Angela Premium Format figure Reveal!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not going to be able to pass on this once. Exceptional looking. :clap

This may just get me to pre-order Gamora (which auto-correct tried to substitute with Gatorade :lol). I wasn't sold on her as a stand-alone piece, but these three look great together.

1125x682-banner-1125x682_previewbanner_Angela-PF-1.jpg

I guess I shouldn't be surprised at this announcement since scantily clad females are Sideshow's bread and butter, but every time they announce a new Marvel PF that isn't Magneto I have to wonder what they're thinking.

So Disney literally requires that onesies be put on their female statues to make them more modest than their comic book counterparts? That's absurd, especially since kids can purchase the comics and only adults can afford the statues.

So Disney literally requires that onesies be put on their female statues to make them more modest than their comic book counterparts? That's absurd, especially since kids can purchase the comics and only adults can afford the statues.

Emma Frost wasn't wearing a onesie.

the little mermaid is half naked, same with jasmine.

I don't buy the whole "oh its Disney", Hasbro still releases characters like Black Cat with cleavage after the whole Disney acquisition. Obviously this went thru approvals.

Marvel-Legends-Black-Cat-Review-pink-boobage.jpg

I guess I shouldn't be surprised at this announcement since scantily clad females are Sideshow's bread and butter, but every time they announce a new Marvel PF that isn't Magneto I have to wonder what they're thinking.

Magneto has been so needed. After all this wait we need a Premium Format, Life Size Bust, and a Maquette vs Wolverine all to be released at the same time.

I don't think the Disney purchase has made any difference as far as this stuff goes. Marvel and Lucasfilm both have their own licensing departments. Marvel's just isn't very consistent about stuff like sexuality. They made Bowen Designs cover up the breasts on their Goblin Queen statue, but they had no problem with Sideshow's latest Emma Frost PF.

i dunno, something about this piece just doesn't work for me. it's probably her outfit. just doesn't feel totally like angela as i know her.

Nothing has changed my mind about this piece. I still like it a lot.

However, I can see why some may have been swayed away from her. Even I keep wondering how she would look like if her loincloths were removed (not in a dirty way) ...just because part of me thinks that would make for a more comic accurate piece.

I don't think the Disney purchase has made any difference as far as this stuff goes. Marvel and Lucasfilm both have their own licensing departments. Marvel's just isn't very consistent about stuff like sexuality. They made Bowen Designs cover up the breasts on their Goblin Queen statue, but they had no problem with Sideshow's latest Emma Frost PF.

Sideshow producer Igo talked about this with Emma on the other forum on 9/27/14:

Tony Started the figure, it needed some work afterwards so Tim came in and tightened her up. Pascual did the base. Marvel came back and AD'ed the corset, and how much skin was showing where, so that's where Whitney came in. The corset "style" was their direction.

This piece wasnt easy to get across the plate, and she almost didnt even happen... it had a good start, but licensors back-and-forths and being overly sensitive to these being "all ages appropriate" delayed it's progress and stunted the momentum we had going initially.

Chances of a Jean Black Queen Variant are slim, and if she does happen, she'll be heavily altered.

Something about the expression on her face is missing.

Back