. it definitely was a beautiful figure back then, don't see how it could become worse.

Back