Another Marvel? I thought this was Star Wars season!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not really sure the point of this thread. Marvel is thriving and Star Wars is having a bit of a struggle. I think we all know that. Hot Toys goes where the money is, but in spite of how some like to act we still have gotten a fair amount of Star Wars related figures this year.

You want a fanbase that’s good pretty much ignored look at DC. In spite of some hits recently they barely get anything. I think that The Mandalorian might revive some Star Wars love again and maybe we’ll see more from it or Star Wars figures in general as a result.

ST apologists are in such denial at the colossal fiasco this trilogy is. Lack of merchandising support at this point is not surprising. The #1 comment on the official YouTube trailer (meant for mainstream consumption) with 20K likes states they have no idea what this trilogy is supposed to be about - not a good sign. It had one job: to expand the the brand's customer base so Disney shareholders could make more $$$ and it failed to do that spectacularly. Not only have these movies failed to attract new customers to the brand, it has actively marginalized long time SW fans. Every new character is an archetype of a typical Hollywood gender or racial stereotype (Finn is the worst racist caricature of them all; a token loud-mouthed Black man for comedic relief whose only role is to support the flawless White savior Rey). No wonder no one is interested in buying merch based on them. I'd rather buy a HT Jar Jar and little Annie two-pack complete with Bantha pudu accessory before any ST character soils my shelf of overpriced dolls.

One really has to be in awe of the gross incompetence and mismanagement of Star Wars by Disney. The unkillable franchise now lies on its death bed and TROS will be the final nail in the box office coffin. SPOILER ALERT: At the very end of TROS "Star Wars dies":

Ah ****. Here we go again.

I honestly believe that Lucas sold because he realised that the sequels were always going to be darn near impossible to make and didn?t want the hassle.

He knew the eu (which I loved) was a monster and he would get so much grief from the fans.
I wish the sequels have either been the thrawn trilogy or set after the time of Luke and leia. They could have still done a luke or Leia stand-alone

He probably sold it because fans wouldn?t stop complaining about everything endlessly. And look, we?ve learned nothing.

"It's just a movie about space wizards for kids"
"I enjoy them"
"It made billions at the box office"
"When is Poe coming out"

Apologists really need new material. Sad they don't see how perpetuating racial and gender stereotypes in Hollywood movies is a massive cultural problem especially when aimed at children or why others take issue with sh***y storytelling using beloved characters like Luke.

What?s wrong with you? People like the movies, get over it. If you?re still this angry years later you need a hobby.

What?s wrong with you? People like the movies, get over it. If you?re still this angry years later you need a hobby.

Ah ****. Here we go again. What?s wrong with you? People hate the movies, get over it. If you?re still this waiting for a HT Poe years later you need a hobby.

He probably sold it because fans wouldn?t stop complaining about everything endlessly. And look, we?ve learned nothing.

Isn’t that rather the point ?
He knew it was a poison chalice took his 4 billion and exited
Unlike dc or marvel who can get away with constant reboots he knew Star Wars fans would hate that and gtfo.

For the record. The new films aren’t good in my opinion. They’ve made money but I think they could have made a lot more.
But I choose to regard them as not my canon. That’s my choice as a fan. If you lie them - good luck to you.

Isn?t that rather the point ?
He knew it was a poison chalice took his 4 billion and exited
Unlike dc or marvel who can get away with constant reboots he knew Star Wars fans would hate that and gtfo.

For the record. The new films aren?t good in my opinion. They?ve made money but I think they could have made a lot more.
But I choose to regard them as not my canon. That?s my choice as a fan. If you lie them - good luck to you.

The point is that Star Wars fans will hate stuff no matter what. And then they?ll end up loving it. And move onto hating the next thing.

If you don't like the new movies according to some you are a "hater", a "troll" and belong to the "toxic fandom"... In any movie I watch, no matter if Star Wars or not, I want a good script, good directing and good acting. Sequel trilogy didn't have much of those alas. A lost opportunity

If you don't like the new movies according to some you are a "hater", a "troll" and belong to the "toxic fandom"... In any movie I watch, no matter if Star Wars or not, I want a good script, good directing and good acting. Sequel trilogy didn't have much of those alas. A lost opportunity

The problem is it wasn't just a bad movie that you could like or dislike. Kennedy and Johnson desecrated the OT in the process of making a horrible film. If it was just a bad unaffiliated movie or trilogy nobody would care.

The problem is it wasn't just a bad movie that you could like or dislike. Kennedy and Johnson desecrated the OT in the process of making a horrible film. If it was just a bad unaffiliated movie or trilogy nobody would care.

OT will remain OT, no matter what some people might try to do with it. At least for me.

I’m not sure I would say desecrated.
I think any sequel is risky. The terminator, predator, aliens and robocop franchises all suffered from. Multiple returns to the well with some good and terrible results. Star Wars is no different.
That said I understand that feeling that the new ones destroy all that was achieved in the ot. Hence I ignore them.

Fandom definitely hasn’t got a good reputation now but I also think there’s a lot of virtue signalling and people trying to make bad guys out of anyone who criticises the new stuff.
I don’t care whether the character is human alien man woman etc. It’s whether the writing is good and the acting works.
Look at all the grief Hayden got for a Anakin.

Back