ANH Buckets

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice! Prefer those over the regular decals. After a coat or 2 of gloss they’ll just blend right in. Any estimated shipping date on these?

Here’s the list of paid up members that Will posted back in dec 2017 :

ZE_501 (6) Fully Loaded
Adam (4) Fully Loaded *no decals
d.r.37 (2) Fully Loaded
mancutd (7) Fully Loaded
OhHellNo (1) Fully Loaded
Agoinstes86 (3) Fully Loaded **revised
Scottjua (2) Fully Loaded

As far as I can see this is the most up to date list of members that have paid up front for their buckets.

Ok, here we go....I’m limited on bonus helmets. So I’ll fulfill what I can until I can cast more variants.

First up; ZE and ADAM.

Ok, here we go....I’m limited on bonus helmets. So I’ll fulfill what I can until I can cast more variants.

First up; ZE and ADAM.

WOOO!! Thanks Solo. Your work and stress is forever appreciated. Can’t wait to get to work on these!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yours going out tomorrow, ZE and Adam.

72EE2184-9691-4EA1-BB61-43588C85B9B4.jpg

03856AC1-45C2-4FB2-B853-D778A75F3F92.jpg

Top picture was all of the casts...bottom picture was first package. I’m sending the junk speaker mics. You have to piece the good ones together and throw out the ones with bubbles. My original speakers tips were casts and they had bubbles, so I casted imperfections.

As soon as I cast the good mics I can send more if you like. I provided 3 extra helmets..one regular, one move along and one low-brow. The lowbrow has a couple bubbles..easy to repair with export.

Top picture was all of the casts...bottom picture was first package. I’m sending the junk speaker mics. You have to piece the good ones together and throw out the ones with bubbles. My original speakers tips were casts and they had bubbles, so I casted imperfections.

As soon as I cast the good mics I can send more if you like. I provided 3 extra helmets..one regular, one move along and one low-brow. The lowbrow has a couple bubbles..easy to repair with export.

Amazing. I've been looking for a screen-accurate stormtrooper action figure since late 2011. Once I have those helmets trimmed and painted up, it's finally done. Please use the fastest trackable method available to you and let me know what I owe you for it.

As soon as these arrive, I get to work!

Forgive me for having a spotty memory, because this must have been discussed -- has anyone had luck matching the white on the Hot Toys stormtrooper paint job? What are you guys using for paint-ups on your helmets?

Forgive me for having a spotty memory, because this must have been discussed -- has anyone had luck matching the white on the Hot Toys stormtrooper paint job? What are you guys using for paint-ups on your helmets?

I’m using Tamiya Pure White, which is gloss. It’s a liittle too white at first, but after a day or two it changed color after it dries really well and I’m unable to see a difference from the Hot Toys color. I also use a grey primer. I have been unable to determine is using a white primer changes the color of final white. I think more paint is required with a grey primer which seeems to impact detail.

ADAM, I accidentally added water decals, but I think you’ll want them, they look fabulous.

On the Sandtrooper you’ll need to use something to add yellow wash. I use Tamiya detail kit and wet my finger and rub it on the Tamiya paint that hasn’t completely hardened to match it closer to the Sandtrooper color. Then I add black soot for my flavor of screen accuracy...it’s not for everyone I know.

First up; ZE and ADAM.

Haven’t checked in for a few days due to work. This is amazing news Will, thanks again for all your perseverance & hard work. These will be my winter project, finally I will be able to attempt building my “Grail” screen accurate ESB stormy! Cannot wait to get started :yess: We’ll all have to post our efforts on here so that we can learn from each other’s mistakes and triumphs. Looking forward to seeing what other people can achieve with these beautiful things!

I’m using Tamiya Pure White, which is gloss. It’s a liittle too white at first, but after a day or two it changed color after it dries really well and I’m unable to see a difference from the Hot Toys color. I also use a grey primer. I have been unable to determine is using a white primer changes the color of final white. I think more paint is required with a grey primer which seeems to impact detail.

ADAM, I accidentally added water decals, but I think you’ll want them, they look fabulous.

Are finished helmets an option?

Don't worry about getting an exact match to the white Hot Toys Trooper armor plastic. The original helmets were painted with gloss white paint onto the khaki HDPE plastic. The armor parts were pulled from ABS plastic. If you want your figures to be as close to screen accurate as possible, there is supposed to be a slight difference in color between the helmet and armor.

Haven’t checked in for a few days due to work. This is amazing news Will, thanks again for all your perseverance & hard work. These will be my winter project, finally I will be able to attempt building my “Grail” screen accurate ESB stormy! Cannot wait to get started :yess: We’ll all have to post our efforts on here so that we can learn from each other’s mistakes and triumphs. Looking forward to seeing what other people can achieve with these beautiful things!

Gents, can you send me your address, I don’t see it in PayPal.

W

How are you guys planning on painting them? Airbrush, spray can, or regular brush? I'm assuming using a brush would leave unsightly marks, but I don't own an airbrush. Might be time to invest in one...
How did you paint yours again, Will?

I used Tamiya spray cans...grey primer (sanded smoothe), then Tamiya pure white sparky can.

Back