Anime poll on SS website

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darklord Dave said:
Looks like they're going to be bringing in more Medikrap. Yay! I save money.

I figured it would be more medicom. Oh well, more money for other stuff i guess.

Alice Adrenochrome said:
Yes, there are lots of good choices there in that poll! And guess what? There are even more to choose from out there!!!!!

To be honest, I like Anime much more than Marvel, always have, always will. But Since SSC is an American company, It is more or less 'natural' that they concentrate on Marvel. But why Marvel, and not DC? Is that character/series related, or was it just easier to get the Marvel licences?
DC comics is owned by Warner Bros. DC comics has it's own in house specialty manufacturer DC Direct. Marvel originally didn't own a merchandising company and licensed Marvel statues though Bowen and the like. They eventually had a mass market manufacturer that was Toy Biz; which has now changed to Marvel Toys. They also make some limited specialty stuff like toys through Marvel Select But most statues are made by other manufacturers.

DC Direct simply doesn't want to share anything specialty market with another company, they want to do it all themselves which is why they riped off the Premium format idea from Sideshow.
I'd like to see Sideshow 1:6 DC stuff too, but as long as DC Direct exists all we can hope for is that they fix the scale issues with their 13" figure line.

Alice Adrenochrome said:
So would I! I have a, no, in fact I have two, MIB Bandai Kaneda & bike from 2004. They are not 1/6 scale (more 1/12 scale), and the Kaneda figure has almost no articulation at all. But the bike has some movable (and removable) parts. Very accurate representation of Kaneda's bike.
To give you an idea:
https://www.negatendo.net/kmc/en_us_toys.htm
I second that, but, with the high quality material Medicom is releasing, do you really think SSC can compete? I'd love them too (would probably make our collectors habits less expensive!) but, if SSC really tries to do something with Anime, PF is their strongest medium. But, will it sell? I don't know if I'm ready for Anime statues in the $300-$400 price range. I still have to concider the LotR and SW PF lines. Even if I'm not a completist in the LotR and SW PF lines, it is very likely that SSC manages to make a PF that I cannot resist, and will have to spend cash on.
There have been three 1:6ish scale Akira figures made by Medicom that were extremely limited and now are impossible to find. They made Akira and I think Tetsuo and a cop. I'm hoping that the new license is Akira and Medicom will be re-releasing them like they did to the Rocketeer and hopefully produce a Bike.
PF figures are being done on the Final Fantasy video games, so there is a market for PF Manga figures out there.
There is the new Manga/Anime area which has to be a new Sideshow license and not just an Medicom Import.

screamingmetal said:
There have been three 1:6ish scale Akira figures made by Medicom that were extremely limited and now are impossible to find. They made Akira and I think Tetsuo and a cop. I'm hoping that the new license is Akira and Medicom will be re-releasing them like they did to the Rocketeer and hopefully produce a Bike.

Medicom did 3 figures for Akira and sold them at Summer WonderFest 2000. They are-

Kaneda- LTD to 300pcs
Soldier "Otsu"- Ltd to 150pcs
Soldier "Kou"- Ltd to 150pcs

It has been the wish of fans that Medicom produce more AKIRA figures but it's rumored that Otomo and someone at Medicom got into some kind of Argument thus is why Medicom was granted the license to only able to sell the AKIRA figures for only 1 day and never again.

There has been other 1/6 AKIRA figures produced by Volks. They did a resin kit for a 1/6 Kaneda Bike as well.

COWBOY BEBOP haha actually it's a close one for me... between this and vampire hunter D, now that was the ****!!

I still hope one day I can obtain this figure...

Medicom stylish collection (knock'n on heaven's door version)
spike1.gif

spike2.gif

spike3.gif

spike4.gif

oh maybe this one too, but this one I can still get.. but I'm not a HUGE fan of lupin.
lupin3.gif

lupin2.gif

lupin1.gif

Last edited:
I'm probably in the minority here.... but I'd love to see them do something with Naruto, which they probably won't because they merchandise the hell out of it with the few statues, crappy 4" figures, and the overabundance of plush stuff. I've been a big fan of the manga and now the cartoon. Again, I know its just wishful thinking.

Also would like to see Hell Girl (Jigoku Shoujo) collectibles.

I've discussed this with Tendou countless of times, but I'd die if Medicom get the liscence to make RAH Rurouni Kenshin Figures.

SAITO!!

carbo-fation said:
Same here! I like them all! My favorite anime, however, is NOT listed on the list, but my top choice would be to Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Fullmetal Alchemist and then Ghost in the Shell.

I really hope sideshow starts to make some anime figures/statues! That would be plain awesome! :D
DUDE could you imagine a PF Vash!!!!! OMG!!! hell yes!!!

P!tu I agree with you on two accounts:

1. a PF vash would rock
2. I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOUR SIG, I LOVE THE WORK HES DONE FOR THE MGS SERIES.

Wooter said:
I'm probably in the minority here.... but I'd love to see them do something with Naruto, which they probably won't because they merchandise the hell out of it with the few statues, crappy 4" figures, and the overabundance of plush stuff. I've been a big fan of the manga and now the cartoon. Again, I know its just wishful thinking.

Also would like to see Hell Girl (Jigoku Shoujo) collectibles.
DUDE Naruto SS staues would kick ass!!!! imagine a VS dio with sasuke, naruto,sakura vs Orochimaru!!!

snakebeater said:
P!tu I agree with you on two accounts:

1. a PF vash would rock
2. I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOUR SIG, I LOVE THE WORK HES DONE FOR THE MGS SERIES.
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hes awesome!!!! Harry + Metal Gear = Orgasam!!in my ear!!! plus almost all of hes scores are awesome to!!!

Scarlet said:
I've discussed this with Tendou countless of times, but I'd die if Medicom get the liscence to make RAH Rurouni Kenshin Figures.

SAITO!!
Shishio!!!! Enishi!!!! hell yes!!!

p!tu said:
Shishio!!!! Enishi!!!! hell yes!!!

Dont get me started on the Characters.

But Saito, Kenshin, Sanosuke and Aoshi are a MUST. They have to make these characters.

Then it's the Juppon Gatana and Jin-e udo. Enishi and his gang would be sweet!

Scarlet said:
Dont get me started on the Characters.

But Saito, Kenshin, Sanosuke and Aoshi are a MUST. They have to make these characters.

Then it's the Juppon Gatana and Jin-e udo. Enishi and his gang would be sweet!
:monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 I want all of them!!!!! i cant tell you how much i love these series!! from the music to the story!!!!

The RAH Rurouni Kenshin line is the only line that I can say truly I'll get them all. :cool:

As mentioned in SF, you guys need to watch Black Lagoon & Black Lagoon The Second Barrage.
Just love Levi, the tattoed kick a** chic & Eda the nun in killer sunglass too.
Levi.gif

piccolodaimaoh said:
We all know there is one Anime series that deserves high-quality, high-end collectibles that both Sideshow and Medicom can produce...

DRAGONBALL Z
BROLY!!!!! Yes!!!!! Supa Saiyajin 3 Goku!!!lol I love DBZ!!!

Anespian said:
As mentioned in SF, you guys need to watch Black Lagoon & Black Lagoon The Second Barrage.
Just love Levi, the tattoed kick a** chic & Eda the nun in killer sunglass too.
Levi.gif

I am a HUGE fan of Black Lagoon, Especially Revy :monkey5

I wish there was more stuff available for her. I only have 4 kits, a Revoltech, a statue and another statue on the way. Need MORE REVY!!!!!

Back