Another Marvel? I thought this was Star Wars season!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the sad part is that if it centered around luke han and leia we would have went crazy. that synergy is what made the ot so special. The focus was too centered on rey, kylo, and finn instead.

I didn't even need it to be all about them, but to just have them start or be behind the action of newer people would've been fine. This ****ing idea of one movie per character (TFA - Han, TLJ - Luke, RoS - Leia) is sooooo stupid. Instead of doing what they act like they're doing, moving on from the characters, they're dragging them out. It wasn't their fault Carrie Fisher died, but they shouldn't have spread them out like that.

It's gutting that the big 3 never shared a scene together. Such a massive blunder. The first mistake was Luke going into hiding, something he would never do. It leaves such a rotten taste after the happy ending of ROTJ.

Yeah seriously, like I know some people hate fan service, but that would've been amazing after all these years, I mean just a scene. That's essentially the most killing part of it, especially since Fisher is dead. Just an incredible wasted opportunity.

So did Han and Leia’s relationship having fallen apart.

I honestly didn't have a problem with them being separated, that's pretty believable given Han's character.

Now, where are these TROS reveals! I think there is credence to the point people are making that HT are waiting to see what sticks on the wall after TROS.

I’m at least hoping for Rey and Kylo Ren. I think there’s also a shot that we’ll get Poe and C-3PO. I hope there will be more releases after the movie comes out.

And what exactly is that point again? After two full movies there doesn't seem to be one.

I'm speaking in general terms of a sequel trilogy. And yeah, I agree there's no 'point' in the lead up to TROS made painfully evident by the return of the Emperor.

facts dont care about your feelings.

"It's just a movie about space wizards for kids"
"I enjoy them"
"It made billions at the box office"
"When is Poe coming out"

Apologists really need new material. Sad they don't see how perpetuating racial and gender stereotypes in Hollywood movies is a massive cultural problem especially when aimed at children or why others take issue with sh***y storytelling using beloved characters like Luke.

Sequel Trilogy was a BRILLIANT idea! I mean, come on - you can't have enough great Star Wars!

The problem was poor execution, and re-hashed story-telling.

Honestly would have preferred Lucas continued his story, and after the Skywalker Saga had been told, THEN turned it over to Disney, who could have then safely added new characters or taken minor characters such as Cody, Rex, Boba, etc. and made all new stories.

Real problem was Lucas sold too soon, probably because he was worn out by all the Star Wars fans.

Roddenberry is loved by Star Trek fans for being creative. Lucas is hated by them for the same (yeah okay, in fairness Lucas always had his campy side - right from the opening of Star Wars when the droids crossed through a hallway in the middle of a battle without getting so much as a nick from a single laser bolt).

That fan made "Lucas" reveiw was hilarious - maybe it's the stuff George wished he could have said - "You don't have daddy to kick around any more!" Maybe his selling to Disney was his revenge on all the Star Wars fans for being a little too full of their own opinions against him (as if ANYONE knows Star Wars better than the guy who created it! That's truly hysterical.)
I honestly believe that Lucas sold because he realised that the sequels were always going to be darn near impossible to make and didn’t want the hassle.

He knew the eu (which I loved) was a monster and he would get so much grief from the fans.
I wish the sequels have either been the thrawn trilogy or set after the time of Luke and leia. They could have still done a luke or Leia stand-alone

I honestly believe that Lucas sold because he realised that the sequels were always going to be darn near impossible to make and didn’t want the hassle.

He knew the eu (which I loved) was a monster and he would get so much grief from the fans.
I wish the sequels have either been the thrawn trilogy or set after the time of Luke and leia. They could have still done a luke or Leia stand-alone

Lucas should have made not being able to use any of the original trilogy cast a condition of the sale. I would have preferred that the last time we see Han and company be the OT. Not a fan of seeing the old people in the current films.

Lucas should have made not being able to use any of the original trilogy cast a condition of the sale. I would have preferred that the last time we see Han and company be the OT. Not a fan of seeing the old people in the current films.

I don't mind that we see the old characters in the new films, the problem is how they used them. They made them become space clowns. Sad.

It was simple. Do a brief introduction, show han luke and leia, get nostalgic, then have them turn things over to new characters. The new characters set off on a mission and boom, they get an instant rub from the big 3. Maybe it includes their children, who we all wanted to root for. Did anyone want the solo child being a bratty murderer? Didn?t we want to root for their kids? We didn?t need the empire 2.0.
Everyone had a different idea of what should have been. They couldn?t please everyone. Nobody wanted a carbon copy. I?m glad some people liked the st and I hope the mando show is great.
For me, Star Wars ended on Endor. This is all fan fiction and cheers to those who enjoy it.

For me, the only way to save the st is to end the movie in whatever fashion, then show Han Solo sleeping. Luke wakes him up and han tells him, ?I had the worst dream. Thank the force I got that vasectomy on Endor.? Roll credits.

Another Iron Man is released, and I'm just sitting here waiting for my (now 5th time) delayed Deluxe Endor Luke...

No TROS reveal yet but regular release Sith Trooper is turning up in HK. Production pics on Hot Toys FB page.

We've all been blessed by Hot Toys though...
giphy.gif

Back