Prop ANOVOS goes into Star Wars Costuming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oh, thank goodness... it's just a Star Trek item. :lol

OK, OK. Being serious now.
This is actually very shady on their part. Their policy is to give a refund on cancelations if made before the item ships (something to that extent).

I'm not liking this. I'd hesitate ordering from them now and I already have several things preordererd. I hope they don't cancel them. :panic:

Oh, thank goodness... it's just a Star Trek item. :lol

OK, OK. Being serious now.
This is actually very shady on their part. Their policy is to give a refund on cancelations if made before the item ships (something to that extent).

I'm not liking this. I'd hesitate ordering from them now and I already have several things preordererd. I hope they don't cancel them. :panic:

Yes, that's clearly outlined (At least for now) in their Terms and Conditions, which goes like this:

PRE-ORDERS
By pre-ordering products, the customer are authorizing ANOVOS to automatically charge your account upon submission of the order and obtain the product when it becomes available at a later date. You may cancel your pre-order (and obtain a full refund) anytime prior to the time the item or items ship, should you so desire it.

However, I don't know if I'd trust a company that elects to hide the names of its founders on its respective website.

Very shady move by ANOVOS. I'm thankful I don't have anything pre-ordered from them because if I did I'd be extremely nervous about their ability to deliver or being able to get my money back. They are edging closer to eFx every day it seems which is a damn shame because when they announced the SW license I had high hopes for what they would be able to produce.

WTH is wrong in the prop business? EFX went the way of the dodo, Anovos is following them in a hurry, a couple of very talented model builders were banned on RPF. WTH?

WTH is wrong in the prop business? EFX went the way of the dodo, Anovos is following them in a hurry, a couple of very talented model builders were banned on RPF. WTH?

Yeah, it would seem like a license to print money, but rarely do the product materialize. I know SW fans are sticklers for accuracy, but I've see a lot of non-accurate props sell very well. Its a mystery to me.

Yeah, it would seem like a license to print money, but rarely do the product materialize. I know SW fans are sticklers for accuracy, but I've see a lot of non-accurate props sell very well. Its a mystery to me.

Many people who collect licensed props are not necessarily interested in true accuracy. Because with licensed you might not get the accuracy you can get from fan made props with genuine parts. Some of the licensed collectors won't even look at the accurate stuff, which we, the "rivet counters", are interested in buying. They are happy with their licensed stuff, with a nice edition plaque, shiny display case, and COAs. They want to play safe, and to be sure what they own holds value for resale. They are not even slightly interested in the idea of researching for a more accurate prop, or how that screen used prop was made in the first place.

They might even consider the unlicensed stuff inferior, due to the lack of those shiny trinkets listed above. If you show them a good accurate fan made helmet, a nice blaster/lightsaber/prop made with original parts, or a true studio scale they simply don't connect with them the same we do.

We need to remember that the licensed props (and many collectibles in general too) are made in China many times by uninterested and underpaid workers, who don't know, neither care, what is that thing they are working on. On the other side most of the fan made items, besides being more accurate, are made by true talented artists who really care about the items they make to every minute detail, and even put a part of their soul in each of those props/collectibles they create.

All this fine by me. More good stuff to remain to the people who care about them :peace

I cancelled the Vader Helmet, more out of frustration then anything else.

Which model builders got banned on the RPF?

WTH is wrong in the prop business? EFX went the way of the dodo, Anovos is following them in a hurry. WTH?

No Kidding!! In this day and age you would think these items would get completed quicker. Been waiting for over two years for my scout helmets from Efx and have helmets pre-ordered through Anovos. Very frustrating.

I kinda hate to say this, but is this really confirmed? I just did a cancellation with them like a month ago and it went smooth and so have a ton of other people, and then there's one thread where some guy said it happened to his friend. I feel like some confirmation would be good :< I mean it may be the default to refund store credit, did he make a ticket and say he wanted cash? Sometimes people are blowing stuff out of proportion. Like that guy who asked for a refund and it got refunded and paypal and though it was some sort of terrible thing that they do a refund through a bank account and it takes a couple days to clear. Going on like how it somehow seems like they aren't solvent and it's some sorta scheme. Put away the pitchforks for a second....

This is like when SS charge like a couple days earlier then normal and people start screaming THEY STOLE MY MONEY! I COULD BE MAKING INTEREST ON IT THIS HOLY **** THIS **** I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!

edit: the next day "I just ordered this thing with $300 in reward points so it's like I got it for $100 so it's a great deal! LOOK AT MY GENIUS AND MY COMPLETE LACK OF UNDERSTANDING WITH OPPORTUNITY COST".

2nd edit: If it's real and he can't get his money back, that's a serious problem. But a) don't take one guys word for it who isn't even the guy who got it. And b) I'm sure other people ordered this, does anyone else have a problem?

Reply from Anovos: https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=266055&page=2&p=4066606&viewfull=1#post4066606

Hey everyone,

So I can see why everyone is a bit riled up over this email. It is curiously worded, but I can say without hesitation that we stand by our golden refund policy and still do not waver from this. You will be receiving an email soon outlining an explanation for the confusion, but more to the point, you are certainly entitled to a full refund simply by hitting "reply" to that email and stating so.

To those who know me and begun to know, thank you for your patience these last few years. I promise you, it won't be for naught. As many have you speculated, we are growing and with that come the pains and the adjustments we make to rectify those issues. This year alone, we grew out CS, got a HUGE warehouse and increased our staff by nearly triple to meet your demand and well placed concerns. I am super confident we can now meet the demands but ask for just a little bit more patience as these new guys get in position. We do have slip ups but I am willing to wager, those will be become fewer...but it will still happen. Please let us know via Facebook or Live Chat when it does happen so we can get it logged immediately.

