ANH Luke

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Josh gets mad at me for not cancelling and gets mad at Qui-Gon Fishing for cancelling and then gets mad at me again for calling him an apologist.

"It suggests that the seller will not show the original product or product advertised but instead will demonstrate a more expensive product."

Seems about right, even though I don't necessarily think it was intentional or malicious. It is what it is. Its a lesser quality tunic.

If Sideshow didn't give you the opportunity to cancel (with no fees I might add) then maybe you could call it bait and switch.

Josh gets mad at me for not canceling and gets mad at Qui-Gon Fishing for canceling and then gets mad at me again for calling him an apologist.

I honestly don't give a rats behind either way. If people are that unhappy with it cancel and go about your business. So you can cancel and I'm fine or not and I'm fine. Thats the beauty of it all. :lol As far as the apologist thing I'm not and I know that but some will always think I am. Which again is fine. :lol

If Sideshow didn't give you the opportunity to cancel (with no fees I might add) then maybe you could call it bait and switch.

Thats true. Its not technically a bait and switch. Its just that to get the point across you have to exaggerate a little. Like when Josh gives everything a 10 from SSC to say that he likes it.

Here's a thought-- and I'm just spitballin' here... But maybe we should wait until we have some in hand pics to look at before we call the fig a complete write-off.:lol

I think the big words saying Prototype pending approval would in any court of law get the bait and switch case thrown out. That right there says this is not final product.

I honestly don't give a rats behind either way. If people are that unhappy with it cancel and go about your business. So you can cancel and I'm fine or not and I'm fine. Thats the beauty of it all. :lol As far as the apologist thing I'm not and I know that but some will always think I am. Which again is fine. :lol

Oh...you're fine with it...

What was the point of the last five minutes you spent then?

Here's a thought-- and I'm just spitballin' here... But maybe we should wait until we have some in hand pics to look at before we call the fig a complete write-off.:lol

That's what I'm saying! Although,I have to say I fear what will happen once pics are seen, using flash, no flash, good light bad light....taken on a Thursday versus a Friday!:rotfl

I just don't accept this excuse though. Other companies don't do this, or at least to the extent SS does.
SS should at least have the type and color of fabric nailed down before showing the proto. I can understand a slightly better paint job but not the fabric changing.

This is why I think it's that Sideshow is tripping on itself because of how it has to do things having their facilities split the way they do. Hot Toys and Medicom can offer the consistency because it's easy for the head guy to be more hands on and access to materials is all different.

I am still not buying that all these other companies are showing prototypes.

I'd almost consider that valid, except Hot Toys products in several cases have turned out better than the prototype, as well as the fact that just as limited as Sideshow figures, if not possibly more, still take a while from Hot Toys and Medicom. I think Medicom actually has a longer proto to production lead time than Sideshow. I'll bet it's early 2009 before anyone receives the Medicom Ep3 Anakin and Han Solo, but the prototypes are done and being shown off, regardless of no preorders yet.

:lol :lol :lol

It doesn't even make me mad (if it isn't a very shapeable material that will annoy me) I am actually still quite excited for it. :joy

I'm with you, the color is no issue for me, nor is the weave. So long as the material is waited or whatever it takes to get it to lay nice on the figure, that's the biggest factor, if it's another ANH Leia like that, then the tunic material becomes an issue.

Thats true. Its not technically a bait and switch. Its just that to get the point across you have to exaggerate a little. Like when Josh gives everything a 10 from SSC to say that he likes it.

See thats the thing you don't have to exaggerate to get a point across. You can simply and logically state an opinion but we all know you're quite incapable of that. As far as me giving everything a 10 we know thats not true.

I think the big words saying Prototype pending approval would in any court of law get the bait and switch case thrown out. That right there says this is not final product.

What's that? Logic at work? See Prog you can state something without exaggerating.

Oh...you're fine with it...

What was the point of the last five minutes you spent then?

Its called discussing.

Last edited:
Who needs to see the actual figure!:rotfl

Yeah. I heard from a friend who read off the Freaksboard about someone in California that saw the pics of the actual product on a Chinese website of a colorblind photographer that used a fisheyed lense to photograph the backside of the figure in the dark.

It totally sucked!

Yeah. I heard from a friend who read off the Freaksboard about someone in California that saw the pics of the actual product on a Chinese website of a colorblind photographer that used a fisheyed lense to photograph the backside of the figure in the dark.

It totally sucked!

Was your friend able to see if the arms were too long for the incorrect tunic?:monkey3

I'm actually more annoyed that Sideshow never even addresses issues like the ANH Luke tunic. A simple "We screwed up, here's why, and we're sorry" would have done wonders for me. Instead, I get nothing, an $82 pre-auth and await a nice Luke figure witha Hasbroesque tunic. And I'm just supposed to bend over with a smile on my face, I guess. THAT is what chaps my Irish hide. :mad:

Back