Angel Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nobody's torching the building just yet. OK, maybe we have them in hand, but they ain't lit yet!

We do definitely need to see more pictures, but the one thing that is clear, that no picture could be misrepresenting, is the lack of a leather coat. That will really hurt the piece in the long run.

You see this is what I think of when I imagine Angel....

angelalleywayxc2.jpg

The above is a promo from season 1 of Angel, where he pretty much looked how he did on Buffy.

I can understand why they have chosen to do a very early version of Angel, and thats so he would fit in with the season one Buffy they've done, but I just don't think that particular choice of outfit, and that more aged face fits correctly, thats all.

I hope we get to see more images of him at the next Sideshow event.

Yeah. That's Angel! Maybe they wanted to make him different after the two 12" that was very similar. But I wouldn't have mind as long as he doesn't wear leather pants. That's Angelus. This casual look I like. If they wanted to go for a early Buffy look they should have him with the leather jacket he gave to Buffy.
Maybe after most of us have bought this one, they will announce a limited edition, like Buffy, with new hair, leather pants and his jacket cut off to make a t-shirt.:rotfl

Thanks Sue for posting that Angel pic :eek: ... otherwise I'd be screaming to know what in the hell Sideshow used to base the PF on. :confused:

Boy, is this a disappointment. I was really hoping for a Angel PF that usd the Angel series as a basis for the figure, not yet another obscure promo session from the early Buffy days. Aren't PFs supposed to be THE iconic version of the characters they represent? So many questions....

What gives, Sideshow?

Who makes the decision on what photos to use for these things, anyhow?

Geez, why on earth would you forego the commonly held look of Angel in favor of the obscure?

How do you think the decision to go with a WAY less known version of Angel will impact sales?

Is this another low ball attempt of Sideshow (like their decision to give Buffy that simply black leotard) to produce a PF at a lower cost?

This Buffy PF line is quite a roller coaster for me. I sold my original Buffy because she just wasn't quite what I wanted her to be. I then canceled Spike shortly after, because without Buffy I don't really want Spike. Then the production pics of Spike hit and I have been checking Sideshow's site almost hourly and have almost ordered him several times because he looks amazing, and I figure I'll get the "new" Buffy from a dealer or on ebay or second chance later. Then this pic of Angel hits and I can't possibly order Spike or Buffy now until I see what Angel is really going to look like.

Such dilemmas! :lol

ok that is just crazy and you dont know for sure if buffy will be on second chance so dont hold onto that thought and I doubt this one will be. Here is what I tell myself "you only live once so if you want something then get it" go for what you want and when angel comes out you change your mine just sell them.

I'm sorry, but even after seeing the promo shot, the coat looks like a peacoat. ANGEL's older brother joins the merchant marines...

I think of Angel I think leather blazer or 3/4 leather blazer. And the face is totally awful. Looks like Abe Vigoda...

Oh well, my Buffy PF will be alone...

NOTE TO SIDESHOW ....... PF ANGEL OUTFIT NEEDS CHANGED TO EITHER THE ONE ABOVE OR WITH THE 3/4 LENGTH LEATHER JACKET!!!!!!!

Seriously you guys. All this complaining and you haven't even seen the whole thing. :google Give it a chance at least geeze. I bet some tunes will be changed when they reveal more than this fuzzy little preview picture.

I think the reason that people are b*tching now is to try and get it changed if possible. What good is waiting? Once it's done, it's done. Remember people b*tched alot about the original PF Buffy with the crazy flip up hair? They toned it way down for the final figure and it looked much better.
It will be interesting to see if the 2nd Buffy had the Groucho Marx eyebrows thinned out at all.
The point is, these figures cost serious coin. They should be as good as possible.
Why are they using some photo for reference from some publicity shot where he's wearing something he pretty much never wore in the show..?!?!

I think people are being too picky or fussy. I think his outfit is fine. I have the poster when he weraing that coat on my wall and i think he looks sexy in it. As for his forehead and wrinkles they could be sorted but his whole face? I like it. He looks much more hansome when his face got more defined and not when he were young

Slayerverse98 said:
I think people are being too picky or fussy. I think his outfit is fine. I have the poster when he weraing that coat on my wall and i think he looks sexy in it. As for his forehead and wrinkles they could be sorted but his whole face? I like it. He looks much more hansome when his face got more defined and not when he were young

Ok, i get what your saying about his face getting better as he ages, which is definately true, in bones, he looks great, BUT he doesnt look like this.

this is a photo from bones season 1, he looks almost identical to how he did on Angel, except his hair. Look at the picture, no forehead wrinkles and his head doesnt look compressed!

dbphotooi9.jpg

As for being to negative, we are all fans, we know and love the character, and we spend lots of money on this type of thing, why should we have to settle for below par statues?

