Ani-Com HK Expo 2011 - Hot Toys Batman Begins Exclusive Figure Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The "Friend" 10th Anniversary figure is being sold by Alter Ego... so my guess is something odd is going on with those exclusives.

I think it'll be new exclusives but i'm an optimist
I wouldn't consider myself an optimist, but the evidence makes me think this won't be a re-release. HT posted about the new Iron Man as well as Begins and P2 figures being sold in Asia. First, strange to associate one new figure with two older ones. Second, no Beat It or Friend. Why only one 10th Anniversary release being sold there? Third, Guardian seemed to be the most popular of last year's exclusives. If that's the P2 figure being re-released, then why no T-1000 as Sarah Connor?

Of course it will be a New Figure - they said it will be , god i don't remember how many pages ago , well whatever it is its gunna be a Batman Begings figure so i'm pumped .

They said they would "unveil three exclusive items," not that they would necessarily be new (though you would assume that they would be. . .unveiling an existing figure to be re-released would be the epitome of lame).

Man this is getting depresing. Im just about to pay for a Scarecrow/Batman Demon figures.

If its a new figure, I would bet on Gordon. Mattel just came out with theirs. So any potential likeness issues they may or may not have had with Harry Potter is now settled. Plus HT has said how boring suit figures are, so that would tend to make me think he'd be an exclusive since he is 'so boring.'

This is part of an interview taken last year to Howard Chan, president of Hot Toys...

Q: On specific characters from movie licenses, will Hot Toys produce Commissioner Gordon (Batman), Iron Monger (Iron Man), Jill Valentine (Resident Evil)?

Howard: Yes. We have always planned to make Commissioner Gordon; initially we were informed that the actor (Gary Oldman) was not so supportive of the idea but our current understanding is that there is no such obstacle either from him or the main licensor so yes I can say that at some point we will be releasing a Gordon figure.....

If its a new figure, I would bet on Gordon. Mattel just came out with theirs. So any potential likeness issues they may or may not have had with Harry Potter is now settled. Plus HT has said how boring suit figures are, so that would tend to make me think he'd be an exclusive since he is 'so boring.'

It would be so amazing if Hot Toys released this 2-pack just like Mattel did during this year:

batmanbeginsprototypegordon.jpg

They said they would "unveil three exclusive items," not that they would necessarily be new (though you would assume that they would be. . .unveiling an existing figure to be re-released would be the epitome of lame).

:nono DO NOT ATTEMPT to apply logic to the discussions here! :lecture:lecture:lecture:exactly:

If Hot Toys makes Gordon I wont buy it but if HT makes Ras then Im not sure.

Last edited:
Gordon, Ras or Bruce...anything would be great as long as its not a re-release.

I don't think I would buy gordon personally. I don't display bruce, or harvey, so it would seem alittle weird in my collection.

I don't think I would buy gordon personally. I don't display bruce, or harvey, so it would seem alittle weird in my collection.

Gordon is normally seen with Batman, so I'm not sure I agree with your reasoning. Personally I hope it's a rerelease of the Batman/Scarecrow. I would rather a new figure get a normal release. I'm sick of these region exclusives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back