My apologies again for the confusion.

Also, on a personal note, it has been harder and harder for me to be here on the forums, both personally and professionally. As I discovered (or was ahem...told)is that this is a form of a "marketing" that has to be approved via official licensor channels. You all know how much I love being here as I've been an RPFer for over a decade now..(close to plural decadeS ), but I made the decision to not post anymore for fear of risk of exposing you all to unnecessary attention via "marketing approvals" process...

Secondly, with my son now two and my responsibilities with ANOVOS crazily growing, it was time for me to hang up my daily posting hat as there aren't enough hours in the day...literally (looking at you UK and China and your offset mornings with my late evenings). With that said, I've created a Facebook personal page I don't advertise, but its meant to break off the business side from my personal page. I would love to hear from you and catch up in that "personal" realm (under "Joe Salcedo" public page)

Thanks all and thank you for continued friendship and belief in us.

Joe or Jose...or Got Maul
Anovos Cofounder

Well v0v there you go... so the person most likely didn't even ask for a refund (if what anovos' is saying is true). It would be good if their default was a full refund instead of a store credit but I'm not really surprised. Especially as since the length of time since it was charged likely voided the normal refund options. Gotta love when people see something and immediately put 10x more effort into screaming bloody murder instead of a simple, logical, and normal response (assuming anovos will actually do a full refund, can't 100% take them for their word for it either).

What someone says versus what someone actually does. Big difference in my book.
For what it's worth, I'm still going to keep my preorders, but there's a couple of collectors that have reported filling out "refund" forms and have yet to hear back from ANOVOS.

What someone says versus what someone actually does. Big difference in my book.
For what it's worth, I'm still going to keep my preorders, but there's a couple of collectors that have reported filling out "refund" forms and have yet to hear back from ANOVOS.

That is true, but again back to what I previously posted. Seriously it's some guy who had a friend who had it happen to him with and he mentioned nothing of what he actually did. It's impossible to tell what's really up no matter which side really :|

I go back and fourth with my feelings for anovos. It seems they got too big for their britches too fast. I ordered my stormtrooper completed ensemble over a year ago, the timing is not a big deal to me. i will wait for a very nice quality product. i bought it on their one pricing so payed over 1200. I received it two weeks ago and I'm a small guy. I'm 5'7" and 145 lbs now if you check the site it says the medium will fit my size up to 6'3 or something like that. first off i understand that all the armor is one size fits all and the soft pieces are the ones they do in the different sizes. so soft pieces fit just fine, but man is the armor big on me to the point where i just look ridiculous. again something i can overlook as i planned on dressing a high quality posable mannequin anyway. but what i don't like is the ensemble came incomplete. it did not have the neck seal in the box, so i emailed them or sent a ticket (whatever they call it) and without any surprise i haven't gotten a response mind you it was sent two weeks ago. they say 5-7 business days to respond they also say only one ticket allowed and don't call as it won't help with your ticket times. the lack of customer service i cannot do. I work for a billion dollar food distribution company as busy as i am and my colleagues we answer our customers in a timely manner. mainly for peace of mind on the customers behalf. and nothing. You mean to tell me you have so many emails on a daily basis that it is taking you over two weeks to get to mine and then you limit my amount of tickets i can make. I'm very close to asking for a full refund and sending it back a this point. i can deal with a lot as i am a patient person but the lack of communication is not cool. in addition i know this was modeled after the original and made with ABS plastic and such.the originals were not well made. i am also aware that this piece is not a premium but it is very rickety. almost to the point where the helmet an be compared to a halloween costume at a costume store. Idk i just don't know, there are so many things i was interested with this company but i am so hesitant and will be holding off for the time being. just my to cents

I go back and fourth with my feelings for anovos. It seems they got too big for their britches too fast. I ordered my stormtrooper completed ensemble over a year ago, the timing is not a big deal to me. i will wait for a very nice quality product. i bought it on their one pricing so payed over 1200. I received it two weeks ago and I'm a small guy. I'm 5'7" and 145 lbs now if you check the site it says the medium will fit my size up to 6'3 or something like that. first off i understand that all the armor is one size fits all and the soft pieces are the ones they do in the different sizes. so soft pieces fit just fine, but man is the armor big on me to the point where i just look ridiculous. again something i can overlook as i planned on dressing a high quality posable mannequin anyway. but what i don't like is the ensemble came incomplete. it did not have the neck seal in the box, so i emailed them or sent a ticket (whatever they call it) and without any surprise i haven't gotten a response mind you it was sent two weeks ago. they say 5-7 business days to respond they also say only one ticket allowed and don't call as it won't help with your ticket times. the lack of customer service i cannot do. I work for a billion dollar food distribution company as busy as i am and my colleagues we answer our customers in a timely manner. mainly for peace of mind on the customers behalf. and nothing. You mean to tell me you have so many emails on a daily basis that it is taking you over two weeks to get to mine and then you limit my amount of tickets i can make. I'm very close to asking for a full refund and sending it back a this point. i can deal with a lot as i am a patient person but the lack of communication is not cool. in addition i know this was modeled after the original and made with ABS plastic and such.the originals were not well made. i am also aware that this piece is not a premium but it is very rickety. almost to the point where the helmet an be compared to a halloween costume at a costume store. Idk i just don't know, there are so many things i was interested with this company but i am so hesitant and will be holding off for the time being. just my to cents
That's unacceptable on their part.
GL getting this resolved and please keep us updated.

Anovos' problem is they keep releasing new preorders while their other products are not finished yet. I suspect they keep doing preorders to get that cash inflow because they are running out of money and without it would be forced to file bankruptcy, but that is just my opinion.

Back