Any chance of a V2/DX P1 Pred?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, here's my take on things... not based on anything that’s 'canon'. I've seen all the movies and read a lot of the DH comics, haven't read any of the novels, so it's just my musings.
The Pred home world, like most planets with atmosphere has differing weather conditions. The Preds in 1 + 2 are from the tropical area, they are in effect civilians; they came her for some R+R, just a hunting trip, nothing more, nothing less. In AvP they are Preds from the colder part of the Home world (maybe even arctic), they are more organised, you could even say they are the equivalent to Pred military on a training exercise. Wolf is from a Pred City, he's in effect your old style seasoned cop, sent to clean up a botched military training junket gone very wrong.

As I say, not based on anything, but it kind of matches the characteristics of how they operated.

OK, here's my take on things... not based on anything that’s 'canon'. I've seen all the movies and read a lot of the DH comics, haven't read any of the novels, so it's just my musings.
The Pred home world, like most planets with atmosphere has differing weather conditions. The Preds in 1 + 2 are from the tropical area, they are in effect civilians; they came her for some R+R, just a hunting trip, nothing more, nothing less. In AvP they are Preds from the colder part of the Home world (maybe even arctic), they are more organised, you could even say they are the equivalent to Pred military on a training exercise. Wolf is from a Pred City, he's in effect your old style seasoned cop, sent to clean up a botched military training junket gone very wrong.

As I say, not based on anything, but it kind of matches the characteristics of how they operated.

That sounds like it could be true indeed :)

I was just thinking the other day if the Predators from 1 and 2 were sent here, or if they could just choose what species to hunt.

The way you're describing it, that question is pretty much answered.

i agree with all your points, except i think wolf is more a military veteran than a cop, lol (just cuz cops dont usaully clean up after the military)
i consider them more tribal based, like in P1 we see the predators scout pod detach from a larger ship, i consider the larger ship to be that of P2 lost hunters, making P1 and P2 predators all from the same tribe. (just in my mind)
and the avp preds are like the military branch, or special forces, or even better.

actually i think the p1 pred was an older, more experienced hunter. it was the other predators in subsequent movies that were younger and less skilled.

especially the preds in avp. from my understanding, they were young preds-in-training, yet were much taller and bulkier---a design decision which to me really ruined the grace and athleticism of the pred species. i mean, they're a race of super-efficient hunters, so they should be light on their feet and very fast, while still being very strong. the preds in avp looked and moved like slow, clumsy quarterbacks. which i really hated.

at least in avp: requiem, the wolf pred was kind of a sleek badass. though he still suffered from bad aim. :rolleyes:

You know, that actually makes more sense. The Predators from P1 and P2 both have their canons, which if you go by AVP, the Predators "earn" by getting them after the "hunt" with the Aliens???

So I guess the P1 and P2 would be older.

but back on topic about the scale. I think I may add about a 1/4 inch to his sandals to give him an extra bit of a boost in height. I havent got mine yet, but I want him TALL. :horror

You know, that actually makes more sense. The Predators from P1 and P2 both have their canons, which if you go by AVP, the Predators "earn" by getting them after the "hunt" with the Aliens???

but back on topic about the scale. I think I may add about a 1/4 inch to his sandals to give him an extra bit of a boost in height. I havent got mine yet, but I want him TALL. :horror

you're gonna make your pred wear PLATFORM shoes?? whadya tryin to do, turn him into one of those weird japanese chicks in d harajuku district?? :lol

sorry dude, just messing witcha. if u pose him on his own he won't need the extra height cos his proportions are great. he LOOKS tall and imposing.

I just thought of another thing they could do for a dx pred. Have actual quills on him instead of those sculpted on ones.

Actually, as many have pointed out. the movies were made separately and therefore cannot have a common rule that run through them.

I mean if the P1 was indeed "blooded", then where is it mark, both on its bio as well as its face. No mark = non-blooded = non-adult

The same logic applies for the P2 as well. That plus the fact that the P2 was bettered by an out of shape human :sick

So i wouldn't say that the P1 and P2 were necc older :D

How about this. Different clan, different rule. I mean these guys are parts of different nomadic tribes right? They may be separate from each other for hundreds and thousands of years. Some may have adopted the blooding ritrual while others have given up on it. Look at how diverse our society is. And we live on the same ball.

I agree with some of these points. My diffinitive opinion!

Pred 1&2 = Same Tribe/Clan

AVP & AVP-R = Military Army/Clan

Predators in 1 & 2 bore NO mark on armour or skin.

AVP Preds bare the mark like a "Medal of Honor", a Cap badge of sorts!

Preds in 1 & 2 detached on their own.

AVP preds detached in small units, unless veteran officer like Wolf.

My idea anyway!

I agree with some of these points. My diffinitive opinion!

Pred 1&2 = Same Tribe/Clan

AVP & AVP-R = Military Army/Clan

Predators in 1 & 2 bore NO mark on armour or skin.

AVP Preds bare the mark like a "Medal of Honor", a Cap badge of sorts!

Preds in 1 & 2 detached on their own.

AVP preds detached in small units, unless veteran officer like Wolf.

My idea anyway!

Ya know Wolf didn't have a tribal marking nor did the other Ancient remake in AVPR. Did they just abandon the whole marking ritual thing in the sequel? I mean it was garbage but at least be a bit more consistent.

Back