Any Chance In Sideshow Doing Equilibrium?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's like saying Star Wars is a stupid movie because the Force doesn't exist. :rolleyes:

Fair enough. I just didn't like AI because it comes from a much more wrong headed philosophic tradition than something like The Force does.

If that didn't have an effect on how the story played out, it would be one thing, but it actually dictated exactly how The Matrix trilogy ended. The hero sacrificed himself to affect a compromise between the two opposing sides. It was morally neutral, pacifistically grey, and pure altruist mush from one end to the other. Made me want to gag.

On the complete other hand...

Agreed, the whole Orwellean, big brother backdrop..

...Equilibrium came from a philosophically accurate point of view (something that even Star Wars lacked, although Star Wars used its flaws much better than The Matrix; Luke Skywalker atleast did something heroic in the story's climax).

On top (or because) of that, John Preston won. He sacrificed nothing, and had both the power and will to end those who he was fighting against. He was unapologetically heroic.

Bottom line, I think the biggest difference was that Equilibrium had far more emotional content than The Matrix. It meant more to me because it made sense. Deep, significant, and metaphysically potent sense. The Matrix was gibberish.

But to each their own.

Fair enough. I just didn't like AI because it comes from a much more wrong headed philosophic tradition than something like The Force does.

If that didn't have an effect on how the story played out, it would be one thing, but it actually dictated exactly how The Matrix trilogy ended. The hero sacrificed himself to affect a compromise between the two opposing sides. It was morally neutral, pacifistically grey, and pure altruist mush from one end to the other. Made me want to gag.

On the complete other hand...

...Equilibrium came from a philosophically accurate point of view (something that even Star Wars lacked, although Star Wars used its flaws much better than The Matrix; Luke Skywalker atleast did something heroic in the story's climax).

On top (or because) of that, John Preston won. He sacrificed nothing, and had both the power and will to end those who he was fighting against. He was unapologetically heroic.

Bottom line, I think the biggest difference was that Equilibrium had far more emotional content than The Matrix. It meant more to me because it made sense. Deep, significant, and metaphysically potent sense. The Matrix was gibberish.

But to each their own.

Nah, he sacrificed the next woman he was falling for to proceed with the big plan to over throw.

It would be great if they made these figures. Where did the black costume come from? I know someone had made a custom Black Cleric costume. Is that still available somewhere?

He didn't sacrifice her.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I thought when he got there, he stood and thought for a min what to do, then watched on..he was told not to save her though by some dude or it would blow the whole plan to have him meet the head guy...I think..damn i have to watch it again. Or..maybe as you said he gets arrested and thats when the switched guns trick comes in to his advantage..yea, i have to watch it again. I don't think he had the power to beat them all, one by one and he did need help to disrupt the factory where they make the intervals/drug blah!.

Last edited:
Too bad Kurt Wimmer said he'd never do a sequel but after seeing how abominable the Matrix sequels turned out I'm glad there isn't. This film should remain a classic like Blade Runner.

I thought when he got there, he stood and thought for a min what to do, then watched on..he was told not to save her though by some dude or it would blow the whole plan to have him meet the head guy...I think..damn i have to watch it again. Or..maybe as you said he gets arrested and thats when the switched guns trick comes in to his advantage..yea, i have to watch it again. I don't think he had the power to beat them all, one by one and he did need help to disrupt the factory where they make the intervals/drug blah!.

Pretty much. I just watched it yesterday, so it's fresh.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Too bad Kurt Wimmer said he'd never do a sequel but after seeing how abominable the Matrix sequels turned out I'm glad there isn't. This film should remain a classic like Blade Runner.

Agree with every words!
I love this movie and hardly wait for the day when at least someone besides Feng makes a decent sculpt :banghead

Doubtful any studio would finance a sequel anyways. The film was a huge flop. Only made 5.3 million worldwide on a budget of 20 million. Even with cult appeal it would never make its money even direct to video. Oh well, I like it that way. Just makes me appreciate this little gem of a film even more.

Love the movie and would really love some merchandise from it.
I feel it's one of the most truly un-tapped action figure/merchandise/etc. movies out there.

Back