Any Chance of 12" SS Vader ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darth Rage said:
It's been mentioned by sideshow during their chats we will not see any armored charactors released this year. I'm sure he's coming, just not anytime soon.

"Released this year" is the key phrase. But we could "order" him for 2007. I agree with pjam, I think Vader will be a good stocking stuffer for the Holidays as a pre-order. I think we'll be able to order him in Nov or Dec -- during the End of the First Year celebration. Like father, like son.

Sideshow sucks!!! I can't believe that they are going to suck us all in with these figures and and make us buy crappy characters like Kit Fisto and not make Darth Vader and Boba Fett! I HATE sideshow.

Sorry couldn't resist....:monkey3

Oh and just so no one thinks I'm a complete jerk, that was just being a general wiseass and not directed at you lakehouse! :)

bee...beep..beep....bee....beep...beep...bee....beep....bee....beeep

This just in.....
SS will NOT be realsing 12" Darth Vader of Boba Fett figures!!!!!!

also just in.....pigs have grown wings and are flying about the SS studios!

No Vader or Boba??? That's it, I'm cancelling all my pre-orders. To hell with you SS!!

I'd like to see an ROTJ Vader first. Removable helmet, alternate stump, big boy body, super-shiny. No-eyebrows-blue-eyes-dvd-version Anakin head. Ignited saber and hilt, Luke's hilt, Luke's ignited saber, lined cape with proper rubber chain (was never metal in the film), and the ability to pick up shriveled old men and dump them into pits. Now that's a hero!

EVILFACE said:
I would like a Empire one first. Non-removable helmet.

Would you settle for a partially removable helmet for that one scene?
C'mon! Peeping Piett has to have something to gawk at!!

If it's to be ESB, how about he comes with a hand that can grasp Han's blaster! Exclusive could be Luke's severed hand clutching the hilt!

Vader will happen, and I just hope that Sideshow takes the time and makes him look real good. After seeing the incredible premium format Vader, they obviously know how to make a kick arse Vader.

Speaking for myself, I would not want to see a rushed character like this at all. I want incredible detail and will be willing to wait to get it. That being said, I do not want to see Vader released in 2009 or the like.

I hope that Sideshow recognizes that fans will not have unending patience waiting for the truly core characters: Vader, Fett, Stormtroopers or Clones (who here is not dying to have the 501st Clone next to their Anakin 12"er?) That being said, I hope to see these characters released in 2007, realistically. A suprise holiday release in 2006 would be cool too, though!

I say let them take their time and do it right. There are plenty of other non-amored characters like Jedi, rebels, and other Sith and scum to chose from in the mean time. Vader should be as near perfect as possible. I wouldn't mind a $100 perfect edition that would include everything (including swapable hands and heads) to have every verison of suit Vader. He is so similar in appearance that he really should have to be revisited, but I know they likely will for those that will miss the first Vader. Either way, they should take their time and do the first one (and every other one) right.

I have no doubt in my mind that SS's Vader will blow everyone away. Vader WILL be the figure that this line is judged by.

I mean look at the PF one and just make it 1/6th scale. The rest of the PF line is a bit average, but Vader looks soooooo good.

Yeah, I have no doubts that SS Vader will be the best 1/6th scale vader around. I would prefer if the helmet stayed on as I just don't care to see his burnt head.

As far as taking their time, absolutely. Since there is a lot of detail, this cannot be $50 and be quality - he'd have to been in the $100 range.

I very much enjoy my ROTS Medicom version, but there is a lot of room for improvement, the main one being the correct Height! :orthanc

I think price will be more, but I would have no problem shelling out $75 for him. I don't think there will be any SS figures over that price point.

I would buy Vader for $100 if that meant Sideshow could make him look even better than at $75.

I would rather have replaceable heads (helmet adapter) than removeable helmets. Those of us who have seen the Medicom Vader in person know how loose it can be. That might not seem like a big deal, but when your Vader's helmet keeps falling off by itself and crashing onto the desk and floor only to get scratched and nicked, you can appreciate why having a sturdy helmet is essential.

From the pics I've seen of the Medicom Darth Vader (both versions), SSC will sure have its work cut out in making the best Lord Vader.

Also, as an owner of Marmit's 1/6 Boba Fett, ditto. Marmit's Fett is TOTALLY SICK, though I have confidence that SSC has the ability to create better versions of both characters.

"You can do it!"

Back