Animated Boba fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jlcmsu said:
My regular should be here today. I'd like to have a black and white one but since it will be damn near impossible. I have no interest.

Not impossible Josh, just expensive :lol

So the animated Leia's are shipping out then? Good to know. I guess I better find out from my dealer when is mine shipping out.

Boba Fett said:
So the animated Leia's are shipping out then? Good to know. I guess I better find out from my dealer when is mine shipping out.

The Distribution for the Leia's is all over the place. Depending on what dist your dealer is getting them from. Diamond has shipped what they had already and we will start getting ours in towards the end of next week.

Got my Boba Fett from Razor's Edge last week, and my Leia will be coming from...

Godfather.jpg

And then it's back to Razor's Edge for my monochrome Boba Fett.

chewiebwcp6.gif
chewiebwcp6.gif
chewiebwcp6.gif

This piece is brilliant. Even if you don't get into the whole line and get all the rest, the Boba Fett maquette is a great stand alone piece. If you have even the slightest love for Fett and/or the animated style, then you will enjoy this one.

And, of course, if the Godfather offers you a fish...

I got my Boba today and it's great.

I never realized just how cool the cape and wookie scalps looked blowing in the wind until I got the piece.

It's awesome but not as good as my CW Obi-Wan. :D

jimmyjamesf said:
I am offering a fish here

When the godfather offers you da fish. You take da fish!! :lol

Got mine yesterday. Very nice!! I won't be getting the whole line but Fett was totally worth the purchase.

I'd get it, but too many other priorities right now. I even cancelled the Vader. Think these'll be tough to get in 6 mo-1 year? I really just can't jump in this boat at the same time I'm trying to get into PF's for the first time,Wii, X-Mas and other things building up this has to wait. It does look cool.

I was against this line to begin with. Just another stupid re-hash of SW characters that didn't need to be made. Then they go and through the worthless B&W versions out there as well, I have no love for GG as a company anymore.

I still think they put out some great items, namely the busts, but I'm done with anything else GG.

I received my Fett today. I would be happy except it's marred by a poorly done patch job right in the middle of his chest plate. :monkey2

I have Fett, Leia's on the way, and I've got all the others pre-ordered, and at this point I intend on collecting the entire line. GG has finally hit on a line that I truly love and am looking forward to collecting. The busts and statues are fine, but these just tickled my fancy. I love the concept of creating our beloved SW characters in an animated style.

Of course now GG is turning every other line they make into animated maquettes, LOTR, Pirates...who knows what else in the future. Which is a bit disappointing. And as far as rehashing the same characters in different lines, well, what company doesn't do that? I guess it's to appeal to as many collectors' tastes as possible.

I got mine yesterday and think it looks terrific! This is actually my first piece from GG. I've just held back for some reason. Bought the Fett purely because of the look of the Leia. She looks so 70's Sci-Fi kitsch. Cna't wait to get her.

Thanks for the link. $80?!! I don't think so. Who are they kidding? I just grabbed one off ebay for $50. :chew

Boba and Leia are all I'm getting. Just a couple opf accents for my DVD shelf.

PosterBoyKelly said:
I'd get it, but too many other priorities right now. I even cancelled the Vader. Think these'll be tough to get in 6 mo-1 year? I really just can't jump in this boat at the same time I'm trying to get into PF's for the first time,Wii, X-Mas and other things building up this has to wait. It does look cool.

Its hard to say but they are making so many of these now I highly doubt you will have a hard time find one.

I know I know great sales pitch LOL

My two cents--you want one that is factory sealed. Boba is fragile. Don't buy one on eBay that has already been displayed, because it proably won't be returned to its original packing with all of the ties and stuff protecting it exactly how it originally shipped. The cape and braids will break off when they ship it to you after putting it back in the box. If you do get one a year from now, make sure it is still in its original packaging.

tomandshell said:
My two cents--you want one that is factory sealed. Boba is fragile. Don't buy one on eBay that has already been displayed, because it proably won't be returned to its original packing with all of the ties and stuff protecting it exactly how it originally shipped. The cape and braids will break off when they ship it to you after putting it back in the box. If you do get one a year from now, make sure it is still in its original packaging.

That is a good point Tom the breakage rate on these could turn out to be quite high which would then make it much more rare. Simliar to what Lord of the Rings Collectors found with the Moria Orc Swordsman.

Yeah, this guy is fragile. I couldn't keep him boxed despite a small lack of room because I was afraid he would break. This one is a must open when you get it.

Back