Ant-Man: The Movie is official!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I supposee since it was written planed out in a certain way that it would be difficult to come in and take over and these directors want to shoot it in their own style.

But I am sure they will find somebody. Why they let Edger Wright do it in the first place is what does not make sense. His style of movies was never in line with what marvel had previously produced or what it will be producing should have found some else along time ago.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

He's been on the project since 2003 apparently, if not he's certainly been on it since before there was an MCU

If someone does not think Edgar Wright is Marvel director "type" I'd like to see what your criteria is for Marvel director "type".
Cause there's only one thing they've all had in common and Edgar was certainly the man Feige wanted.

Marvels type seems to be easily bendable and open to control and doing what they say, like a puppet. I think that's why most leave after one movie, they don't get to flex their imagination but have to stick to a formula

It's low pay, that's exactly how they pick directors. Nothing wrong with that per se, but in some cases it doesn't work out well for them as well as in others. I don't know what it is, but just like the ceiling they put in each phase for movie total, they have that for directors. It may be hit or miss, but it keeps costs down and it's making money.

On the flip side of this director's search is the cast for Ant-Man which has already assembled and includes the likes of Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Patrick Wilson, Corey Stoll, and Michael Douglas. Speaking with the Schmoes Know, Douglas opened up about the situation calling it 'dissapointing.'

"I was very disappointed. I am a big fan of (Edgar's) movies. It’s a very disappointing situation. Happened very late in the game. I don’t think anybody’s quite recovered. My heart goes out to Edgar – he’s been involved with the project for a long time. But he’s talented enough that you'll be hearing a whole lot from him and I'm sure with a little vengeance."

Marvel has a SINGLE vision for their films. They pretty much all share a similar look and feel.
This is why Wright left. His idea for Ant-Man was too distant from the rest of the universe.

Homogenized.
:dunno

Anyone else think the destruction of SHIELD was what broke this movie for Edgar Wright? He did mention a couple of years ago that he had to make adjustments to fit in the MCU. Perhaps losing a major aspect of the film, plus the studio-mandated tie-ins to other things (Cap, Agents of SHIELD) just got to be too much for him.

Nah. I think Marvel are putting another hero in. and Wright has been ducking it and ducking till eventually he could no more.

I'm thinking it could possibly be Wasp. Wright would probably want to focus on Pym and Lang... and Marvel was like 'Make Wasp be Pym's daughter! And we can make a toy!'.

Pym's daughter....hahaha I really don't know how I feel about that. I read rumors about the villain in this film and Hawkeye is actually a huge character tied to him AND it's where he meets Mockingbird for the first time. I would absolutely love to see Bobbi pop up in this. I still hope this film really turns out well though.

Back