ANH Buckets

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So beautiful...
giphy.gif

Yeah, while I have found some good green tinted plastic (even green vitamin bottles work well, though they only work for the flat lense variety,) I agree with tworiverz about Tamiya paints. I used some smoke and other translucent paints and they really do look very convincing for lenses.

And I need to stay our of this thread until I can buy a few of these helmets. These pics are just too good.:gah::lol

Please stay in this thread...I’m not even taking orders until later. Your words (everyone on this thread) inspire and encourage me to continue to try new things, take initiative and get what we wanted.

Adam, yes. I’ve been using Tamiya paint. Grey surface primer and then Pure White TS-26. I’ve been using aerosol cans, as I don’t have a good air brush system. You’ll get better results with the Air brush. I’m a little impatient..but I plan on getting a nice air brush later.

I also use Tamiya Rubber Black for the band, speaker and speaker mic tips, TS-82.

As far as cutting the eyes out, that was my biggest issue for letting you guys down. A lot of them can be. A lot can’t as the way I was doing it caused resin to glob to one side. But on this new run I am rotocasting, so it spreads the resin out nice and evenly a lot of the time. So on many I have cut the eyes out, on most of my sandtroopers I did this. I painted the eyes on the Stormtroopers with Tamiya gloss black mixed with bright green..it came out nice. A lot cleaner than cutting the eyes out...but again I was impatient.

Here’s some photos with plastic eye lenses. I painted the inside of my epoxy putty plastic cover that holds it to it’s cardboard back. It was already curved, so it laid easy into the eye sockets on the inside of the helmet. I taped the back of the plastic painted lenses to prevent the paint from scratching off, then I taped the lenses to the inside of the helmet with surgical tape...my secret weapon.

Thanks for the info Will :wink1:

I recently found this pic I’ve never seen before..these look a lot like the helmets and bodies of our customs. They almost look looks Marmit bodies to me....but these are almost what it looks like with the new helmet.

4FDA7D3D-7C86-4379-90BB-17281ED30207.jpeg

05535E03-C9B4-4419-9560-24A8C3AB7973.jpg

Great pics Wil.

I received mine and popped it onto the HT body. (Still need to add the mic tips).
I can't understand why we, the fans, can produce such an accurate helmet with minimal resources and finances but no licensed toy manufacturer has been able to capture the accuracy of the ANH helmets. With all the access to 3d scanning props, we should be seeing near perfect versions of these characters coming off the production line. Your Jazzinc dioramas with all the Troopers is stunning!

Here's my lonely Trooper. LOL.

20180915_145950.jpg

Great pics Wil.

I received mine and popped it onto the HT body. (Still need to add the mic tips).
I can't understand why we, the fans, can produce such an accurate helmet with minimal resources and finances but no licensed toy manufacturer has been able to capture the accuracy of the ANH helmets. With all the access to 3d scanning props, we should be seeing near perfect versions of these characters coming off the production line. Your Jazzinc dioramas with all the Troopers is stunning!

Looking good! Have you started shipping out, Will?

Great pics Wil.

View attachment 426824

That’s looking brilliant. The paint is done very well. I put a little future floor shine on mine to protect paint and from finger print dirt, as well as to give an extra shine. Really fantastic job! Noce work, Chris.

If you want some mics, let me know.

Looking good! Have you started shipping out, Will?

Zahad, I haven’t heard from my guy..i was going to crash his shop this weekend and see if he produced more. I was hoping to switch out first run with second...but he needed to get the bubbles out of the casts. I want everyone to be able to cut eyes out easily...if they prefer.

[...]haven’t heard from my guy..i was going to crash his shop this weekend and see if he produced more. I was hoping to switch out first run with second...but he needed to get the bubbles out of the casts. I want everyone to be able to cut eyes out easily...if they prefer.

Nice. Anticipation is killing me, these look...perfect. :lecture

Awesome photos irezumi. Those look fantastic. Like a guy in a suit, absolutely love it.

I went by the shop this weekend, this was all he produced;

B6E82622-F082-4340-A0E7-1ED9F50F6681.jpg

He didn’t produce any speaker mics, so I’m going to have to do it because he’s in LA until the 24th.

So I can send 2-3 shipments this week without the besrbsoeaker mics. First orders go out first.

Fully agreed! So many of your shots look like they could be guys in costumes, Will!
I just need to make sure to finish my ANH Vader in time, so I can start on these right away once they arrive. Really pumped to have a proper ANH display.

View attachment 427077

He didn’t produce any speaker mics, so I’m going to have to do it because he’s in LA until the 24th.

So I can send 2-3 shipments this week without the besrbsoeaker mics. First orders go out first.

Yes yes yes, can’t wait for these beaute’s

Daaaamnnn....those look delicious. Let me know what shipping/tracking costs and I'll send you the funds for postage right away. Refresh my memory, you were including the decals with these?

Back