Any chance of a V2/DX P1 Pred?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hell no..P1 is great as it is. The height is not an issue for me. Rather than another DX, HT woule better off doing other figures

Why on earth should there be a DX version of predator? There is nothing much you can do with it, he has all his accessories already with the one out now. What you want moving eyes with it?

Theres not much DX potential unless they went with Wookster's idea of elasticated mandibles operated by a hidden lever and maybe a second head with a fixed-on mask that has the lazer sight LEDS and maybe also flashing green eyes. This way we'd also have a mask that 'fits' properly and doesn't look out of proportion. Plus maybe a bag of his skull collection as accessories.

Primarily though I'd want one that can be stripped down for the final fight with Dutch.

Ok this is the ONLY way I would even CONSIDER getting a DX Predator is if they do the following:

-Movable mandibles like stated above.
-MAKE HIM TALLER
-removable stuff for final fight
-Light up laser sights on helmet AND arm computer that actually counts down.
-Two Heads. One BATTLE DAMAGED with BRIGHT GREEN blood in mouth and what not.
-LED DX Base with sound. Like the Predator clicking noise.
-all this stuff added to wait we already got with the normal version.

Ok this is the ONLY way I would even CONSIDER getting a DX Predator is if they do the following:

-MAKE HIM TALLER

Good list.

Also, make sure he has working stealth camouflage.

A wrist computer with real lights? I'd certainly take that although I'd settle for it without the 'counting down' feature - I have feck all knowledge of electronics but wouldn't that be a little too complex for the size?

I like all those suggestions like the base with the sound effects! So many soundbytes from the film they could use.

Again though I really can't see them making him taller. That would involve yet another reworking of the body from ground up. If they were willing to make the predator the size hes supposed to be then they would have done so first time out.

I don't think they're going to fix the height problem - if that was something Hot toys were bothered about we wouldn't be talking about short predators in the first place, they'd have done it right first time out.

Thing is, Hot Toys happily gave us Joker (though his misgivings are somewhat forgivable due to circumstance), happily gave us a bulky Batman, and now this short pred. But when we complain, they seem to go back to the drawing board. If everyone was perfectly happy as a fly on crap about the figures just mentioned, I doubt we'd have seen DX01 or DX02.

Well I'd be one of the suckers who'd buy it again if they made it right second time out based on our complaints - but I would be pissed off in principle. Because it could have been made the correct size at first attempt. Predator has been out since 1987, it is well known that the actor who played him was over 7 foot tall. This isn't like the joker version 1 where they didn't know for sure what he was going to look like in the final film, thus the headsculpt we got. Hot Toys knowingly compromised on the Predator's size for whatever reason. I'm careful to say 'size' because he needs to be bigger overall, not just taller.

So if they decide to remake him in the DX line to be the height he should have been in the first place I will be annoyed..and weakling that I am I will begrudgingly buy it.

I just doubt even Hot Toys will do that though. It'd be a lot of expense to go to in addition to lots of other DX extras.

Wasn't it SilentSurfer who got hold of a prototype 'Gort' bio for the P1 figure? The one that was rejected for the first Pred and then used at the end of P2? IIRC it was designed to work with the P1 head.

The existence of that item suggests that HT are planning another release, but it's either going to be a 'concept' P1 or a P2 Lost Hunter.

Wasn't it SilentSurfer who got hold of a prototype 'Gort' bio for the P1 figure? The one that was rejected for the first Pred and then used at the end of P2? IIRC it was designed to work with the P1 head.

The existence of that item suggests that HT are planning another release, but it's either going to be a 'concept' P1 or a P2 Lost Hunter.

More chances of that being another lost predator. Another composite if you may like Lost Pred.

A wrist computer with real lights? I'd certainly take that although I'd settle for it without the 'counting down' feature - I have feck all knowledge of electronics but wouldn't that be a little too complex for the size?

I like all those suggestions like the base with the sound effects! So many soundbytes from the film they could use.

Again though I really can't see them making him taller. That would involve yet another reworking of the body from ground up. If they were willing to make the predator the size hes supposed to be then they would have done so first time out.

Yeah it doesnt really need the count down feature on it, but it lighting up would be top notch imo.

Why would they need to do a whole new body? Couldnt they have just used like the base body of the elder or something (considering a lot of the armor is the same) Elder is obviously a lot taller....

BUT I have always kinda thought of the P1 as kinda a "baby" Predator if you look at the other Predators in the other films and stories, Most of them are all very much bigger. So the P1 could have just been on his first "coming of age mission" so to speak. So it would make sense if he was a tad shorter and kind of "pubescent" in a sense.

