Any chance for obscure 80's film 'Split Second'?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REYALS

Freakalicious
Reaction score
I rather enjoyed the cheese factor of the film and the fact that Rutger Hauer was in it.

Plus, the creature was pretty cool and I believe they would be a cult fans collectible dream.

Also...another good one would be 'I come in peace'. :clap

I vaguely remember the poster for it, was it Hauer with the creature (blueish I think) standing behind him menacingly??? Lol. Or am I thinking of another one...

If that's it , then I liked it as a kid, haven't seen it since the 90s though..

But always down for cool aliens and Rutger Hauer figures!

I am actually surprised that I have not watched that movie being a pretty big Rutger Hauer fan. IMO any figurine based on a character played by Rutger Hauer sounds just fine to me. I'm still waiting for the Rutger Hauer figure from "Blade Runner" to come out (unless that is just a rumor).

I am going to have to check out this movie "Split Second" now. Also...for fans of Rutger Hauer in his prime during the 80's "the Hitcher" would be another badass figure to do. Kinda sucks that he never really made any movies with the exception of maybe a couple of films that were any good after the 80's. Then...which happens to the best of us...he got really old. I saw him in some stupid B rated movie recently and I had no idea he had aged so much...then again I believe he was already well into his 30's way back in the early 80's (please correct me if I am wrong) and Blade Runner was a looooong time ago.
Sorry for changing the subject but I could care less about seeing a good actor age in some cases it only makes them mature into even far better actor's (Al Pacino, Anthony Hopkins, Mickey Rourke, and John Hurt) just to name a few.

Yeah Septic, I remember 'the Hitcher' ( I think they revised that one during the film revisal of all things that used to be cool and then they made them suck era...).

I am surprised you Haven't seen 'Split Second' too. It is a classic in my eyes. It was pretty much along the lines of 'I come in peace'...'cept with more black humor.

You are correct also Jack D. That is exactly the poster for the film. I tried to find the movie to buy, but the only one I could find was in a different region and priced at over 150.00 dollars.

I Come in Peace was a great 80's action flick.
Split Second was a poor sci-fi wanna be. It had to be filmed on a tight schedule, or at least I hope so, because I can't think of another reason Kim Cattrell is wearing her Star Trek VI haircut.

As long as we're going for obscure Rutger Hauer films (though I'm gratified I'm not the only one that recalls Split Second with a dash of fondness) how about his character from Blood of Heroes too (Joan Chen's also)

Since we're in the snowball's chance in you-know-where of getting made category, might as well get really obscure ;)

Back