Any Chance of a Hot Toys Muscle Body?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay guys, it's cleared up, bandito has the figures, it was just amisunderstandoing of words. Let's not argue and get the thread locked, we are on a good topic here.

You better have more knowledge of material science before you contradict me.

As per HT's instructions: I'm sure you'll find rubber in BL and Barney's instruction too. Upper torso: Neck/Chest/Upper Abdomen. Only rubber parts of the Predators are the dreads
wolverinescan.jpg

65.jpg

For the record: I've T2 & T1 T800, Whiplash, Wolverine/Royce, 4 Berserkers, 5 Falconers, BL icon.

:lol Nam got roasted :nana:

Not to worry, Nam will no doubt show up with a lengthy explanation as to why he is still correct.

As per HT's instructions: I'm sure you'll find rubber in BL and Barney's instruction too. Upper torso: Neck/Chest/Upper Abdomen. Only rubber parts of the Predators are the dreads
wolverinescan.jpg

65.jpg

For the record: I've T2 & T1 T800, Whiplash, Wolverine/Royce, 4 Berserkers, 5 Falconers, BL icon.

If it is rubber (and not them trying to find an English word to better describe it) then I stand corrected, congratulations. But you'll also have to concede that they're certainly far removed from the bodies of Rambo, Krauser, Hellboy, Navy Seal, Dutch, Billy, Rocky, Drago, Clubber, Apollo, etc., which are the bodies that we're talking about, the bodies that are having the issues.

You misread it. They're not modeling it after Arnie per say. They made the body to be used for Arnie bashes and for fans looking to get Dutch off the rubber body. It was mentioned in an interview with ACI discussing the new body at Toyfair 2011.

Thanks for clearing that up. Well cool then, this is good news for me. Ive been looking for a more affordable muscle body for some Arnie bashes Ive been wanting to do. Im assuming at least that it will be cheaper than the HT Arnie body thats out now.

wolverinescan.jpg

65.jpg

But these are not rubber bodies like the Rocky, Rambo and Dutch. That is what Nam is getting at. Sure the T800 and Wolverine bodies have some rubber parts, but they will not rot and crack or have metal flanges that break after a few elbow bends like the old rubber bodies.

But these are not rubber bodies like the Rocky, Rambo and Dutch. That is what Nam is getting at. Sure the T800 and Wolverine bodies have some rubber parts, but they will not rot and crack or have metal flanges that break after a few elbow bends like the old rubber bodies.

The original correction was for the definiton of PVC part, which is rubber instead.

These rubber parts (T800/Wolverine/BL body) do break/gets damaged hence the caution in the instructions. By design, minimal stress is applied to the rubber part, only the neck is subjected to more stress than the shoulders or Torso/Abs (more on the "seemless abs" of the BL body).

What's significatly different between the rubber of these 2 type of bodies is, one is cast separately and assembled with the endo-skeleton later, while the other (Rambo/Dutch/Hellboy) has the rubber casted around the internal frame.

Being assembled (the semi-rubber body) as such it is more uniform, easy to repair, to diassemble and to mod. Almost nothing can be done to the full rubber upper body TT without breaking/cutting the rubber body, except for the Dutch/Chris Redfield body, where you can still repair the arms should the internal arm breaks.
endoskin.jpg

One way to avoide cracking of the rubber, avoid putting the figure in stressfull poses long term.

p.s./example: ED209's dome is bound to break/crack as it is stretched long term (from when it was assembled).

Last edited:

Exactly. The "rubber" aspects of the newer bodies have more similarities with a flexible PVC or vinyl than they do with the rubber bodies of old. And putting them in the same category when they're not even comparable, is sophomoric at best.

The original correction was for the definiton of PVC part, which is rubber instead.

These rubber parts (T800/Wolverine/BL body) do break/gets damaged hence the caution in the instructions. By design, minimal stress is applied to the rubber part, only the neck is subjected to more stress than the shoulders or Torso/Abs (more on the "seemless abs" of the BL body).

What's significatly different between the rubber of these 2 type of bodies is, one is cast separately and assembled with the endo-skeleton later, while the other (Rambo/Dutch/Hellboy) has the rubber casted around the internal frame.

Being assembled (the semi-rubber body) as such it is more uniform, easy to repair, to diassemble and to mod. Almost nothing can be done to the full rubber upper body TT without breaking/cutting the rubber body, except for the Dutch/Chris Redfield body, where you can still repair the arms should the internal arm breaks.
endoskin.jpg

One way to avoide cracking of the rubber, avoid putting the figure in stressfull poses long term.

p.s./example: ED209's dome is bound to break/crack as it is stretched long term (from when it was assembled).

The T-800, Wolverine or Whiplash arms aren't ever going to look like this.

904_SDU.jpg

Back