Any chance of a V2/DX P1 Pred?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth_Fatso

Super Freak
Reaction score
What do you all think the chances are of HT making another P1 Predator like a DX version or something? So far HT has made 2 versions of most of the main Preds like the Wolf/Wolf Cleaner and P2/P2 Battle Damaged version. I'm wondering if I should pick this guy up while I have a chance to get him at a decent price or skip it an hope HT makes a second version. Looking at HT's past history, I'd say theres at least a 75% chance HT will make another one (especially if this one sells well) but at the same time you never know.

I have no idea, but i certainly hope not. They will piss of a ton of people (me included) if they release a better version, especially if it is taller.

I have no idea, but i certainly hope not. They will piss of a ton of people (me included) if they release a better version, especially if it is taller.

True but that didn't stop them from releasing a 2 better versions of the Joker and 1 of TDK Batman. But I do see what your saying.

True but that didn't stop them from releasing a 2 better versions of the Joker and 1 of TDK Batman. But I do see what your saying.

Yes, but both of those examples needed updates. The Predator is practically perfect.

They would lose a lot of fans if they did this.

Yes, but both of those examples needed updates. The Predator is practically perfect.

I think coming so quickly on the heels of the previous version pisses alot of people off. Its one thing to have it revisited in a few years - when the development cycle for these things is at least 12 months its extremely rude to have the new release announced months after the prior version is released - basically they are releasing a product they already know they are going to make superceded. that doesn't really match with the "collectables" mindset.

True, but did the BR Joker really need and update? Imho the BR Joker is practically perfect as well. I mean there was no real reason to add the alternate head and outfit uless HT figured they could sell more that way intsead of just Cop Joker.

The Joker was a Hot Toys experiment in F'ing the fans for money. They knew we bought second releases, so they wanted to know just how many versions people were willing to bend over for, and they paid for all their figure development with our wallets.

Don't say that. I'm already replacing my P2 body with a P1 body just for the proportions. I'll be pissed to have to replace both of those again with what we should have gotten in the first place.

If they make the body longer for a second P1, I'm going to fly to China and beat somebody ass.

I'm already replacing my P2 body with a P1 body just for the proportions. I'll be pissed to have to replace both of those again with what we should have gotten in the first place.

If they make the body longer for a second P1, I'm going to fly to China and beat somebody ass.

If they release a taller P1, let me know. I'll fly to China with you.

I could actually see this happening... but not for a while.
I'd hope for moving eyes, dreads more like the elders, maybe some metal elements and real leather belts. But the thing I'd love to see them try, and if anyone can do it HT can, is a lever operated opening mandibles. They'd have to be silicone so they didn't degrade but wouldn't that be cool. A bit like the aliens projecting inner jaw, but with the double action of seperating and opening with a silicone membrane.. Go on HT do it!

I would buy another P1 Predator for the final hand-to-hand fight sequence - he'd have to be stripped down of his gear and have a bloodied leg - and for gods sake paint the blood so you can actually see it! The ''blood'' on the BD Predator 2 figure was almost invisible. Its supposed to be bright green - even McFarlane got that right.

I think a second Predator (p1) release could do with not having a shoulder cannon or medipack or indeed the complete aparatus that the medipack slots into - but it should have some other stuff altogether. This way the original figure won't seem completely pointless. Those who have bought it already will still have use for it, those who haven't bought it will simply have to decide if they need both.

What they should do is revisit the AVP Preds, with better headsculpts (among other details).

Ditto, plus this madness has to end sometime:horror right?:confused:

:lol You'd think so!

Thing is, Joker and Bats I am OK with, as they are both figures that could do with upgrades. Rocky and Rambo; ditto. It has been a while since these figures, so DX are OK.

From then on, I hope it is new licenses and new characters.........except Jack Sparrow, becuase I don't own one and the DX would be great. :D

Back