Any Interest In Seeing More Animated SW Movies?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd much rather prefer the live action series. And I really thought the Clone Wars film was just 3 or 4 tv episodes loosely glues together. It really didn't deserve the big screen treatment IMHO.

Shadows of the Empire would be cool. Just omit Dash Rendar and focus on Luke and Leia, Lando and Chewie. Never understood why Dash Rendar was there to begin with. Stupid. Think CW style would lend itself nicely to this story as it's more connected to the movies.

Would LOVE to see anime used to retell the Star Wars trilogy itself. Just read the graphic novels done in the anime style. That would kick all kinds of ass!

Shadows of the Empire would be cool. Just omit Dash Rendar and focus on Luke and Leia, Lando and Chewie. Never understood why Dash Rendar was there to begin with. Stupid. Think CW style would lend itself nicely to this story as it's more connected to the movies.

Would LOVE to see anime used to retell the Star Wars trilogy itself. Just read the graphic novels done in the anime style. That would kick all kinds of ass!
agreed about Dash.
and i'll tell you why he was in it. it's the same reason all the "expanded universe" characters exist. because the writers/artists who made them up want to stamp their names on the Star Wars mythos. and then they can only hope Lucas doesn't ret-con their characters out like he did with the prequels.
________
Dt50

Last edited:
I'd love more animated stuff. The new clone wars TV series is fantastic, much better than the Clone Wars movie. For those that havent seen it yet, just give it a chance, its brilliant viewing and has a real OT feel to it.
If this series is as successful as first indications suggest, I'd love some OT stuff live shadows of the empire or a series set between ANH and ESB, and then there is the NJO era. So much possible material to work with. Exciting times and more than I could have hoped for following the completion of the movies.

agreed about Dash.
and i'll tell you why he was in it. it's the same reason all the "expanded universe" characters exist. because the writers/artists who made them up want to stamp their names on the Star Wars mythos. and then they can only hope Lucas doesn't ret-con their characters out like he did with the prequels.

I think the reason characters like Dash Rendar exist is because writers don't get access to characters like Han Solo so they just make a crappy copy of him to get around it.

Dash was in shadaws as an attempt to fill the void left by there being No han. TBQH, It didn't work so great.

Now all you animation haters, here's a thought, would you watch an animated star wars saga, done with the same animation style as the clone wars series, But it uses the EXISTING auido track from the live action episodes 1-6? I think the potential for creating some phoenominal sequences is there. Granted, they might want to record some new dialoge here and there, but every line, spoken by the original actors would be present. Hell, they could even finaly add in the toshi station scene.

I enjoyed the Clone Wars movie, but I didn't think it needed to be a theatrical release. However, seeing as it didn't do well in theaters (I sense the advertising campaign cost more than the movie made in the US), I doubt they will do another animated flick in the theaters.

Having just watched the first ep of the TV series, they are obviously aimed more toward kids, and are not what us adults were hoping for. I'll keep watching the series, unless it becomes really stupid, but I'm not psyched about it anymore. The Live Action series will probably be more for the fans. At least I surely hope so...

I'd love more animated stuff. The new clone wars TV series is fantastic, much better than the Clone Wars movie. For those that havent seen it yet, just give it a chance, its brilliant viewing and has a real OT feel to it.
I've only watched the premiere so far, but based on that episode, I can't agree with your statement at all... The episode was dumb and poorly written. The movie was much more enjoyable, in my opinion...

I've only watched the premiere so far, but based on that episode, I can't agree with your statement at all... The episode was dumb and poorly written. The movie was much more enjoyable, in my opinion...

wtf128488712434062500.jpg

Yiou know what i really want to see? A stand alone-one time story, LIVE ACTION Clone Wars movie. I think it could work, you could have a one shot story, that doesn't interfere with any of the other OT or PT story arcs and it could involve Jedi like Kit Fisto, Plo Kloon, etc,and of course Obi Wan and Anakin. You could have Hayden and Ewan MacGregor reprise their roles. I think it could work.

Back