Angela Premium Format figure Reveal!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like Angelas character, but i agree there is something missing on this. For me I think its just mainly the head sculpt. After the great faces on Gamora, Captain Marvel and Dark Phoenix, this one seems quite odd. The paint app is great, but it is her facial expression i think which bothers me. For someone in an action pose swinging a weapon, there should be WAY more expression going on. A screaming face or at the very least a determined angry look or something like that. This face reminds me of the faces xm have had trouble in the past with 'vacant' expressions. (not bothering on arguing about xm). I just think it needs more expression for this to be great.

Have to agree about the expression on her face. Her pose is very action oriented but her face looks like she's standing still.

i really like her outfit. looks like armor an Asgradian would actually wear, i always cringed at the "metal bikini" while reading the comics. Todd Mcfarlane is not know for his compelling female character designs. These would have been my preferred outfits for her PF figure
DIG059295_3._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg p0L71vp.jpg 7f018fb1211b3442709cf95edb7bef83.jpg

but i'm still happy with what they went with. Angela looks kickass.

Just realized I'd forgotten to order Gamora, so went on the WL for the EX. The knife isn't a big deal but prefer to get exclusives whenever possible.

You jumped on the WL early enough. I think it's still possible to get the EX once this starts to ship .... you're fine.

I'm glad with the more modest clothing on these characters. I want something I can display proudly at any time. Not something I will have to hide/ tuck away every once in a while depending on who is in my home.

As for the faces, I definitely echo what others have said. Gamora and Angela look expressionless...which is a huge contrast to their poses. That being said, when I see Gamora, Cpt Marvel and Angela all together, it magically takes away my concern about the faces. I can't wait to own the entire set.

I'm glad with the more modest clothing on these characters. I want something I can display proudly at any time. Not something I will have to hide/ tuck away every once in a while depending on who is in my home.

As for the faces, I definitely echo what others have said. Gamora and Angela look expressionless...which is a huge contrast to their poses. That being said, when I see Gamora, Cpt Marvel and Angela all together, it magically takes away my concern about the faces. I can't wait to own the entire set.

I don't really agree that they are expressionless. When I look at the portraits they both have a tension in the brow that to me conveys controlled intensity and focus on the task at hand (kicking butt). But there is always going to be subjectivity in interpretation of things hehe. Anyway, I really like the portraits, really well done in my opinion.

So, it definitely looks like $500 is the new baseline. I just hope the photographer screwed up and she's not really that spray-tan orange.

I might have bought her if she was in her original outfit, but for $500, I'm not getting something that doesn't blow me away. Same reason I passed on Gamora--too much money for a version I don't like.

I want to like this but it just looks odd for some reason.. would need to see it in person I suppose, the image with her back showing looks pretty good but every angle from the front just looks strange to me. I think I prefer the Ex version better. But Gamora and CM are pre-ordered.

Pulled the trigger on Angela today at $500. But I couldn't pull the trigger on Gamora for $500. Don't know whether to regret that decision or not. Captain Marvel, Angela and Gamora would look good displayed together.

Back