ANH Luke

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official SS 1:6 ANH Luke Skywalker Photo Thread

Looks great to me, just needs a repaint. I am sooo much happier with the tunic. At least now I know it can be weathered and will retain wrinkles, which it needs to look more accurate.

This figure seems to have turned out acceptable but I don't see the reason for the DRASTIC price hike. I understand the concerns with oil and materials like plastic but these prices are getting out of hand. Soon SideShow will be asking $190.00 for these guys. It seems like yesterday when SideShow figures sold for $29.00

Some better lookin pics from RS

2660957654_ea4cf96bd3.jpg

2660958220_c736b79867.jpg

2660958416_389f0b323e.jpg

2660958912_49114d71d0.jpg

2660130255_c893d1bc68.jpg

2660958014_e108f7c995.jpg

Interesting. Even with nicer photos this figure just isn't really working for me. I see very little Mark Hammil in the production piece, much less so than say Jedi Luke. That and the tunic really take away any significant appeal this figure had. That's surprising because even with ANH Han's issues I still liked the final result. I'm looking forward to seeing Luke after a repaint. I know the sculpt was fantastic but so far I'm just not seeing it.

Last edited:
Because the hair of luke is blond and not green , and the shirt is simply horrible !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! stop guys , sell what they show !!!!!!!
nothing more ........that's why i ask jesus chavez !!!!!:lol:lol

No I was just confused by the way made your comment,that's all.

Yeah he does look pretty bad compared to the Proto.SS needs to stop with the shenanigans.

I agree. I don't see Mark Hammil at all in there.

I think if you were to repaint the eyes, and make them more open, it would look better. If you put Tatooine Luke's squinty eyes on Jedi Luke and take Jedi Luke's wide open eyes and put them on Tatooine Luke, you'd be set.

I wouldn't call him "horrible" at all. It's a decent enough figure, but he is definitely disappointing, especially from what was shown and promised when we ordered him. And for $80!

I know Krayt has alread re-posted it ad naseum, but Sideshow really should probably regret posting this:

As you can see from the substantial costume and accessory list, we have set out to give Star Wars collectors the most comprehensive and iconic version of Luke Skywalker ever released in 12-inches! WE HAVE SPARED NO EXPENSE in tooling and fabrication to bring you the absolute best and most detailed Luke that we can offer, despite the rising cost of manufacturing overseas.

IMHO, from the tunic alone it is quite clear that they did not live up to this statement. That's why I for one am disappointed. :(

I' very much hope in my pre-order of obi clone , please sideshow don't touch his face and cloth !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Please!!!!!!!!!

Thing is though, people assume they've failed to meet that statement because the end result doesn't meet their expectation.

Just because the final figure isn't exactly what was expected, doesn't mean it didn't get Sideshow's best efforts to produce the best ANH Luke figure they could. The head's painted just like the proto, maybe even a little bit better, so they hit the mark there, everything else but the tunic seems to have turned out as planned, and the final result with the tunic may have been the best they could do. Without knowing every fact of the making of this figure, it can't be said that they didn't live up to their statement.

Thing is though, people assume they've failed to meet that statement because the end result doesn't meet their expectation.

Just because the final figure isn't exactly what was expected, doesn't mean it didn't get Sideshow's best efforts to produce the best ANH Luke figure they could. The head's painted just like the proto, maybe even a little bit better, so they hit the mark there, everything else but the tunic seems to have turned out as planned, and the final result with the tunic may have been the best they could do. Without knowing every fact of the making of this figure, it can't be said that they didn't live up to their statement.

Bingo! Just a lot of opinions and not much in the way of facts being tossed out.

:D
I wouldn't call him "horrible" at all. It's a decent enough figure, but he is definitely disappointing, especially from what was shown and promised when we ordered him. And for $80!

I know Krayt has alread re-posted it ad naseum, but Sideshow really should probably regret posting this:

IMHO, from the tunic alone it is quite clear that they did not live up to this statement. That's why I for one am disappointed. :(

yeahh it was a really disappointing , but the accesories, pants, boots are good

hey maul , i understand the effort of people of sideshow, but i want someone to explain to me , becouse they do not deliver what they showed !!!!!:confused:

Back