Angela Premium Format figure Reveal!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful statue. Boring as hell base. Same as Gamora though. Hope you guys who order this enjoy it!

This is a really beautiful sculpt! I'm very impressed by this ....at SDCC and with these pics.

I can do without the leather covering her thighs and abs, but she still looks great. I have Gamora and Captain Marvel ordered. This will be ordered ASAP ...once work is done.

I never knew Angela was bought by Marvel. This is such a tease, I want a 1:4 kick ass Spawn so bad!

did mcfarlane sell this character to marvel?

Yeah it was Neil Gaiman who created her but him and Todd have had fisticuffs for years and that's why Spawn 9-10 are out of a lot of collected editions.

did mcfarlane sell this character to marvel?

from the wiki, I was just reading about this the other day,

In 1993 McFarlane contracted Neil Gaiman, along with three other recognized authors, Alan Moore, Dave Sim, and Frank Miller, to write one issue of Spawn. While doing so, Gaiman introduced the characters Angela, Cogliostro, and Medieval Spawn. All three characters were co-created and designed by series creator Todd McFarlane. The series continued to feature all of the characters after Gaiman's involvement ended. Some characters had tie-ins with McFarlane's toy company, and Cogliostro had a prominent role in the live-action movie in 1997. McFarlane had initially agreed that Gaiman retained creator rights to the characters, but later claimed that Gaiman's work had been work-for-hire and that McFarlane owned all of Gaiman's co-creations entirely, pointing to the legal indicia of Spawn #9 and the lack of legal contract stating otherwise. McFarlane had also refused to pay Gaiman for the volumes of Gaiman's work that McFarlane republished and kept in print. In 2002, Gaiman filed suit and won a sizable judgment against McFarlane and Image Comics for the rights due any creator. All three characters were then equally co-owned by both men. In 2012, McFarlane and Gaiman settled their dispute,[13] and Gaiman was given full ownership of Angela.[14]

On March 21, 2013, Comic Book Resources announced that Angela would be introduced into the Marvel Comics Universe as a major character later in the year, to coincide with Neil Gaiman's return to the company.[1] BleedingCool later confirmed that Marvel Comics had completely bought the rights to Angela from Gaiman.[15]

It was all basically an ideological argument with McFarlane, who was being a total hypocrite about creators rights. Gaiman had no interest in money or anything, he just wanted McFarlane to eat crow for being the very thing he railed against when he and the others were unhappy with Marvel.

After checking Gamora every day I just noticed new pictures with her companion piece. I'm so excited, I preordered Captain Marvel and Gamora already so Angela will make an incredible companion piece. I can't wait, these look insanely good!

Angela Po'd Day One

Bummer, Delayed

Thank you for your pre-order of the Angela - Premium Format Figure - EXCLUSIVE

We are working hard on your hand crafted item and wanted to update you on the arrival status of your item. We originally expected delivery of this item into our warehouse May - July 2017. However, with the updated information provided to us by our production team, this item is expected to arrive July - Aug 2017.

We apologize for the delay but we wanted to make sure we kept you updated on your item's status. Should you need to make any adjustments to your pre-order as a result of this information, please do not hesitate to contact our customer service team.

Bummer, Delayed

Thank you for your pre-order of the Angela - Premium Format Figure - EXCLUSIVE

We are working hard on your hand crafted item and wanted to update you on the arrival status of your item. We originally expected delivery of this item into our warehouse May - July 2017. However, with the updated information provided to us by our production team, this item is expected to arrive July - Aug 2017.

We apologize for the delay but we wanted to make sure we kept you updated on your item's status. Should you need to make any adjustments to your pre-order as a result of this information, please do not hesitate to contact our customer service team.

Just saw the message. I'm surprisingly okay with the delay. Got a lot of statues coming in so I would like a bit of a financial break in between some of them lol

I agree ...I'm ok with the delay, too. When I first saw the email, I thought they were saying it was going to start shipping earlier ...and I jumped. Then when I realized it was getting pushed to the right, I was relieved. Too many statues coming in already.

Just saw the message. I'm surprisingly okay with the delay. Got a lot of statues coming in so I would like a bit of a financial break in between some of them lol

I think most collectors would agree with you. The delay sucks, but hopefully it's for the better - and it's not too much of a delay from the original ETA.

Got an offer from sideshow to process the order early. They will process it on the 20th and ship her out.

Nice! Congrats!

Join the party ...I believe several of us have gotten emails that she will be processing September 19th. I got the email a few days back.

Back