ANH Luke

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
still on the fence. i'll maKE MY DECISION WHEN I GET mine in hand. I'm not too hard to please, i happen to like my Yavin luke ( granted, he was free) afterall.

I think the outfits have improved since Jedi Luke. Not that they where that bad to start. There continues to be the lack of issues as we move along. Yes, there are blips but less and less for everyone to gripe about. As far as sculpting Trev is great as is Tim Miller but Mat Falls is pretty damn good himself.

This figure shows the lack of progress made by Sideshow since the line started. We've now had 4 Luke figures, and of the three most recent, none is better than the orginal Jedi Luke. That's the one I have displayed and I cant see me replacing it with Farmboy Luke.

I know there are a couple really good cut and sew freaks (beside SS's own Kevin Ellis). Estel is very good and there is another one in the custom section who made a bunch of Doctor Who clothes who is obviously very talented.

The more and more i look at it, it looks good but just doesn't look "high end" to me. Like i said before some of these SS SW figures just look like suped up hasbro dolls. Han and Luke might be decent, but if you ask me SS has dropped the ball twice in a row now.

"As you can see from the substantial costume and accessory list, we have set out to give Star Wars collectors the most comprehensive and iconic version of Luke Skywalker ever released in 12-inches! WE HAVE SPARED NO EXPENSE in tooling and fabrication to bring you the absolute best and most detailed Luke that we can offer, despite the rising cost of manufacturing overseas."

:(

Re: Official SS 1:6 ANH Luke Skywalker Photo Thread

Some better lookin pics from RS

2660957654_ea4cf96bd3.jpg

2660958220_c736b79867.jpg

2660958416_389f0b323e.jpg

2660958912_49114d71d0.jpg

2660130255_c893d1bc68.jpg

2660958014_e108f7c995.jpg

Right on Les! I was just going to say that! The Hasbro 12" Luke tunic has a better feel and drape than what I see in the SS pics. I don't know if the sleeves will be long enough but I'd love to see someone take a pic of the SS Luke with the Hasbro tunic. Also, has anyone tried the Hasbro Stormtrooper belt on the SS Han or Luke yet? If so, pics please.

Regards, BMARZ1000

Here's a comp:

SSLuke-ANHLuke-HasbroLuke.jpg

Looking at this great comp pic from Wor-Gar, I'd agree about the look and quality of the Hasbro one vs the SS one except the Hasbro one might be a little bulky. (One thing I find interesting is looking at the production still, the pants are lighter than the tunic!) I also like how the Hasbro tunic runs a little longer down the waist. I also hope that there is enough material on the belt to punch another hole if necessary to get it slung a little lower on his waist...

I tried swapping out that awful SS gown of Leia's with the Hasbro one and while the quality was better (the construction and material used), it was a little baggy on her.

Still, I may try the Hasbro Luke tunic on him just to see.

With the pics so far, I'm liking the leggings and the sculpt, but the hair still looks way too dark (seems to be a continuing trend with this line) but I'll reserve judgement until I have him next week.

First thing Im doing when I get mine is removing that button. Then futzing him and putting him with the rest of my ANH crew.

I think he looks awesome. The tunic is better than I thought, and the hair never bugged me too much. Worse comes to worst, add a few more highlights the same color as the ones he has already. The comparison shot on this page doesn't convince me that it's a whole lot darker than his hair really was. If the base brown is lighter than the Han and Leia figures, I don't see any issue at all.

I'll have mine Thursday. I think it's $70 well spent, and I can't wait.

This figure IS awesome! I don't think you guys will be disappointed. The hair doesn't bother me much and the tunic isn't that bad. This has easily become one of my favorite Sideshow figures. Lots of posing and displaying options. Definitely worth the money!

As I mentioned over at RS, watch out for the peg that you attach the droid caller to; you can easily pull it off or break it off if you're not careful.

Awesome pics Carrot! Monday can't come soon enough. :blissy

This figure shows the lack of progress made by Sideshow since the line started. We've now had 4 Luke figures, and of the three most recent, none is better than the orginal Jedi Luke. That's the one I have displayed and I cant see me replacing it with Farmboy Luke.

Lack of progress? Or maybe how good they were from the start? But I disagree, Jedi Luke had a couple of flaws - the arms and the head appears overlarge. I think Bespin Luke did improve substantially on Jedi Luke.

i just cancelled.
not cuz i dont like him. i think he's great. but i got some unexpected expenses lately. im so sad.:monkey2 im thinking of cancelling everything i got on preorder except gandalf and the HT batman stuff.

im more upset over the home repairs that it looks like i need to have done. but i'll live.

I hear ya Craw...had the same kind of bad timing when the hobbits shipped last month and had to cancel.

Considering how things are really going to be tightening up for most everyone as the year progresses, I'm wonderin' how many more I'll have to hold off on as winter descends and many of the things I have on order are coming in the fall....we'll see.

Meanwhile, hope you can pick him up later, Craw...

Back