These are some photos of him out and about recently, he looks great, nothing like the sculpt. Im just wondering why they seem to base all figures on david when he wasnt at his best- the beginning of Season 5?

Heres the photos, sure he looks a little older, but id take a sculpt of him here, over this sculpt anyday

https://www.slayerverse.org/svggaldeluxe/details.php?image_id=37635

https://www.slayerverse.org/svggaldeluxe/details.php?image_id=37641

Im just praying that they will change the sculpt. Even if they got David in for a scan now, it would look better than this one. He has no apparent wrinkles on his forehead like the sculpt :(

Wayne

I don't know I for one would prefer Angel in outfits from the TV shows not from a few publicity photos no one has hardly even seen

Murderofcrows71 said:
I don't know I for one would prefer Angel in outfits from the TV shows not from a few publicity photos no one has hardly even seen

I wasnt refering to his outfits, just his face.
I posted them to show that, although these photos are taken years after Angel, he doesnt look as old as the Sculpt for the PF:Angel

Slayerverse98 said:
I think people are being too picky or fussy.

I'm sorry but for $250, you bet your heinie I'm gonna be picky and fussy. I wouldn't pay $40 for what it looks like now...
It doesn't look like ANGEL. It looks like a heavier, crosseyed 40+ year old Boreanaz. Nothing wrong with that in of itself but I don't want that on my shelf.
ANGEL the character is supposed to be permanently, what? In his mid 20's or so..? Using this would be like taking the TJHooker era Shatner and putting him in a TOS uniform. Sure, they're both Shatner but it wouldn't be right.
Especially when the recent Spike looks so fab. Why accept the huge dropoff in quality...?

:)

sueworld said:
07062007014325hm0.jpg

Here's the shot they've obviously based the whole thing on, but tried to change the expression.

angelus2ut1.jpg

Actually, the jackets don't even match! There are no seams down the front on the jacket in the publicity photo...!

Slayerverse98 said:

I absolutely agree, 100%. I'm glad I'm not the only one who don't care about a leather coat. I know that's kind of a trademark for him, but Angel's style changed over the years in both shows and an "alternative" looking Angel is quite interesting for me. Also more mature Angel is more appealing to me. As the wise slayerverse said, Angel's looks were not defined in the first stage of the character, he looked too immature (physically speaking), I much prefer an older Angel (i know it doesn't make sense since he's a vampire), much more interesting and sexy. As for now, and based on the fuzzy little pic, I will complain about the forehead, that's something that NEEDS to be fixed. On the other hand, you should know by now that sculpting hair is quite a difficult task to make right, and Angel's spiky hair must be one of the hardest to make. I'm used to the afro looking hair, I accept it, as for now I don't think they can come up with something much better. Anyway, as I said before, I'll wait for the prototype pictures of the whole statue to judge it in full.

willowswarlok said:
Ok, i get what your saying about his face getting better as he ages, which is definately true, in bones, he looks great, BUT he doesnt look like this.

this is a photo from bones season 1, he looks almost identical to how he did on Angel, except his hair. Look at the picture, no forehead wrinkles and his head doesnt look compressed!

dbphotooi9.jpg

As for being to negative, we are all fans, we know and love the character, and we spend lots of money on this type of thing, why should we have to settle for below par statues?

These are some photos of him out and about recently, he looks great, nothing like the sculpt. Im just wondering why they seem to base all figures on david when he wasnt at his best- the beginning of Season 5?

Heres the photos, sure he looks a little older, but id take a sculpt of him here, over this sculpt anyday

https://www.slayerverse.org/svggaldeluxe/details.php?image_id=37635

https://www.slayerverse.org/svggaldeluxe/details.php?image_id=37641

Im just praying that they will change the sculpt. Even if they got David in for a scan now, it would look better than this one. He has no apparent wrinkles on his forehead like the sculpt :(

Wayne

I see what you mean. I like how he looks in the PF pics so far minus the wrinkles but it'd be nice to have a sculpt of how he looks in those pics you posted too but if they were to sculpt him from say season 1 of Buffy that wouldn't be so good, lol.

I think people are judging too quickly also because this is a prototype and they usually tend to look different from the finished product

No matter how he turns out i will get him, because i'm a big David fan and of the Angel character, unless he looks nothing like David then i'll give it a miss

Last edited:
Back