Angel Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I edited the picture a bit to try make it clearer

untitled1copyqe9.jpg

Ok, from that image, he doesnt look bad at all. The wrinkles have to go, i mean, when David frowns, he does have these lines, but not with this expression. The neck looks kind of weird, but it depends on how is head is turned, he could be facing away, turning his head, resulting in its defined look.

All i ask is that they fix his hair. It should be thinner at the sides, getting wider as it reaches the top and the top of the hair should be triangular.

It just appears that everything on his face is drooping, especially around his mouth, eyes and chin, which is making his look older.

Despite that, i think i will have to Order. BUT i would really love a leather jacket...please Sideshow, PLEASE!

Wayne

Ok, dont shoot me, but i went on photoshop and tweaked him a little, just to prove that this figure has the potential to outshine even spike.

Ok, so i put the image into photoshop. I changed the skintone to be more fleshy then pink. I then smoothed out the wrinkles on his forehead and smoothed out the crease on the top of his nose a little. Then i smoothed out the lines either side of his mouth and nose, again not completely, just a little.

I also got rid of his sagging neck, just at the side. I also darkened his lips a little too

BUT the main thing i changed was the hair. I got a photo of david, cut his hair off and put it on the figure, now i know that a sculpt wouldnt be as accurate but you can see for yourself how much the hair is throwing the likeness off.

So here he is

PFangelfix.jpg
untitled1copyqe9.jpg

I also went a step further and added a leather jacket. Again, i know the real thing wouldnt be this accurate. but you must admit, this is the Angel we all know and love.

PFangelfixleatherjacket.jpg

So things that need fixing- in my eyes are:

• Wrinkles in forehead
  • Saggy face and neck (minor)
  • Skin Tone
  • HAIR (Most Important)

If he turns out anythink like this, ill buy him instantly
Wayne

Last edited:
Wow Wow Wow, that is AWESOME willowswarlock, you are such a magician. I'd love to see Angel be made that way. But again, I just don't care about the leather coat. GREAT WORK. Sideshow, pay attention.

As I said elsewhere, a lot better, but his eyes still need tweaking. He still looks terribly cross eyed, the poor thing. :eek:

As I said elsewhere, a lot better, but his eyes still need tweaking. He still looks terribly cross eyed, the poor thing. :eek:

As I said, the cross-eyed look could be result of the size of the picture. I'm sure it won't be a problem when we see the prototpe pictures. I just hope I'm not wrong!!

Oh and I forgot about the hair, it'd be perfect if it looked that way, but I think that's a difficult task to make.

Wow Wow Wow, that is AWESOME willowswarlock, you are such a magician. I'd love to see Angel be made that way. But again, I just don't care about the leather coat. GREAT WORK. Sideshow, pay attention.

thanks
Also, if the head looked like this, the outfit wouldnt bother me.
Its just the hair that needs improving. It HAS to be like that in the photo. That makes Angel. PLEASE Sideshow :monkey3

Also, i saw this on DeviantArt. The hair can be done, look at this, this type of sculpt would be perfect on this Angel

This figure is by MeadowKnight- I dont own it

Dean_Winchester_Figure_by_Meadowkni.jpg

Wayne

I love the hair in that sculpt. So it could be actually done, I thought it's be nearly impossible. Again, Sideshow take note. Oh, and is that Dean from Supernatural, because if it is him, it's such a great sculpt.

Ok, dont shoot me, but i went on photoshop and tweaked him a little, just to prove that this figure has the potential to outshine even spike.

Ok, so i put the image into photoshop. I changed the skintone to be more fleshy then pink. I then smoothed out the wrinkles on his forehead and smoothed out the crease on the top of his nose a little. Then i smoothed out the lines either side of his mouth and nose, again not completely, just a little.

I also got rid of his sagging neck, just at the side.

BUT the main thing i changed was the hair. I got a photo of david, cut his hair off and put it on the figure, now i know that a sculpt wouldnt be as accurate but you can see for yourself how much the hair is throwing the likeness off.

So here he is

PFangelfix.jpg

I also went a step further and added a leather jacket. Again, i know the real thing wouldnt be this accurate. but you must admit, this is the Angel we all know and love.

