Any possible new T-1000 hot toys?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right but weren't a bunch of people pretty satisfied with the original Terminator 2 T-800 too? Yet they still released the DX10 and are releasing the DX13. I think that if Hot Toys thinks the market is there they'll re-do a figure regardless of how well received an older version was. Plus with this film it's popular and has enough fanboys that it probably would sell. Not trying to take away from the original release as it looks good but it wouldn't surprise me. At the end of the day they are a business and it's about the money.

MMS and DX 10 and DX 13 are different versions of the same character. HT may have milked that fact, some said that HT could've gone DX07 style and release DX10 as a set of Cyberdyne and BD, but still, as it is, those 3 releases are from different acts in the movie.

T1000 covers almost every important appearance the character had in the film all in one box set that would put any DX figure to shame at present, making it a true value for money and something that HT might not attempt to remake. Headsculpt aside, make the set lighter than the first and they'd get flak from fans -- would likely cost around $190-200 too. Make it a DX with more accessories than the first set (which would most likely include rehash of the first), give it a $300 pricetag and again -- flak from fans.

Considering T2 isn't one of my favorite films, I've considered selling this guy many times. But the version I have with donut head and battle damage dressed as he looks in the smelting scene from the end is one of the most striking figures in my collection. If I get the BD DX version (which looks to be another one of HT's best), I'll probably keep this guy to keep them displayed together.

If anything, the BD DX will drive the price of T-1000 up.

No reason for a re-release. They got it right the first time. I still think its a very strong likeness.

Check in the commerce section. You should eventually find it for a reasonable price there.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Really? Why'd you pass in the first place?
I of course love the character.. but at the time, I just didn't want the figure particularly. A Local e-Tailer even ended up discounting it, & I just let it go by.

It - like the DX04 Bruce Lee & HT Luke, was an excellent value for money set, & a great figure. There's no way I'm gonna find a new one for a reasonable price now, so.. oh well. :lol

I'm sure it's the same with the DX04 & MJ sets - don't have those either! :gah:

I recently scored this guy in a trade, and man what an amazing figure. It's been said in this thread before but, like the Sweeney Todd, the T-1000 is a DX without being a DX. I honestly don't see any way they could improve on him. However, for everyone that missed it a DX would be cool. I missed the T-800 the first time and was more than happy when DX-10 came out.

Well when I posted this I was all ready to get one till I just found out I lost my job. So now I can't get one. I'm hoping a few months if I get a new job I could pick one up at a decent price. Hopefully under $300

No reason for a re-release. They got it right the first time.

Totally agree!
And I might add (as some other fellow collector stated before):
The MMS covered ALL the T-1000 scenes from T2.
You just can't improve the MMS besides of PERS, but do you need it with the T-1000?
No!

I think it's just wishful thinking that HT will some time reissue the MMS or release an improved version...

More T2 is more gooder. Sure the MMS was well done, but not everyone got it when it came out like myself.

:horse

We know how great the MMS is. The problem is the inflated price, it would be better to do a newer up to the standard that Hot Toys currently is version of it.

Last edited:
The current release is loaded with nearly everything you need with a T-1000. There is room for improvement, but not enough to warrant a redo anytime soon. I'm sure T2 will always be revisited periodically for the rest of eternity, so it will be made again some day.

Well in my opinion nothing can be improved on the T-1000 the figure is
stunning.
Also i prefer the older Arnie to the DX ad the face on the DX looks a little off too me.
Though a hot toys John connor would be epic.
Also they could have thought ahead and released a seperate part of a T-1000 with each figure and by the end you have a frozen T-1000 on his knees with no arms:pray:

More T2 is more gooder. Sure the MMS was well done, but not everyone got it when it came out like myself.

:lol:lecturethis is true

Well in my opinion nothing can be improved on the T-1000 the figure is
stunning.

Also i prefer the older Arnie to the DX ad the face on the DX looks a little off too me.
Though a hot toys John connor would be epic.
Also they could have thought ahead and released a seperate part of a T-1000 with each figure and by the end you have a frozen T-1000 on his knees with no arms:pray:

On this I think your wrong, I look at the new barney ross, yeah no was complaining about the old one, yet they improved it. Just when you think hot toys are as good as there gunna get, they can surprise us:wink1:

I just don't know why everyone is so anti-Terminator in all these posts :dunno

MMS is great, we get it. But not everyone was able to get it, so why not do another which is even better? Or would you prefer another Iron Man? -_-

Back