Any Chance of 12" SS Vader ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I totally agree on the Marmit Fett. Of all of my 1:6 scalers, he is still my fav, just cause of the character and attention to detail. Even though he feels more like a kit to me, he really is awsome. I wish Marmit had done a ROTJ one - when Sideshow makes him, I hope they do the ROTJ style look first - the ESB version seems to be done more often.

The Medicom Vader is quite nice overall - my only issue: scale on him. He and the Stormtrooper look very good together as a set.

Well I got my Luke heheh. I took a pic of him next to Jason from FvJ. This would prolly be the same size that a SS Vader would look compared to Luke.

lukenjason.jpg

Very cool pic. One thing I am very grateful to Sideshow for, is actually have a real scale within the 1:6 line - nothing used to irrirate me more from Hasbro than having all figures the same height (with a few rare exceptions).

EVILFACE said:
Well I got my Luke heheh. I took a pic of him next to Jason from FvJ. This would prolly be the same size that a SS Vader would look compared to Luke.

lukenjason.jpg

Interesting, looks like the same proportion between Medicom Vader and Medicom Luke:

94DSC00930.JPG

If you scroll the pictures, you'll notice on both cases the top of Luke's head comes to about the nose of the other figure (Vader/Jason). Of course, SST's Vader on that body, with the helmet on, should look even taller.
Thanks for the pic.

EVILFACE said:

lukenjason.jpg

Interesting, looks like the same proportion between Medicom Vader and Medicom Luke:

94DSC00930.JPG

If you scroll the pictures, you'll notice on both cases the top of Luke's head comes to about the nose of the other figure (Vader/Jason). Of course, SST's Vader on that body, with the helmet on, should look even taller.
Thanks for the pic.

EDIT: Also interesting to note, the Jason figure has boots with really thick soles. Are we sure that is the bigger body?

abake said:
EDIT: Also interesting to note, the Jason figure has boots with really thick soles. Are we sure that is the bigger body?

yes it is. this jason figure has the longer torso and extensions on his ankles. but it's not the "big boy" body. it's a variation of the jaws/kanamit body.

captain sack said:
yes it is. this jason figure has the longer torso and extensions on his ankles. but it's not the "big boy" body. it's a variation of the jaws/kanamit body.

And another funny note.... Jason in FVJ had those exact boots, with the huge extension soles. I remember seeing that in the movie and thinking... "WTF?? Why would Jason be wearing those??!" Like he special orders his shoes or something...

"Must be REALLY tall or mommy won't be impressed!!" :D

abake said:

The Boot soles are not bigger, they are just sculpted to look that way, the inside are completely hollow.

Either way, a SS on the bigboy, which should be close to the FvJ Jason body, would tower over Medicoms Vader. Heck, Luke is prolly as big as their Vader.

DekeStarkiller said:
Lol, yes and also Darth Vader is not the main character in all six films IMO, I am a SW nut but let's be honest, DV is badass in the OT but in the Prequels Anakin was the main character in mostly II & III.

Deke, then who would you say is the main character? He appears in all 6 movies. Other than the droids and Obi, isn't he the only one?

I don't buy the droids as the central characters. They're not important enough to any film.

Anakin's role was less in ep1 than in the other films, but it was much more than Obi-Wan's role in 5 & 6. And they were about equally important to ep1.

Of course, you can say there is no central character, but, IMO, if there is a central character, it is Anakin/Vader.

I think Anakin is the central character of the prequels, but the torch is passed in the OT to Luke. That is his journey, in which his father plays apart. And his journey echoes hios father's in many repects, but I don't think you can say that Vader is the central character of the OT.

And the SSC Luke IS the same height as Medi-Vader.

I have to agree that the OT is about Luke moreso than Vader, if it were about Vader wouldn't it have been shown more from his point of view...rather than some badass who blows up planets, tortures people, and puts them in carbonite? It would be an interesting take though wouldn't it? The OT from Vader's POV. If it were a book, I'd read it, but it would have to be done really well.

EVILFACE said:
The Boot soles are not bigger, they are just sculpted to look that way, the inside are completely hollow.

Either way, a SS on the bigboy, which should be close to the FvJ Jason body, would tower over Medicoms Vader. Heck, Luke is prolly as big as their Vader.

Well, I don't have him on hand to compare, but Medicom Luke and SST Luke seem to be about the same height from pictures I've seen posted. I remember one where Both were side by side, but SST Luke was on his stand, and he only looked slightly taller than Medicom Luke.
Oh well, as I said earlier, SST Vader on a big boy body should look taller than Jason.

abake said:
Well, I don't have him on hand to compare, but Medicom Luke and SST Luke seem to be about the same height from pictures I've seen posted. I remember one where Both were side by side, but SST Luke was on his stand, and he only looked slightly taller than Medicom Luke.
Oh well, as I said earlier, SST Vader on a big boy body should look taller than Jason.

Medi-Luke is definitely shorter than SSC Luke. SSC Luke is the same height as Medi-Vader, and he's taller than Medi-Luke. I feel like I'm taling about DragonBall Z, here.

I agree that Vader should be taller than FVJ Jason. I'd like them to use the same torso as FVJ Jason, though, as the broader chest would look better.

For those who are interested, here is my custom Vader...
PICT0062.jpg

PICT0093.jpg
Compared to the Medicom figure
PICT0103.jpg
Next to the Medicom Luke(don't have the SS luke yet)
PICT0068.jpg
Without the mask
This is built on a modified Electronic figure(13 3/4"total ht.) with a custom re-sculpted mask/neck brace combo. The Armor is from a Kaiyodo kit( yes, I know...); boot armor, cod, saber and chest box are scratch built.Cape, robe and bodysuit are custom sewn by my very talented wife. He represents over 2 years of very careful work. Let's hope SS does as well or better...PS

All I can say is wow..........just wow....:google

The nose portion directly above the triangle might be a bit large, but everything else looks superb!....Never seen a figure look so damn good!

Ask and ye shall receive! You caught me in a generous mood...
PICT0090.jpg
Believe it or not, the lenses are clear! How nuts am I?
PICT0080.jpg
Without the cape(check out the armor!)
PICT0096.jpg
With the Marmit figures that inspired him
PICT0108.jpg
The obligatory cheesecake shot( my wife's idea, but a good one...)
Hope these satisfy you for a while...PS

Back