PFangelfixleatherjacket.jpg

So things that need fixing- in my eyes are:

• Wrinkles in forehead
  • Saggy face and neck (minor)
  • Skin Tone
  • HAIR (Most Important)

If he turns out anythink like this, ill buy him instantly
Wayne

He looks much better with the hair and wrinkles smoothed out. I don't care about his coat though because he looks good in either coats. As i said i have a poster of him on my wall and he's wearing that coat and to me he's still Angel

looks good that way but not the coat. I like the one he has on. Hey for the exclusive maybe we can get the naked Angel where he came back in season 3. :devil

Last edited:
I know that I am in the minority here but I like what I am seeing with the Angel PF. Looks like the Angel who had no compunction to burn Darla and Dru to a crisp in season 3 of Angel than the forlorned Vamp who broke Buffy's heart in Seaon two of BTVS. The PF looks like he's "ready to chew gum and kick ass" as Roddy Piper so eloquently put it in "They Live." and like the Piper Angel looks like he's out of gum.

Still I appreciate the fact that those who don't like the PF are vigorously expressing their opinions. Keeps the folks at SSC honest.

Hope SS will do some tweaking. Spike is so far the best PF. The eyes, hair, and forehead wrinkles needs to be fixed. The hair is from the 1970's! I just hope SS will listen to fans and do what they normally don't do, which is do a little prototype adjustment for the better.

All the photoshopping in the world can't save this PF if that preview pic is what it really looks like. Of course, you could display it backwards so you can look at the cool sword.

agreed.
I can't believe how accepting of such an apparently disappointing product people are. I know we all love Buffy but to have to photoshop a publicity photo (which is taken to hopefully entice us into buying this and SHOULD look as good as possible) to make the figure look more like both what it should and what we want is not cool!

Do it right! This costs $250-$300.
Not "chicken feed, babe...!" (points if you get THAT obscure reference!

;)

I'll wait for pics from SDCC before I shoot this one down. I guess I'll pre-order it without using my rewards points, just to be safe. I can't imagine having a collection of BTVS PFs on display without Angel, though.

I would hate to buy this one and then see them release an "alternate" version that has a more appropriate outfit.

Never one to shy away from a Photoshop challenge, I was fiddling with some of the more sophisticated enlargement tools I have, and I came up with a larger, reasonably clear version of the thumbnail in the podcast.

angel_pf1.jpg

Then, following willowswarlok's example, I added David's real hair, cleaned up the wrinkles, and made a slight adjustment to the eyebrows.

angel_pf2.jpg

This looked pretty good, but I couldn't help but wonder if the fact that it is real hair might make it look "off", so I was curious. I took the hair from the City Of 12" figure and added it to the PF.

angel_pf3.jpg

One thing I noticed in all three is that, with more clarity, most of the face and neck don't look off at all.

Thats a lot better! His eyes still look rather on the crossed side though.

Not to ruffle any feathers but I like what I see with the Angel PF. I am not being a shill for Sideshow or a gullible "accepting" dupe who will take what he can get. I dig the older look. Sure in later seasons of "Angel" Boreanaz let the hair and the waistline grow a bit. Nevertheless I found the Angel of season 3 a lot more interesting as a character than he was previously portrayed in the first two seasons of the show (and with the exception of its second season perhaps all of BTVS).

I guess what I am trying to say here is that I like what I see because of where my taste lie wqith regard to the chracater of Angel. I compare this subject to someone asking himself who was his favorite X-MEN artist growing up as a kid (Byrne or Lee? Art Adams or JRJ.?) or MST3k Host to listen to as an adult(Joel or Mike?). There really is no wrong answer. It's mainly a question of taste.

Those who want the Angel of the First seasons of both BTVS and Angel (From what I gather from the posts in the thread this group is the majority) are disappointed so far with what they see in the PF. But for those few who might have liked Angel in the last three seasons of his series this PF could appeal to them.

All I am saying is that this narrows down to apples and oranges and
unfortunately in this instance there's only one type of fruit. Who knows with any luck the folks at SS might get wise and add a variant younger Angel head as an exclusive. But more than likely there wil probably be an alternate edition in the future.

Back