ANH Luke

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had forgotten about the PPO until just a minute ago, but I went to the site and got it ordered in about 10 seconds. However, I'm not thrilled with the price increase at all.

Yeah, the board is/was slower that Sideshow's site :lol

I had enough rewards points saved up that I was able to completely cover the cost, so I only have to pay for shipping, which is great because I am fully against this price increase. He does come with a lot, but not $70 alot, plus he is the 4th Luke so I wasn't entirely crazy about another Luke so soon.

I'm really starting to fear the upcoming price of armored figures now. $70 was what I as expecting when Jedi Luke was $50, but now, I have no idea.

Who was the crazy person who said that SSC's Vader would probably be $80 or so? :rolleyes:

It's now official: The price of a 12" Luke figure (non-armored) has gone up 40% in 2 years.

Got mine, and had some points to spend, but:

"**Please note - since you used Points on this order, you will not receive points for
placing this order."

I didn't know that....ah well...

Yeah, I got hosed by that fine print also, when I order the Sidious/Palpatine pack. I didn't notice until AFTER I had the order placed. Missed out on a lot of points, and I only used enough to save about $11.00! :mad:

Price increase doesn't bother me, it's still reasonable and affordable and allows me to collect the line, and I think with the increases, quality has gone up as well.

Meta, I think you mean Old Ben.

Who was the crazy person who said that SSC's Vader would probably be $80 or so? :rolleyes:

It's now official: The price of a 12" Luke figure (non-armored) has gone up 40% in 2 years.

I was one of those people that said it would probably be $75-$80. It's pretty clear now that if and when the armor comes, it'll be $100 or more.

Maybe at Medicom prices, they'll be able to dust Medicom completely. I have no problem with a figure that price if it's actually worth it.

Ordered mine.

In respect of the price increase - haven't LFL recently upped their percentage on the licences? Added to this the weak dollar and the cost of oil and the fact that SSC need to make money I don't think a price increase is unexpected.

The first few figures were most likely loss leaders in any event to get you hooked.

I think that the price we've got now is about right and will likely stay that way. Uncle George gets his pound of flesh and SSC make a few bucks too, we get more cool figures. Everyone's a winner.

i think the armor figures, if they ever come out, will be in the price range of hot toys.

My guess at this point is $119-$129. And that's if we get him within the next 12 months.

I bet your almost right on the money will that guess!

I passed... (might get the regular) At this point I need to be very picky since the price increase. :monkey2

Ordered mine.

In respect of the price increase - haven't LFL recently upped their percentage on the licences? Added to this the weak dollar and the cost of oil and the fact that SSC need to make money I don't think a price increase is unexpected.

The first few figures were most likely loss leaders in any event to get you hooked.

I think that the price we've got now is about right and will likely stay that way. Uncle George gets his pound of flesh and SSC make a few bucks too, we get more cool figures. Everyone's a winner.

... except us. We pay more for less.

Back