Any Chance of a Hot Toys Muscle Body?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HL2 Master

Freaked Out
Reaction score
The age old question.

When are we going to see the newer style Hot Toys muscle body for sale as a carded truetype?

Any word on this?

Re: Hot Toys Muscle Body

Like any of us would know :slap

I've asked HT this before through my contacts and all they've ever said is "we'll look into it." Basically, not anytime soon, if ever.

If they carded Muscle Bodies, no one would ever buy lame duck figues like Persius and that Sands of Persia guy.

If they carded Muscle Bodies, no one would ever buy lame duck figues like Persius and that Sands of Persia guy.

tumblr_lm111u6xgz1qkc1y3o1_500.jpg

I have it from the highest authority that hot toys sold it's soul to the devil and this will happen.
obrother4.JPG

Last edited:

Sold their soul and what will happen?

I suppose you are right, they can make boring ass figures and put them on a cool body with a decent head sculpt and expect us mugs to buy them... Shame really.

Hot Toys could make so much more money from offering all the various muscle bodies then the would ever make from lame ass one off crap figures that they need to do R & D for and produce accessories, clothing, boxes ect.

I see both points. they would make allot though if they offered it in varied tones, think about it people would buy it. They could do the regular height In Caucasian, Asian, Hispanic, and African American, all varied skin tones with different sculpts. if they really wanted to milk the cash cow they could do a T-800 style one with longer ankle pegs in each tone as well.

People would buy them.

Also it is inevitable, they will eventually make that body with improved articulation, it may be 1 yaer down the road or three years down the road, just watch it will happen. there you go that could be the 2.0.

Well didn't the Resident Evil B.S.A.A. Jill come about because of a petition? Let's start one for these bodies. At the end of the day, if the forum members make one, Hot Toys WILL eventually see it, if nothing comes of it, it won't take that many brain cells to figure out they blatantly ignored it.

We all know it's not nice to ignore your customers that are you bread and butter so to speak...

Personally I was saddened to see the S.T.A.R.S. Chris came on the old rubber type, when Wolverine was release around the same time and was on the new style... Maybe they just did it to keep it uniform with the B.S.A.A. version.

The new suited and casual bruce lees are selling like hot bread because of the Bruce lee muscle body. I got both of them coming and I'm even planning on buying a third for a BL bash.

I don't think we'll see the release of Muscle bodies soon. Unless of course an unlicensed company swoop in with a lower quality exact replica of one and sell them for a cheaper price, but I guess the tooling is quite complicated.

I just wish that ACI Toys would sell their new muscle body called "Andrew1" or something as a carded figure, it comes with their new offering Flamma Gladiator of Rome.

aci-gladiator-flamma-36.jpg

Thread title changed to an actual question (since it is age old) to avoid misleading others into thinking that this is a thread actually talking about a HT muscle body release.

Well didn't the Resident Evil B.S.A.A. Jill come about because of a petition? Let's start one for these bodies. At the end of the day, if the forum members make one, Hot Toys WILL eventually see it, if nothing comes of it, it won't take that many brain cells to figure out they blatantly ignored it.

We all know it's not nice to ignore your customers that are you bread and butter so to speak...

Personally I was saddened to see the S.T.A.R.S. Chris came on the old rubber type, when Wolverine was release around the same time and was on the new style... Maybe they just did it to keep it uniform with the B.S.A.A. version.

Hot Toys doesn't listen to anybody here. I'd honestly be surprised if they even come here due to the sheer level of OCD raping their products seem to get.

The new suited and casual bruce lees are selling like hot bread because of the Bruce lee muscle body. I got both of them coming and I'm even planning on buying a third for a BL bash.

I don't think we'll see the release of Muscle bodies soon. Unless of course an unlicensed company swoop in with a lower quality exact replica of one and sell them for a cheaper price, but I guess the tooling is quite complicated.

I just wish that ACI Toys would sell their new muscle body called "Andrew1" or something as a carded figure, it comes with their new offering Flamma Gladiator of Rome.

aci-gladiator-flamma-36.jpg

They will be releasing it on its own later, after the Gladiator. At Toyfair they stated that the body was created for their gladiator figure and "a certain Austrian bodybuilder."

Even if they do release these carded, they will likely be $100 anyway. A standard, narrow shoulder TT's retail price is $50 now. A plain old TT! There is no way they let these go for $60-80. So you could expect to pay ebay prices for them anyway. Not sure it would really solve much of problem due to their potential pricetag.

Cheungkinman, That ACI body looks good. How does it compare to the HT one? To be honest if it if similar in quality and it is in fact reasonable priced and going to be offered on its own, that's some good news.

Buttmuch, I see what you are saying, honestly I think it is a shame, it is all supply and demand why the bodies go for that much. I am sure many will agree with me, even though the quality is good and the detail, it is criminal to charge that much, for a 12" tall piece of plastic.

Cheungkinman, That ACI body looks good. How does it compare to the HT one? To be honest if it if similar in quality and it is in fact reasonable priced and going to be offered on its own, that's some good news.

Buttmuch, I see what you are saying, honestly I think it is a shame, it is all supply and demand why the bodies go for that much. I am sure many will agree with me, even though the quality is good and the detail, it is criminal to charge that much, for a 12" tall piece of plastic.

Sorry bud, can't comment on it 'cause the figure is still on preorder :p

Back