Angel Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, how has the line suffered quality wise? The PF's they're producing are just as well crafted as other PF's. I mean look at Spike he's damn near perfect! The only faults so far in the line are the Original Buffy's Hair imo. The new Angel PF hasnt even been posted, all we've seen is a pixilated pic of the head and backside. I mean perhaps the lighting is pronouncing the foreheads wrinkles. Lets just wait and see.

Put down the pitchforks until we see the entire thing.:lol

I think, with this type of statue and the price of it, they shouldn't really on data used for 12" figures, they should hire someone to completely sculpt a new head for them, solely for this line.

Oh don't get me wrong. I'm speculating thats what they've done here. It may turn out thats not the case.

Even when they use a scan they still have to have a sculptor work on it. Add extra details, rework hair etc, and clean out areas such as the nostrils etc.

As they need a sculptor to work on these heads, then they need to find more suitable reference, as judging by what seems to be going on here, I'm not sure they're looking at the right sort of stuff.

Oh and as to the Spike PF, well if you want the honest truth he is lovely, but he has a few faults going on in him that I won't bore you with. Some of which are really silly ones, such as the belt buckle/belt being far too small, the shirt pattern is wrong etc, etc. Small details I grant you, but I ignored them as on the whole the figure looks great.

I don't want Angel to have anything less. I remember that when the Spike FP was released a few people complained that the the Duster was far too short, and in the end they did listen and change it. So I'm hoping that Sideshow will take on board any problems us 'hard core' find with this release as well, thats all.

Last edited:
BDboystoys said:
Ok, how has the line suffered quality wise? The PF's they're producing are just as well crafted as other PF's. I mean look at Spike he's damn near perfect! THe only faults so far in the line are the Original Buffy's Hair. The New Angel PF hasnt even been posted, all we've seen is a pixilated pic of the head, and who knows! Perhaps the lighting is pronouncing the foreheads wrinkles!

OK, I wasnt referring to these PF's. I was refering to Buffy/ Angel line as a whole. I mean, dont get me wrong, they arent terrible but if you look at 12" Willow for example, or PG Buffy. You compare them to the original photos shown or the photos on their boxes and yourll see what I mean.

Lucky for me, I'm able to repaint reletively well, so it makes no difference to me, but it doesn't mean it's not true.

willowswarlok said:
OK, I wasnt referring to these PF's. I was refering to Buffy/ Angel line as a whole. I mean, dont get me wrong, they arent terrible but if you look at 12" Willow for example, or PG Buffy. You compare them to the original photos shown or the photos on their boxes and yourll see what I mean.

Lucky for me, I'm able to repaint reletively well, so it makes no difference to me, but it doesn't mean it's not true.

Concerning paint, nearly every product produced by SS pales when compared to the proto, particularly with 12" figures. Its not just the Buffy/Angel lines that have that issue.
The willow fiasco was an individual freak thing and cant be concluded that the whole lines in general are neglected or not cared about when producing collectibles.
The Buffy line had a good run for 12" figures with many quality products, but they're never going to be the money makers Star Wars Licenses are.

The Buffy line had a good run for 12" figures with many quality products, but they're never going to be the money makers Star Wars Licenses are.

Of course not, but is that an excuse for letting them not do a good a job on these as they do on a more popular line?

sueworld said:
Of course not, but is that an excuse for letting them not do a good a job on these as they do on a more popular line?

Thats what Im saying, SS DO do just as good a job with the Buffy 12" line as with any other 12" line. If you take away Willow and possibly Faith/PG Buffy then the line is consistently strong and features many many figures.

I'm not sure that I should feel encouraged or depressed for Sideshow standards at hearing that! :lol

sueworld said:
I'm not sure that I should feel encouraged or depressed for Sideshow standards at hearing that! :lol

Well I agree, there was no excuse to the Willow fiasco, when the original sculpt was so perfect and it was never clearly adressed by SS as to how it altered so badly. Faith was just a mediocre sculpt and with PG Buffy, some didn't like the rooted hair. But just as the Buffy line have had afew mishaps, so have every other line. The SW line, SS's most popular and money maker have also had problems, including broken arms, bad paint apps, avg sculpts and the like.
We Buffy fans arent special in that way!:lol

BDboystoys said:
Thats what Im saying, SS DO do just as good a job with the Buffy 12" line as with any other 12" line. If you take away Willow and possibly Faith/PG Buffy then the line is consistently strong and features many many figures.

I agree, except for Willow, Faith and maybe Subway Spike, the Buffy Angel collection is excellent and abundant. I wish they went on with it.

Did any of you realise that he's wearing a jacket in the preview? I wasn't able to see it because the picture seemed too dark on my monitor but now i have lightened it and he has a jacket

untitled1copyzp4.jpg

Yeah, but that jacket shot would still fit in with a back shot of that promo photo I posted.

I'll be very surprised if it didn't.

I just dont want them to make a Victorian Angel. I hate when he wears that stuff and he looks stupid so this PF should be fine as long as they fix the face problems.

Well even though I know it would never be made, I'd love a 'fanged four' style Angel as seen in Darla and Fool for love'.

Despite the dodgey wig I thought he looked great myself.

Angel doesn't look too bad to me. Again like some of the other folks have said that first image is grainy. The portrait reminds me of the Angel of season 3: not too wan and seasoned. I sound like I am describing a entree here.

The problem with the sculpt is all of the wrinkles on the forehead, and the old man neck. Fix those and it would be spot on, but they're not gonna change the sculpt at this point. I'm sure it'll have a rockin' exclusive vamp head though.

The problem with the sculpt is all of the wrinkles on the forehead, and the old man neck. Fix those and it would be spot on, but they're not gonna change the sculpt at this point. I'm sure it'll have a rockin' exclusive vamp head though.

I think the wrinkles could be changes at this point. They changed Buffy's hair and they took one year to release the Perfect Spike, so I don't see why they couldnt take some time to fix that. If they eliminate the wrinkles or make them less noticeable, we will have a Perfect Angel, at least from my point of view. I am really excited about this statue and will be in line to get the exclusive.

Oh, and I have a doubt, do you think he'll fall into the Buffy part of the license or the Angel part? Will they write ANGEL or Buffy the Vampire Slayer on the box?

Back