Maybe if he would have actually completed his mission he would have gone up rank or something lol Because, really getting killed by a mere human would be kinda of suckish. ha-ha. I still love the P1 though! Still my favorite!

Now if mine would just get here already.....:cool:

BUT I have always kinda thought of the P1 as kinda a "baby" Predator if you look at the other Predators in the other films and stories, Most of them are all very much bigger. So the P1 could have just been on his first "coming of age mission" so to speak. So it would make sense if he was a tad shorter and kind of "pubescent" in a sense.

Be careful not to take everything that came after and apply it to the first movie. Nothing else existed at the time, so really, you can't look at that Predator by any standard created after it like having Elders and clans and all that. Predator 1 was just a movie about an alien that came to the jungle to hunt humans and came face to face with the 80's action hero. Catagorizing him to fit into later molds is just wrong. P1 is the Original Gangster, buddy. If he hadn't been done so well, we wouldn't be talking about Hot Toys figures two decades later.

Why does everything have to become a DX release? Especially a figure that has come out with everything it should have first time round?

It's the pred from the movie, period. Should it come with different bios from other Preds?

I think everybody is just DX crazed cause we see what Hot Toys does with those. I don't think it applies to everything. Matter of fact, it's probably a really bad idea for all of us to act so excited to see DX of everything cause that just tells Hot Toys how to screw everybody that already bought the original figures, and that we want to be abused like that some more. This thread is actually a very dumb idea cause we know Hot Toys reads this stuff. We're providing them with all the market research they need to know how to bend us over for another couple hundred dollars.

-MAKE HIM TALLER

Don't forget that he needs pink inside of his mandibles instead of red.

I find it hilarious how anything that ht releases somebody always come up with the same question...Will we get a dx version later on??
I rather wait longer for a great version rather than two versions.

Be careful not to take everything that came after and apply it to the first movie. Nothing else existed at the time, so really, you can't look at that Predator by any standard created after it like having Elders and clans and all that. Predator 1 was just a movie about an alien that came to the jungle to hunt humans and came face to face with the 80's action hero. Catagorizing him to fit into later molds is just wrong. P1 is the Original Gangster, buddy. If he hadn't been done so well, we wouldn't be talking about Hot Toys figures two decades later.

Oh I know what youre saying. Its all about the original for me too. NOTHING will ever beat the P1 for my favorite Movie Alien/Creature. And no Predator movie WILL EVER beat out the original imo.

Im just saying if you DO apply the other movies and stories to the whole "Predator universe" it would almost appear as if the original was a younger Predator. Just my thoughts though.

Oh I know what youre saying. Its all about the original for me too. NOTHING will ever beat the P1 for my favorite Movie Alien/Creature. And no Predator movie WILL EVER beat out the original imo.

Im just saying if you DO apply the other movies and stories to the whole "Predator universe" it would almost appear as if the original was a younger Predator. Just my thoughts though.

actually i think the p1 pred was an older, more experienced hunter. it was the other predators in subsequent movies that were younger and less skilled.

especially the preds in avp. from my understanding, they were young preds-in-training, yet were much taller and bulkier---a design decision which to me really ruined the grace and athleticism of the pred species. i mean, they're a race of super-efficient hunters, so they should be light on their feet and very fast, while still being very strong. the preds in avp looked and moved like slow, clumsy quarterbacks. which i really hated.

at least in avp: requiem, the wolf pred was kind of a sleek badass. though he still suffered from bad aim. :rolleyes:

i think the first two predator movies are masterpieces. predator 2 was great, and i dont understand why not alot of people favor it. i enjoyed the characters. they were all alive long enough so you could understand what type of person they were. but anyways that is true no predator movies will compare with the first two IMO. and i dunno scar predator really seemed like a youngin to me, the first predator was just downright creepy, coughing up his own blood laughin his ass off, hes ice cold.

??? Kevin Hall (the original Predator, P2 and P2 Elder) is the tallest of the actors to have played Predators; IIRC he's an inch or so taller than AVP's Ian Whyte. The other actors were big stuntmen or basketball players - smaller than messrs Hall and Whyte. So if ANY Predators were going to be smaller, it would be the Lost Hunters :).

Now, while Paul Anderson came up with the "P1/P2 Predators are babies" idea, to explain why they didn't have AVP-style blooding marks, the actual behaviour of the original Predator is that of a seasoned combatant - cautious, methodical, reacting well to sudden changes. Contrast that with the AVP Preds who blunder about and get confused.

Back